Chapter Two

Tangled

 

Lee Jong Suk's face almost turned purple. Well it was maroon actually. But anyway, he was in rage. She was afraid that he was gonna hit her at that very moment, because he looked like he did. Fortunately he didn't, but instead he stood up cooly and offered her his hand to help her stand up as well. 

"Please watch where you're going next time." He said in between gritted teeth, and walked off with his manager towards the elevator.

-x-

He was furious. Of course he was! He had just bought the shirt he was wearing yesterday and it was not cheap! He had hoped to wear it during the scriptreading of the new MBS drama he was gonna be starring in. So yes he was mad! He wanted to twist the neck of the woman who had just spilled coffee on his new shirt. But there were paparazzis everywhere. He did not want another bloody scandal. The news about his obsessive-compulsive disorder did not do him any good. He had already called his stylist to bring another shirt for him to wear, but they were almost late. He did not want to be late. And although he wanted to change his coffee stained shirt as soon as he could, it was either borrow his manager's old clothes or wait another hour for his clean ones.

Yeah, he can change later.

Everyone was already on the table trying to practice their lines perfectly. The director ushered him to his seat, and one of the scriptwriters, Cheri, handed him his booklet.

"Okay everyone, let's begin!"

-x-

"Mi amor, where is ze coffee I asked of you, eh?" Cheri asked impatiently on the phone.

"Well you see Cheri, err..." Joo stuttered, "there has been some kind of a problem..." 

"No no no no no! You know I cannot function well without my daily dose of caffeine, Mi Amor."

"I'm on my way!" Joo answered as she stepped inside the elevator. "Give me five minutes."

-x-

"Let's take a ten minute break." The director told them. Jong Suk rose from his seat and went over to his manager to change his shirt. His stylist had it delivered already. He eyed his new colleagues warily. When selecting his projects, Jong Suk made sure it was unlike any other project he has ever done. He only wanted the best for himself. That's why he is where he is now. Because he only wants the best. If it is not the best, then he is not going to do it. Period. End of story.

The script of course had to be unique. The actors and actresses must be top stars, and the crew must be flexible with his working conditions. That is what his dramas and movies were made of. Anything lacking thereof, shall result to breach of contract. Hence, no Lee Jong Suk for you.

Your loss.

He may be obsessive-compulsive, but despite all of that, he is still the most sought for actor in the country. Everybody wants him. There's no doubt about that.

He wanted to show his mum how great he was now. How he had managed to survive without her help. Thank you very much. She was a very famous actress back in the day, and because of that fame, she hid the fact that she gave birth to him. She was greedy like that. That was probably the major reason why he joined the industry. So that he can tell it to his mother's face that he was successful now, and make her feel sorry for all the things that she has never done for him. She had abandoned him when he was still a child, and not even once greeted him on his birthday. She wanted to become an actress so badly that greed had turned her into a monster. Maybe that was the reason why he was trying so hard to reach the top. So that he can show her and make her aknowledge him as her son. But of course, because he was Lee Jong Suk, he would never admit that to anyone.

Not even to himself.

-x-

As Joo managed to put the coffee on each and everyone's desk without any errors, she heaved a sigh of relief. Well at least no more mishaps this time. She was truly apologetic towards Lee Jong Suk, who was by the way, sending her deadly glares from the across the room. 

Gulp.

She bowed her head and sat down on the chair next to Kim Shin Yeong (or Somi), her bestfriend, who was also one of the stylists for the drama. They were also having a meeting for the things that they needed to prepare for the program.

"Thank you everyone." IU told them when the scriptreading was over. She was the leading actress for the drama, together with Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk. She looked cheerful and pretty in her white dress, and she also brought pizza for the staff, which was very thoughtful of her.

Kim Woo Bin on the other hand looked very dashing in his blue button up shirt. He was very polite, and he smiled as he listened to the director's lecture. He also greeted everyone when he walked in and when it ended. He had asked Joo where the water station was earlier because he was thirsty, and because he was very charming- she'd given him a 10/10 on the appearance category- she offered to get it for him, but because she was Joo, she almost tripped over a wire. Woo Bin kept her steady and told her to be careful next time. She became flustered.

Lee Jong Suk didn't even say goodbye to the staff. After things ended, he walked out of the room without a word.