Chapter Four

Tangled

On the first day of drama filming, it was really cold.  Joo and Somi were running an errand for Cheri when Joo's phone rang.

"Hello? Is this Kim Seuk Hye?"

"Yes. Who is this?"

"Hi, this is Go Jung Hwa. The producer for Younha's MV..."

She could hear her heart pounding now.

"Unfortunately the lady we had chosen couldn't make it tomorrow because she just had an accident..."

Oh. So they found someone for the role already....

"And Kim Woo Bin put in a good word for you. We wanted you to be her proxy instead. Could you go to the studio tomorrow for the rehearsals? I'll e-mail you the details..."

Somi snapped her fingers at her. "Joo, are you alright? You look pale. What's wrong?"

"I can't believe it." Joo said, dropping her hand in disbelief. "I'm going to be doing Younha's music video. With Kim Woo Bin."

Somi placed all the bags she was carrying on the ground and hugged her tightly. 

"Omo~ Omo!!!! Congrats Joo! You made it! I'm so happy for you!"

"What are you ladies babbling about? Hurry up and bring everything inside the tent." Cheri, who seemed to be in a bad mood today ordered, which both of them complied.

-x-

Kim Woo Bin sipped on his tea while waiting for his scene to be filmed. The weather was dark and gloomy, and he had just finished reading the book he brought with him. There was nothing else left to do other than wait. 

His eyes fell on Joo and her friend who passed by him. He went over to Joo's side and poked her shoulder.

"Hello."

He noticed Joo's friend nudging the sides of her stomach with her elbow but chose to ignore it.

"Woo Bin-ssi!" Joo was surprised when she saw him.

"Let me help you carry those bags." He said as he snatched away the big paperbags they were carrying.

"You don't have to do that. But thank you. For everything. I really mean it."

"Me?" He asked, pointing at himself, "What did I do?"

"Putting in a good word for me about that music video." She bowed down and smiled at him, "Thank you so much! If there's anything you need, anything at all, please tell me. I owe you one."

"Oh that. That was nothing. I just told them you were perfect for the role." He confessed, "You were our best bet yet, but the CEO of Younha's agency wanted his daughter to appear in the music video. Although I feel bad for the current predicament that she's in..."

He took a step closer and whispered in her ear, "I secretly wanted something to happen to her so that you could take her place."

-x-

"Okay, CUT!"

Lee Jong Suk was freezing cold. His scene involved jumping over the water. The crew turned up the heater, gave him a towel and some warm clothes. Joo entered the tent and placed his coffee, as per the director's order, on the table. 

He immediately stood up from his seat and took a step as far from her as possible, as if she had some sort of contagious disease or something.

"Don't be scared. I'm not gonna eat you." She .

"Ya! What are you talking about? I'm not afraid of you..." He defended himself, and she just quirked her brows at him. "Well who knows when your feet might just decide to bump into each other again. Just taking preventive measures."

"I delivered your coffee without any mistakes, Your Highness." She curtsied. "Please do spare my life."

He waved his hand dismissively at her and pointed at the tent door, "Get out."

She turned her back and exited his tent. 

After idly drinking his coffee while waiting for his manager to return, he then noticed that the girl had left her phone on the table right next to his mug. He picked it up and tried to look for her. 

-x-

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Joo lost her phone yet again. Shocker. She needed to call her dad to inform him that she was going to be home late because they still needed to pack things up after filming. It wasn't in her bag. It wasn't in her pockets either. She tried to recall all the places that she had been today. She was still texting Somi when she was giving Lee Jong Suk his coffee. Maybe that was where she left it. She hurried back towards the tent because it was getting dark and the wind was getting stronger.

"You..." 

THUD.

The next thing she knew, Lee Jong Suk was lying on the ground and she was on top of him.

"...left your phone."

-x-

"What are you, an alien with one leg or something?" Jong Suk exclaimed as soon as he had composed himself.

"Sorry, I was looking for my phone. I didn't see you coming." She retorted back, dusting the dirt off her clothes.

"Here." He said, tossing her phone over to her. "Don't leave it anywhere near me next time.  I'm a very busy person."

"I didn't ask you to return it to me. I could have found it myself." She puffed, "But thanks anyway."

His eyes widened at her sarcasm, but before he could say anything else, she had already left.

"Right!" He yelled, "You should be thankful I didn't throw it away!"