Chapter 8

Forgotten Idols

                She was restless.

                Though just a few days ago Hana would have given anything to close her eyes, she couldn't bring herself to do it now. She laid in her new bed, listening to silence as her room was gradually filled with the light of day. Hana assumed it was probably some time in the afternoon by then, nonetheless the house was still silent.

                Unfortunately, the past nightmarish days had taken its toll. It just wasn't normal for her to stay still for long, and the anxiety she felt well up was threatening to overflow.  If she had to stare at the same white ceiling any longer, she felt she would go insane.

                She had to move.

                As quietly as she could, Hana eased her way out of the bed. She got up, and tip-toed past her roommate. Amber's cropped blonde hair spread wildly across her pillow as it muffled her steady breathing. Hana left the room and gently closed the door behind her.

                She began to roam the silent halls, and her bare-feet were warm against the cloud-like carpet.

                Is anyone awake? she wondered.

                All of the doors she passed were closed, and the light snores from the other side told her that the rest of the house was fast asleep.

                But as she passed a door at the end of the hallway, heated whispers could be heard from inside the room.

                "But we're in the same house as them!"

                "And?"

                "And they could kill us all in our sleep, take our stuff and leave!"

                "Don't be ridiculous," Dongahe said,  "Besides, they were the ones begging us to help them."

                Hana wasn't one for eavesdropping and was about to move on, until she heard her name put in the conversation.

                "You wouldn't be defending them if you saw that Hana girl kill the manager." Eunhyuk spat.

                Donghae sighed, "Like I told you earlier, I don't think you saw that right."

                "So you're saying I'm lying, Donghae?"

                "No," Donghae took a deep breath, "I'm just saying that there might have been a reason for it. He didn't look like he was in his right mind. And if," he said the word exaggeratedly slow for emphasis, "there really are zombies walking around out there, then it was probably for defense."

                Hana put her ear to the door, and could hear Eunhyuk mutter something that sounded like, "When something goes wrong, don't come crying to me."

                It was quiet for a while and Hana thought that they might have gone back to sleep.

                "Go wake up everybody and tell them to wash their asses," Eunhyuk suddenly said, "And tell Psycho and Killer to take extra care, because they smell like one."

                Hana scoffed.

                "Okay." Donghae yawned.

                "And after they're done, tell them to come to the dining room. We need to have a meeting."

                Suddenly, their voices were dangerously close to the other side of the door.

                Hana was still standing in the middle of the long, empty hallway. Her room was all the way at the end, and there was no way she could make it back unnoticed in time.

                The doorknob turned, and Donghae stepped into the hall wearing a large T-shirt and basketball shorts. He rubbed his still sleep filled eyes, which rounded at the sight of the girl standing right outside his door.

                "OH! G-good morning!" he said as his heart nearly leaped out of his chest. Hana stood motionless, looking at the idol through the black veil of her hair. They stared at each other for a few awkward seconds more as Donghae tried to form a question, "What are you...how long have you...why-"

                "I was about to go to the kitchen for some water." Hana said.

                He exhaled in relief, "Oh...okay. How long have you been standing here?"

                Hana looked into Donghae's still anxious face with a stony expression.

                "What's going on?" Eunhyuk asked as he emerged from behind Donghae, running a hand through his blue bed-hair. A look of fear suddenly crossed his face, but disappeared as fast as it had come, "Oh, Hana...what are you doing up?" he asked.

                "I was just trying to get some water from the kitchen." Hana explained once again. She did a good job of masking the animosity in her tone towards the dancer.

                "Oh, you just walk into the living room and the kitchen is on the right. You can't miss it." Eunhyuk said with a smile. Hana nodded in thanks and was about to walk away when Eunhyuk called after her again, "We're having a meeting downstairs in a bit. But maybe a shower would do you good first," he said, laughing heartily.

                Hana resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she walked past the pair and back to her room to get another change of clothes.

                Donghae and Eunhyuk looked on after Hana.

                "Do you think she heard?" Eunhyuk whispered, his smile slowly fading.

                "I don't think so."

                "Good." Euhyuk patted Donghae on the shoulder, "I'm getting the shower first." he said. The friends walked in opposite directions as Donghae went to wake up the rest of the house.

 

 

                Hana managed to get her clothes, unnoticed by a still sleeping Amber, and slide out of the room without running into Donghae who was waking up drowsy young adults in the next room.

                She roamed the halls once again (which she figured would happen often until she figured out where everything was), looking for at least one bathroom in this absurdly big house. After putting her ear to a door, and gently tapping it a few times, she didn't hear a response. She walked inside and put her things on the cold granite counter-top of the mansion bathroom. Her footsteps echoed as they made contact with the new surface, and she closed the heavy door behind her. There was a large tub in the middle of the room surrounded by candles. The entire back wall was a window that had a view of the expansive backyard. After more exploring, she discovered the shower in another room in the back of the colossal bathroom.

