Chapter 11

Forgotten Idols

                Donghae and the three EXO boys sat around the dining room table, spoons clanking against their bowls.

                "The soup is almost gone, so I don't know what we'll do if they don't make it back soon," Chen said.

                "They said that they would take two days at the most, so they'll be back tomorrow," Donghae assured.

                "Let's hope so, I don't know how much longer I can eat this," Kai said, looking into his bowl in disgust.

                "Oh man, I just realized that I forgot to call my mom after rehearsal a few days ago," Chen thought aloud. Unfortunately, he realized that he was too late, no phones worked anymore, "When was the last time you all talked to your parents?" he asked the group.

                Kai pursed his lips, "Like two weeks ago? My schedule has been so messed up because of SMTOWN I could never get a hold on them."

                "About a week ago," Sehun said, "Mine were getting ready for their vacation in France the last time I checked," he wondered if they ever made it to their destination.

                "My mom...," Donghae thought and smiled pitifully, "A month ago?"

                "Seriously?! Wow you're a terrible son," Sehun said.

                Donghae rolled his eyes, "Yeah I know. Ever since my dad died I've been worrying about her. She lives alone and I tried to visit as much as possible but it's just...hard," he put it simply.

                The boys nodded in understanding.

                Donghae chuckled to himself, "After Super Junior got popular, I made enough money for her to retire, and I sent her some every week, but she still insisted on working. A few years back I bought out a two story complex for her, so that she could live on the second floor and run her own business on the first. She opened a pretty successful flower shop and has employees and everything."

                "Well that was nice of you."

                "I guess...I just felt obligated to do something. Me and Eunhyuk tried to stop by and visit her every once in a while in our free time, and that always made her day. She's like a second mom to him, and she always treated him like her son," he said, staring off, "I just wish that I could have spent more time with her...seen her more often...called her more...but now it may be too late to say what I should have done."

                 Donghae swallowed back the lump in his throat and got up from the table.

                "Uh, don't forget to wash you bowls after you're finished eating," he said. He walked out of the room, wiping his eyes as he rounded corner.

__________________________________________

    

               Whenever someone began to doze off, the occasional rocking of the car jolted them back to consciousness; back to the same palpitating heart and horrified emotions of their nightmarish reality. Staying up for ungodly hours practicing a dance routine could never compare to the gut wrenching feeling of staring your potential killer in the face, time never seeming to move fast enough. The zombies weren't nocturnal, but something about the night breeze seemed to stir their activity.

                After the longest night of their life, the sun finally rose and the streets cleared as if nothing had ever happened.

                TOP urged them to take advantage of this opportunity, "Let's get the rest of the food and get out of here," when Eunhyuk reached for his door, TOP became furious, "You stay here," he said, unmistaken sternness in his voice, fire in his eyes.

                Eunhyuk immediately looked away from his blazing stare, sinking down in his seat. Though TOP was younger than he was, and normally wouldn't have taken such an attitude from his juniors, he couldn't bring himself to fight him.

                "Chanyeol can you stay behind too? Keep an eye on...things?" he asked.

                Chanyeol nodded, knowing exactly what he meant, "Sure, no problem."

                The rest stumbled out of the van, observing the now empty streets that were filled with rotting corpses just a few hours ago.

                "Loner life was so much better, I didn't have to count on anyone else to make dumb decisions," TOP muttered loud enough for the dancer to hear before closing the door.

                As the group walked inside to retrieve the lost items, Chanyeol turned to Eunhyuk, "What was that about last night?"

                "I was trying to be productive, instead of sitting around twidling my thumbs the whole day. I was going to get the keys and drive back to you guys so that we could get moving again."

                "If that was a good idea, one of us would have thought of it and done it hours earlier, not wait until the sun went down and decide to go alone. What were you thinking? You almost got us killed trying to save you!"

                Eunhyuk scoffed, "Killed? I would have been fine."

                "I almost died yesterday because of those things, you would not have been fine!"

                "Calm down, I can take care of myself. They're just not right in the head because of the sickness."

                Chanyeol's eyes widened, "Do you really believe that? It took me almost dying yesterday to be sure, but isn't obvious that they're not people anymore?"

                Eunhyuk shook his head, "I don't know what you're talking about."

                Chanyeol couldn't believe his senior's denial.

