Chapter Three

Tangled

There was an audition for an upcoming music video (MV) by the famous singer Younha co-starring Kim Woo Bin. He was also one of the judges of course. They were trying to look for a fresh face, one who wasn't famout yet, but who had star potential.

The concept of the MV revolved around a girl who fell for her best friend. She did not want anything to ruin their friendship so she kept her feelings hidden. One day, he introduced his girlfriend to her. She got heartbroken, but still remained a good friend. She was no match for her at all. She was pretty and rich, while she was just a nobody. The girlfriend eventually became jealous of their close relationship and let him choose between the two of them. He chose her.  After three years, he met his best friend again, happily married with two kids. She was really pretty. He then realized his feelings for her and regretted choosing the other girl over her. And then there was a shooting star. He wished things would have been different. Then all of a sudden, the world spinned, and it all went back to the day when he was asked to choose.

So yeah, you can pretty much guess what happens next.

Kim Woo Bin scanned the list of names of the people who were auditioning today. It was rather boring, almost 200 people had already auditioned, but there wasn't anybody who had caught his attention yet. His best buddy, Jong Suk sat down beside him. They had always been good friends ever since the start of their acting career and although he looked like he wasn't the chummy type at all, he was. He may seem arrogant, which he was to most people by the way, but Woo bin knew he also had a soft spot in him, he just doesn't show it.

"How's it going?" Jong Suk asked him, "Any luck yet?"

"Nope."

"I really don't understand why they don't want Park Shin Hye or Krystal to do the role." He muttered.

"The director wants a fresh face." Jong Suk rolled his eyes at his comment.

-x-

"Dad, I'm going!" Joo kissed her dad hurriedly and ran outside.

"Goodluck!" Her dad called out as she was already near the bus stop. She was 20 minutes late. She was not gonna make it. But there was still hope. Hopefully her name hadn't been called yet.

That's what she wanted to think anyway.

-x-

Lee Jong Suk rolled his eyes at the hundreds of desperate girls who were trying to impress the judges. They were really pathetic. Some even begged the judges to choose them.

"Kim Seuk Hye." The director called out the next auditionee. "Miss Kim Seuk Hye."

Nobody stood up. "Last call for Kim Seuk Hye."

"Here!" Cried a girl who just entered the theatre. She was apparently late, was sweating profusely and her hair was in a messy bun. It was obvious that she ran all the way here.  If he were a judge-luckily he wasn't- he'd automatically cross her name off the list. Coming in late for an audition is already a big minus on her part.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" She panted, fixing her hair.

"Oh?" Woo Bin exclaimed as he saw her face, "Isn't that your coffee princess?"

Jong Suk almost choked on the water he was drinking, and took out her profile from Woo Bin's desk to review it. He scoffed as soon as he saw her picture. It was indeed the girl who spilled coffee on his shirt.

"What?" Woo Bin asked him, intrigued by his facial expression. He knew about that unfortunate incident. Jong Suk talked about it all night.

"Ya!" He retorted, "What princess, just look at the way she dresses. And her hair, please don't forget her hair!" He said scornfully.

"She's cute." Woo Bin smiled and looked at Joo. Joo's face was flushed, her hair was a little disheveled, and she wore a  grey sweater and a red skirt.

She wasn't very pretty, but there's something about her that Woo Bin found interesting. Maybe it was her ability to make Jong Suk go insane without even trying. 

"You're not seriously considering her for the part, bro?" Jong Suk looked at him, shocked at his reaction.

"Maybe I would, bro. Who knows."

-x-

"Okay thank you, Miss Kim, Please wait for our call within the next 24 hours."

That was it. Her dream of becoming an actress has been rejected once again. Even though she was used to it, it still stung a bit. But she mustered up a smile and remembered what her dad always told her.

Never give up.

She bowed her head down to show her gratitude and walked out of the theatre as the next person's name was being called.

The days passed by quickly. 

Her phone never rang.