                She grabbed a towel, soap, and hair products from one of the many drawers and sat them aside. Closing herself in the shower room, she the water, then discarded her clothes and let the feeling of water gush over her.

                 Hana couldn't help but smile as she lathered her hair with shampoo and watched the bubbles get swallowed by the drain. She scrubbed her skin until it was pink, and the water around her feet turned copper in color. She was not only washing away filth, but her worries for the time being.

______________________________

 

                Sehun sleepily emerged from his room holding a change of clothes. He saw his roommate, Kai, standing outside of another bathroom with a towel in his hand. He stood in line behind almost everyone else in the house.

                He had a smirk on his face, "How'd you sleep last night?" Kai asked.

                "Like a baby. I haven't gotten more than four hours in weeks."

                "Same."

                Suddenly, Chen came out of the bathroom with new clothes and damp hair sticking to his forehead, "It's all yours." he said to the group.

                Sehun took the invitation and pushed past the rest, only to be stopped by Kai's hand, "Whoa, what do you think you're doing?"

                Sehun gave him a look of clear annoyance, "What else? I'm going to take a shower."

                "There's a line for a reason." Amber said in groggy agitation, "Even though there's a lot of showers, we can only use one if we want hot water."

                "I don't know why, but the water was actually kind of cold," Chen said as he walked to the back of the line, "It doesn't make any sense, we're using only one shower right now."

                "Eunhyuk probably used all the hot water when he took a shower earlier." Chanyeol muttered, "Where is he anyways?"

                "Downstairs. He said we're having a meeting when everyone is done washing up." Amber said.

                "Okay! Three minute limit is up! Time to get out!" Donghae yelled as he pounded against the door. Though he had already taken his shower, it was his job to make sure everyone was in and out in a timely manner.

                Sehun tapped his foot impatiently, "How much longer do I have to wait until I can get in there?"

                "Well, considering the time limit and the number of people in line...around 15 minutes." Amber said.

                Sehun scoffed. Without a word, he walked down the hall, around the corner, and out of sight.

                 A 15 minute wait? Please...

                Sehun thought as he looked for another bathroom.

                Using two bathrooms at once won't matter anyways if the water is already cold.

                He reached yet another door, and when he went to open it, found what he had been looking for. He admired the size of the bathroom, its cleanliness, and the large tub in the middle of the room. His eyes drifted,and he noticed a pile of clothes on the counter next to the sink.

                Who are these for...?

                Sehun inspected the clothes, but quickly lost interest after charting off the issue as unimportant. He began to take off his own clothes, leaving them in a pile on the floor. Unknown to Sehun, who strode around the room in his boxers, another person was just mere feet away.

___________________________

 

               After Hana turned off the water and dried her hair, she wrapped the fluffy towel around her body. That was undoubtedly the best shower she had ever taken- even if the water was icy cold. It was more refreshing than anything. She couldn't complain, it was the first shower in days and it was definitely needed.

                I wonder where Shin is right now-

                But Hana's thoughts were cut short when she opened the door. Because a that moment, she smacked right into someone's bare chest. Due to the impact and the slippery floor, the two collided with the tile in a groaning heap. Hana slowly looked over in confusion and met Oh Sehun's wide eyes. He laid there shirtless in a puddle of water while she was covered by nothing but a towel.

                Then the screaming began.

                 Hana gripped her towel tighter and backed into a wall as Sehun tried to cover his chest in vain. He crawled up from the floor, picked up his clothes, and sprinted out of the bathroom, leaving Hana paralyzed on the bathroom floor.

 

 

                She remained shell-shocked even while descending the staircase.

                It wouldn't leave her mind.

                Aren't there other showers? Why did he come to the one I was in anyways? Is Sehun some kind of ert?

                Right when Hana entered the foyer and rounded the corner, she rammed her shoulder.

                "AH!" she screamed.

                "Whoa! What's the matter?" Shin asked as he held his arm.

                "Nothing, I thought you were-" she saw the look of confusion on his face, "- never mind. What are you up to?"

                "Looking for you," Shin said, "Where'd you disappear to this morning? I asked Amber where you were and she said that when she woke up you weren't there."

                "I went...exploring."

                "No fair. I was stuck in a room with Chanyeol the entire time. He's nice and all, but he talks in his sleep. Its kind of hard to get sleep when your roommate is having conversations with himself."

                Shin and Hana exited the foyer and entered the club-like living room.

                "Isn't there a meeting we're supposed to be at right now?"

                "Yeah," said Shin, "But we're probably going to be the last ones there."