                The group exited the store and pushed their baskets to the car, filling it up with the much needed food. They dug through the grocery bags in the backseat while TOP drove out of the area, heading back toward the Hallyu Village. They were all relieved to have made it through the trip, and closed their eyes to sleep through the long car ride ahead.

                When they reached the same packed highway as before, TOP suddenly stopped, "Oh no."

                Everyone's eyes snapped open, and saw a huge herd blocking the road. They were moving in the same direction as they were, but there were too many of them to even try and make it through.

                "That must be the group that passed us last night," Shin said as TOP put the van in reverse. He turned the vehicle around and drove it back in the direction of the town.

                "We have to find another way back, I'm not driving through that," TOP said. Suddenly, a bright red light behind the steering wheel flashed, making him sigh, "Looks like we have to find a gas station too, we're almost out."

                They cursed their luck as they drove through the country roads, not a gas station in sight. After several detours, and time wasted, they wound up in the middle of nowhere, open fields filled with cattle on both sides of them. The line of the gas gauge was below E at this point. The car began to feel sluggish, barely coasting along before it became shaky. Running on fumes, the van made it a few more meters before it slowed to a gradual stop. It was really a miracle that the van hadn't stopped earlier. The car had been driven for miles upon miles for several days without any problems before then.

                TOP put his head back, taking in a deep breath as he tried to come up with a solution, "Alright, everyone get out of the car."

                "What? You're not making us push are you?" Amber asked skeptically.

                TOP opened the doors, grabbing the two duffle bags of guns, "Nope. Let's go, we're walking."

                "Oh come on, that could be for miles! Who knows when we'll find a gas station?"

                "We can't just sit here and wait for another herd to pass. Everyone grab some bags, let's go."

                Without any more protests, the young adults grabbed as many grocery bags as they could. They trudged along the side of the road, grateful that none of them had selected any super heavy items. The spring sun was unusually strong that day and it shone on them with every step they took.

                They walked in silence, all that could be heard were several labored breaths. TOP carried the duffle bags, one on each shoulder, and looked back at the group.

                "I see some buildings ahead, we're almost there."

                They had been walking for a little more than two miles at this point and were greatful to hear this news. They approached another small town filled with shops and modest apartment complexes.

                "We're not completely lost, I've been here before. We're less than an hour away from the Hallyu Village at this point," TOP said.

                 They took a turn on another street and the group collectively sighed in relief upon seeing a gas station. They jogged over and immediately dropped their bags to the ground.

                "So what now? We've got gas, but no car," Amber said.

                "We could just carry some gas back-" Henry began.

                "Ha! You're funny."

                "We've got cars right here," TOP said, pointing to the vehicles at the pumps.

                "Are you suggesting that we steal a parked car?" Amber asked. TOP nodded, "I'm down."

                As the group discussed the plan, Shin and Hana observed the area, getting a feeling that things looked awfully familiar. "Guys, I think me and Hana live close to here," Shin said as he took in the buildings he had passed every so often.

                "You sure?" TOP asked.

                "Yeah I'm positive," the older cousin looked across the street, letting out a loud gasp, "That's where my mom works!" he said in a child-like voice, pointing ahead at a flower shop at the street corner.

                Everyone turned to see the two story building Shin had directed their attention to. Eunhyuk's eyes widened in realization, "Donghae's mom owns that place."

                "Mrs. Lee is Donghae's mom?" Shin asked. He had come by a few times to visit his own mother, and remembered the welcoming older woman casually mention that she had a son in the entertainment industry. Shin would have never put the peices together to realize this coincidence.

                "How do you know Mrs. Lee?" Eunhyuk asked.

                "She's my mom's boss," Shin said before he ran off toward the shop, Hana not far behind. If anyone knew what had happened to his mother, it was her.

                "Amber, Henry, Chanyeol, you guys stay here and find us another car. We'll be right back," TOP grabbed a gun from the duffle bag and left it on the ground of the gas station. He and Eunhyuk followed the cousins, running across the street.

                They stood in front of the door, looking into the store's display windows and finding no activity inside.  They warily opened the door and a bell jingled over their head. Their slow footsteps echoed off the walls of the empty place. What would have normally been a beautiful store was now dark. Wilted flowers covered every counter top and a watering can was overturned, droplets finding its way to the floor.

                "Mrs. Lee!" Eunhyuk called, getting no response.

