Chapter One

Tangled

Kim Seuk Hye or Joo for short, was just your average woman. She was 5'5", fair complexion, with long brown hair. She was smart, but a lot of girls were smarter than her. And yes she was pretty, but other girls were prettier.

You know, that kind of average.

She's an only child. Her mum passed away when she was still a baby,  on Christmas eve to be exact, when she was still two years old, due to respiratory complications. She was the one who gave her the nickname Joo. 

Her dad was the one who took care of her ever since. You could say she was his favorite. Sure they fought a lot, but both of them loved each other dearly. She knew that she'll always be her daddy's little girl.

Her dad was a lawyer, but people prefer the young aggressive types compared to the old conservative ones these days. Getting twenty cases a year was already luck for him. 

They struggled everyday: paying for their monthly bills, trying to keep their house afloat, and then there's Joo's school fees. But they managed somehow. Joo graduated from university and earned an acting degree. Well ever since she was still a kid she badly wanted to become an actress, and is currently working at a well-known broadcasting company called MBS as a secretary a.k.a errand lady.

So where did it all go wrong you say? After graduating, she had endlessly auditioned for an acting job but was ruthlessly rejected everytime, probably more than 20 times if you kept count. You know what they say, in this line of work you gotta have connections. Which of course, I'm pretty sure you all know by now, she didn't.

So despite her dream to become an actress someday, she also needed to get a reality check. Tik Tok. They needed money.  And her dream of becoming a star wasn't about to knock on her door anytime soon. So she decided to stick with Plan B, grab whatever job you could get, because you only live once.   At least this one was closer to her dream. Even though it meant running around doing errands for her seniors. Yep, she was lucky she got accepted.

"Can you do an errand for me, Mi Amor?" Cheri, one of her seniors, and was also a multi-awarded scriptwriter, pleaded. She came from France by the way, hence the accent. "Can you buy coffee for me pretty please?"

Joo gave her a sweet smile. "Sure Cheri. One caramel macchiatto coming right up!" She stood from her desk and pulled out her bag from the drawer. "Anything else?"

"Me too, I want coffee!" another colleague said, "No sugar please!"

And then it seemed that everyone else wanted coffee as well because she ended up buying coffee for the entire staff. They were having a meeting at 10 o'clock and it was already 9:30.  Joo took out her colored post its in order to write everything down and hurried to the coffee shop right across the street. Thank God for Starbucks!

She cursed at herself for declining the barista's offer to help her with the coffee she was carrying when she reached the building's lobby. It was hard trying to balance them while she was trying really hard not to hit anything and answer her phone at the same time.

It was a busy day today at work. Everyone else was planning something major for the upcoming KDramas the company was producing. She was also busy with uhm, you know, getting things done for them as well, like serving them their morning coffee for example.

Oomppffff.

She hit something hard. And it smelled good too~. She looked up. 

To make matters worse, the coffee spilled on his white button up shirt, which Joo was sure cost a lot by the way.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" Joo said.

To make matters even more worse than it already was, the person she had spilled coffee on was no other than the famous actor, Lee Jong Suk. (♥___♥)

To make matters so worst, that I-wish-I-lived-in-another-planet-right-now kind of worst, was that when she tried to wipe the coffee stain off his shirt, her legs all of a sudden tied into a knot, she couldn't explain how that happened either, she was always the clumsy one. She went sprawling towards his direction knocking both of them and her bag of coffee, to the ground.

Oh dear Lord, please kill me now.