                They walked through the living room and into the biggest kitchen they had ever seen.  Conversation could be heard nearby, and they followed the sound until they made it to the dining room. As predicted, the entire house was already sitting at a long wooden table, Eunhyuk at the head.

                 His face turned smug as soon as he saw the cousins walk through the door, "Great, now that they finally decided to join us, we can get this meeting started."

                "You didn't have to wait for us." Shin said.

                "Oh I know, but Donghae insisted otherwise, so you have him to thank."

                 Hana scanned the room and saw the blond person she wanted to avoid the most. He had the same idea, because when the two made eye-contact, Sehun immediately turned the opposite direction and found the wall to be quite interesting.

                "What were you doing running around the hallway half- anyways?" Chen whispered to the maknae. 

                 Sehun turned to his band mate and glared, "Shut. Up," he said through clenched teeth.

                Shin and Hana sat down in the two empty seats, "So what's this meeting about?" Shin asked.

                "What we're planning to do now." Donghae said.

                "Well, we have a place to stay," Shin said, "It's big, the community and house is gated. I'd say we're in pretty good shape."

                "And that's where you're wrong." Eunhyuk interjected.

                Henry played with his hands, "I looked in all the cabinets like you asked, Eunhyuk. All I could find was alcohol and a couple of granola bars. I finished all the ramyun yesterday."

                "Basically, we barely have enough food to last us until tomorrow." Amber put it simply as she crossed her arms.

                "So, we'd have to go back out there just to get food?" Kai asked.

                "That's easier said than done." said Shin.

                "Wait," Eunhyuk said with a mischievous grin, "I know where we can go grocery shopping."

 

 

                "Are you sure no one is going to be there?"

                "Celebrities only come here when they get a vacation, which is hardly ever," Donghae said as he got into the van.

                "There's never more than two houses being occupied at the same time," Eunhyuk said as he claimed his spot in the passenger seat, "Besides, I doubt if anyone else was as smart as us to come here."

                While the rest piled into the SM van once again, Hana, Shin, Henry, and Sehun decided to stay behind (Sehun said he had a stomach ache, to which Hana knew was a blatant lie. He practically ran out of the room when the meeting was over).

                The group left the Super Junior property and drove the length of a football field to their neighbor's residence. They parked in front of the equally gigantic house and stood in front of the van. A YG Entertainment flag hung proudly from the garage door, "This is G-Dragon's place," Eunhyuk said as he rubbed his hands together, "Now lets go get some food."

                "Wait, are you sure this is okay? I don't think we should just break into his house and take his stuff like this," Chanyeol said.

                 Eunhyuk released an aggravated sigh, "Look, it's either GD or Lee Minho's house. Those are the only two that are dumb enough to not have their house protected by a gate."

                When there was no response, Eunhyuk led the way to the enormous front door. He twisted the handle, and found it to be looser than expected, "It's already open."

                Chanyeol suddenly got a bad sense of deja vu, "Does he always leave his front door open? Especially since he doesn't have a gate?"      

                "How would I know, Chanyeol? I've never been here before." Eunhyuk pushed the door open, and the earsplitting sound of an alarm nearly made their heart stop, "Jongin! Hurry up and turn that thing off! The rest of us will go look for food!" he screamed.

                They hurried inside in search of the kitchen while Kai stood in the middle of the room. He was at a complete loss for what he was supposed to do, or why he was given the task in the first place. He ran to the alarm system and began to type in random codes. The loud ringing continued, and he was positive the noise could be heard from their house.

                "Come on." he pleaded as he panicked. He was about to give it another try when he suddenly felt cold steel on the back of his neck. He quickly turned around, only to stare down the barrel of a gun.

                "Does no one knock anymore?" asked an intimidatingly deep voice.

                Kai was rooted to his spot, and stuttered over the words he couldn't form as his complete line of vision was taken by the weapon in his face. But the moment was short-lived, because the gun was then flipped around, giving Kai a solid hit to the forehead.

                He was knocked out cold.

                The man stepped over Kai's limp body and entered the correct code into the system, silencing the alarm.

                "He's got the good stuff! Whoa..." a bottle of liquor crashed onto floor in front of Chen's feet. He stood there, wishing he could have only remained quiet and back away unnoticed, but it was too late now.

                The rest of the group heard the bottle fall and came to see the problem, only to realize they had walked right into it.

                Kai was sprawled across the floor, a tall figure holding a semi-automatic machine gun looming over him. The man with the gun turned to face the group, and there were audible gasps from everyone.

                TOP, the main rapper of Big Bang, looked between the shocked faces he recognized and Kai's unconscious body.

                He ran his fingers through his hair with a smile, gun still in hand, "I guess I'm not so alone in this world after all."

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________