                "Mom!" Shin yelled, earning silence in return.

                The four of them walked to the back of the store where they found a narrow staircase. At the top of the thirty or so stairs was another door, "I forgot, Mrs. Lee lives here..." Eunhyuk said. They followed his lead up the stairs and tried to open the door at the top, but with little success, "It’s unlocked, but something is in the way," he said.

                They all pushed as hard as they could, forcing the door open and stumbling into the living room. The floor was scattered with junk, making it almost impossible to see the carpet underneath. 

                "What happened in here?" TOP wondered aloud. He looked behind the door and saw that it had been barricaded by a tall wooden bookshelf.   

                "I don't know, it's usually so clean in here whenever Donghae and I come to visit," Eunhyuk said.

                While stepping over the trash on the floor, Hana noticed the framed family photos on the wall. One of them was of the Lee family, a young Donghae smiling happily between his parents. Next to it was a more recent picture of Donghae holding a trophy after a win at a music show.

                Shin walked up behind his cousin, "This is so weird. The door was barricaded from the inside, so someone has to be here," he whispered, "We just checked in the kitchen and all of the pantries were empty."

                They continued to walk around the apartment, checking inside of cabinets and bathrooms. When they opened the last door at the end of the hall, they found it to be the master bedroom. The bed was bare, no sheets, pillows or blankets to be found.

                Everyone wore confused expressions.

                "Where'd she go?" Eunhyuk wondered aloud.

                There was a light thump coming from the closet at the other side of the room. It was almost inaudible, but it was just loud enough to reach their four ears.

                TOP put a finger to his lips and motioned the other three forward toward the small door. He silently counted to three and flung the door open, pointing his gun to whatever was inside. Their ears were met with a startling scream that made everyone jump back. In the furthest corner of the closet surrounded by pillows and food wrappers lay Mrs. Lee.

________________________________________

 

                "There's only two cars here, there's really not that many options," said Chanyeol.

                "How about that pickup truck over there?" Amber said as she pointed to the red vehicle. The pump was still connected to the gas door.

                "Yeah, that should work," Henry said.

                They walked over to the car and pulled its door open.

                "Oh, what the ?!" Amber yelled as she looked inside of the car, holding her nose. Slumped over in the driver's seat was a man's dead body, the whole thing smelling of decay, "Ugh, that's not okay."

                Chanyeol bravely stepped forward and took a hold of the man's sleeve. With a grimace, he pulled the body toward him, hearing the bones crack as he did so, "Get back," Chanyeol instructed. Everyone moved aside and Chanyeol let the body fall to the ground.

                Henry looked at the stilled figure on the floor, "Good job," he said, nose scrunched up in disgust.

                Chanyeol slid into the seat that had just been occupied by the dead man. Luckily the keys were still in the ignition, and when he the car and looked at the gas gauge he smiled, "Its full!"

                They carried all of the groceries over and placed them in the truck's bed.

                "That’s good, but all of seven of us can't fit," Amber said.

                At the next pump over was a military green Jeep Wrangler. They walked over to the car and Henry peaked inside, "All clear."

                "All clear of what?" Amber asked.

                "Dead bodies."

                Chanyeol pulled on the door handle, "It’s locked."

                "Wait let me try," Henry said as he walked over and tugged on the handle.

                "If it's locked it's locked, pulling on the door won't make a difference-" Amber began to say before she was cut off by the sound of the car's blaring alarm. Everyone held their ears, "What the hell did you do?!"

                "Nothing! I was just pulling on the door, you saw me!" Henry shouted over the noise.

                "The car must be really sensitive to touch!" Chanyeol exclaimed. He saw movement from the corner of his eye, and turned to see several animated corpses walking down the street toward them.

                Amber saw the utter terror on Chanyeol's face and turned to see the problem, "Oh ."

 

_________________________________________

 

                

              "Shh everything is okay, Mrs. Lee," Eunhyuk said as he cradled the older woman in his arms. Upon seeing the dancer's face when the closet door opened, she burst into a fit of tears and ran to the young man she considered to be her second son.

                "Hyukjae!" she was the only person besides his own family that called him by his real name, "They're coming back! They're dying and coming back to life! Oh, it's been terrible!"

                Eunhyuk shook his head, "No, no, no! Everything's fine!" he said, trying to calm her down, "You know what? Donghae's going to be so happy to see you."

                Her eyes lit up in excitement, "Donghae? Where is he?" she asked as she tried to look past him towards the doorway.

                "He's not here with us right now, but he's not far. We can take you to him right now," he said. He gently brought the woman to her feet and escorted her toward the front door.

                "What happened in here, Mrs. Lee?" TOP asked as he tried to walk over the mounds of overturned furniture and trash on the floor.

                She shook her head, "So many people came in here and ransacked the place looking for food and anything else of valuable. I've been hiding in that closet for the past few days."

                They opened the front door and ventured down the stairs.

                "Hello Mrs. Lee, I'm Park Shin, Park Eunjung's son. I'm not sure if you remember me, but I've come by a few times."

                Mrs. Lee nodded, "Eunjung's handsome son, I couldn't forget you. Your mother had to pay for the half-a-dozen flower pots you broke whenever you came by."

                Shin nervously ran a hand through his hair, "Yeah, sorry about that. But I was wondering if you've seen her. My mom that is."

                "Eunjung? No, she didn't even come to work on the morning everything happened."

                Shin stared blankly at the older woman. Hana put a hand on his shoulder and he could feel a lump form in the back of his throat.

                When they entered the vacant store and approached the exit, the woman stopped in her tracks, "I can't go, it's too dangerous," she explained to the small group.

                "I promise, everything is going to be fine," Eunhyuk said as he rubbed her back, "Donghae's waiting for you. You have to come if you want to see him."

                She took a deep breath and continued to walk forward. But when they opened the door and stepped outside, they were met with the sound of terrified screams and a blaring car alarm.

                "What the...?" TOP began. His eyes rounded in horror when he noticed Chanyeol, Amber, and Henry on the roof of a pickup truck, kicking at the dozen or so corpses that tried to reach them, "Eunhyuk stay here with Mrs. Lee. Don't move!" he instructed before he and the cousin's raced across the street.

                Gun at the ready, TOP fired at the zombies grasping at the idols' legs. As they fell, more began to come upon hearing the noise. Hana, who had forgotten about the gun in the waistband of her jeans, joined the gunfight and shot down several of her own. Shin stood by his cousin and the rapper without a clue of what to do.

                TOP saw Shin's dilemma and grabbed a colossal wrench from the side of a gas pump, "Shin, are you any good at hand-to-hand combat?" he asked as he continued to fire.

                "Um, not particularly, no," he replied in a panic.

                "Well you're going to learn today," TOP passed Shin the wrench and his stomach dropped. Sure he had done it once before, kill a zombie with a blunt object, but he wasn't fond of doing it again. TOP and Hana had guns, which meant that he had to get the closest to kill.

                A monster stumbled over to him, eyes set on its fleshy dinner. Shin set his lips in a tight line and held a firm grip on the wrench. When it was just a few paces away, he lunged forward and swung, landing the wrench right at the top of its head. The crack of its skull resounded over all the other noise, and it fell limp to the floor.

 

                Mrs. Lee's heart sped up to dangerous levels as she observed the scene across the street, "I need to go back inside," she pleaded as she tried to turn back towards the door.

                Eunhyuk held onto her arm, "No, its okay, just stay here," he was entranced by the violence happening just a few feet away. When he saw Shin shatter a corpse's skull with a wrench, his mouth went agape and he suddenly loosened his grip on the woman's arm.

                In that split second, Mrs. Lee broke away from him and tried to make her way back inside the shop. In her panic, she struggled to open the door and her back was turned to what was going on behind her. Following the sound of chaos in the town, another zombie came along from the alley next to the store. It noticed the woman standing a few paces away and drug itself toward its unsuspecting victim.

                Right when she was able to force the door open, she felt a surprisingly strong grip on her arm. Thinking it was Eunhyuk, she showed little fight until she turned to look into a pair of sunken grey eyes. With no time to react, she stood and screamed as the monster sunk its teeth into her neck. She let go of the door, and tried to push her attacker away with no result.

                Eunhyuk, snapping out of his trance-like rage, turned to see his mother figure curling up on the floor as she was being eaten alive by a reanimated body. He stood there, unable to move a single muscle as he witnessed the living nightmare before his eyes, "NO!!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, chest tightening and eyes welling up with tears that threatened to overflow.

                The same beast locked eyes with the blue haired dancer, and dropped its meal, leaving her neck a bloodied mess. It flung itself toward Eunhyuk, its entire face covered in red. Eunhyuk backed up and tripped over the street curb. The murderous being crawled on top of him, attempting to bite at his face nonstop. He couldn't even bring himself to scream, just stare wide-eyed at the creature that lusted over his flesh, and he didn't understand why. He tried to push it back by its chest, but it was relentless.

                TOP saw this from the opposite side of the street and immediately ran over at full speed. The zombie's saliva dripped onto Eunhyuk's face, and its body stained his clean clothes. As Eunhyuk was losing the strength in his arms, there were several loud pops and the zombie's head snapped back, making it suddenly fall lifeless on top of him.

                 Eunhyuk couldn't move.

                TOP briefly scanned Eunhyuk and from what he could see, he was okay. Hearing gurgled noises, he reluctantly turned to see the old woman sprawled across the sidewalk. She gasped for air, chest rising and falling rapidly. TOP held his face and shook his head in disbelief as he was met with the pleading nature in the woman's eyes.

                He swallowed back the bile that had formed in his throat, and turned away. They had almost saved her, but almost wasn't good enough. Their first successful search and rescue ended in complete and utter failure.

                He faced Mrs. Lee again and pointed his machine gun down, "I'm so sorry."

                There was one shot.

                Eunhyuk's eyes bulged at the sight and he began to shake under the body that laid on top of him. TOP rushed over and kicked the carcass aside. Eunhyuk was still on the pavement, eyes staring at the now peaceful body that was just an arms-length away.

                "Eunhyuk, we need to go," TOP said somberly, but the man remained on the ground.

                TOP pulled him up and carried his weight across the street, right back into the full blown war at the gas station. By this time, Chanyeol, Amber, and Henry climbed off of the van and had gotten their hands on some more tools. They joined Shin in combat as Hana tried her best to nail every monster in the head.

                TOP shot a few more with his free hand to clear his way to the Jeep, "Everybody lets go!" he screamed over the sounds of gunshots and cracking bones. He shot a few rounds into the front seat window of the Jeep, letting him reach the keys inside. He unlocked the car and laid Eunhyuk in the back seat, then hurried to the put the keys in the ignition, "Now! Come on, we need to go!"

                Chanyeol and Amber ran over to the front of the pickup truck and closed the door. Henry, Shin and Hana jumped into the bed along with the scattered groceries. The two cars sped out of the gas station at frightening speeds, narrowly avoiding running over zombies as they did so.

                "Hey, Eunhyuk! Can you hear me?!" TOP yelled over the Jeep's still blaring alarm. Eunhyuk remained motionless in the back, not answering and continuing to stare at the ceiling, "We're almost home, okay!" Eunhyuk didn't acknowledge him, and his breaths came out shallow through his blue lips. TOP slammed his fist on the steering wheel and pressed harder on the gas.

                "What happened back there with Eunhyuk?!" Amber yelled in panic.

                "I didn't see, but Seunghyun was freaking out," Chanyeol said as he tried to keep up with the Jeep infront of him.

                A drive that would normally take forty-five minutes was cut down to fifteen. The sound of the screeching tires bounced off the silent forest, and they raced through the rolling hills of the Hallyu Village, not taking any time to admire its beauty. They drove past the gate and up to the Super Junior Playhouse, not even bothering to park in the garage but instead at the mansion's front door.

                Chen, Sehun, and Kai ran out of the house upon seeing the cars.

                "Oh good, it's just you," Kai said.

                "Welcome back," said Chen.

                "I need some help over here!" TOP said. The three of them jogged over, and looked to find Eunhyuk in the backseat.

                "What happened?!" they asked in unison as they helped him out of the car.

                "Where's Donghae?" TOP asked.

                "In the kitchen cleaning," Sehun replied, confused.

                They carried Eunhyuk inside through the foyer and up the stairs, "Just don't let Donghae see-" he began to say.

                "You're back!" Donghae said in excitement, before looking behind him and seeing his best friend being carried away up the staircase by the three boys, "Wh-whats going on? What's wrong with him?"

                "Bring him to the bathroom to get cleaned up," TOP instructed and the boys nodded as they disappeared with the drooping idol, "He's just in shock, that’s all."

                "In shock? From what? What happened?" he saw the dispair and confusion on everyone's faces, and began to feel anxious.

                TOP sighed, "Donghae, maybe you should sit down. We can go talk in the living room if you want."

                "Why? I'm fine."

                TOP couldn't make eye contact with the singer, "We...saw your mother today."

                Donghae's face immediately brightened, "Really? You saw her? Great! Where is she?" he asked as he craned his neck toward the empty doorway.

                TOP shook his head, "She's not here, Donghae."

                "Then where is she? Is she in the car-?"

                "She's not here. We...lost her when we were making our way back."

                "Wait, what do you mean you...lost her?"

                "Donghae...none of us saw it coming, there was nothing we could do..."

                "You're not answering me, Seunghyun. What happened?" he said slowly as he started to shake. His eyes eyes became blurry with tears.

                TOP lowered his head, "She was bitten...and I put her out of her misery. I'm so sorry, Donghae," the Super Junior member saw the looks of shock on his friends' faces, "If I had only gotten there sooner, maybe..."

                Tears gushed out of his eyes as the sobbing began. He held his chest as it burned in pain, and he stumbled around blindly. Several hands reached out to catch him, but they were too late. Donghae's eyes rolled to the back of his head and his knees gave out. The entertainer fell unconscious in the middle of the foyer.

_________________________________________

 

                  No one ate dinner that night.

                The sun went down, and all everyone retired to their rooms while engaging in little conversation.

                They had convinced TOP to sleep over, just for the night at least, saying that they needed him to stay and help watch over things. He gladly accepted, and drove over to G-Dragon's place to grab a few things before setting up in the master bedroom downstairs.

                "What a day," Amber muttered to herself as she laid down in her bed, "Never thought any of it would happen, though."

                "Did you know her?" Hana asked her roommate as she settled under her own covers.

                "Mrs. Lee? Yeah, I've met her a few times at concerts and stuff," she chuckled at a distant memory, "She would always purposely embarrass Donghae whenever people were around. He always complained, but I know he loved it just because she was there," Amber smiled to herself, "She was just so nice. After every SMTOWN performance, she would give every f(x) member a bouquet of flowers. I'm just sorry I wasn't able to say goodbye."

                "I can't begin to imagine how Donghae must feel," Hana said.

                Amber sighed, "He's an orphan now. Hell, we might all be, but he's the only one that knows for sure now."

                Hana's throat was unbearably dry, "I need some water," she said as she left the room. She made her way down the pitch black hallway, and stopped in her tracks upon reaching the first room in front of the stairs. There was loud sobbing and screaming. Donghae could be heard coughing as he tried to regain his composure, but he failed every time.

                That was all he had done since he woke up a few hours ago.

                 Hana took heavy steps down the staircase, Donghae's meltdown still reaching her ears. As she approached the dark kitchen, she heard a voice that seemed to be in conversation, talking back and forth. She slowly rounded the corner and saw Eunhyuk standing in the refrigerator, the only source of light in the grand space. He laughed as he continued to talk.

                After a moment of looking around, she realized that he was the only one there.

                He heard her footsteps as she entered and he smiled, "Oh, Hana! What brings you here at this hour?"           

                She smiled back awkwardly, "Just getting water," she said as she appraised him. He had changed into a pair of baggy sweats and a loose-fitting T-shirt. He had deep bags under his eyes and was abnormally pale.

                He slouched against the counter, "You hungry? I can make you something now that there's food...so much food," he began to rummage through the now filled cupboards.

                "No, it's okay! I just want water," she said as she opened the fridge.

                "Oh, right. Cooking is Henry's job after all," he laughed again and leaned against the kitchen counter. He suddenly turned to look out into the backyard through the window, "So it’s real," he grabbed a steak knife from the dish rack and inspected it in his hands. He scoffed, "Who would have thought, right?"

                Hana grabbed the bottle of water and steadily backed out of the kitchen, "Goodnight, Eunhyuk."

                He turned to Hana, his smile beginning to fade along with the light of the kitchen as the refrigerator door closed. The darkness was blinding.

                "Goodnight, Hana."

                Almost tripping on the slick marble floors, she ran as fast as she could up the stairs and down the hallway until she made it back to her room. She locked the door behind her, breathing heavily as she squeezed the water bottle.

                The expression on Hana's face made the hair on Amber's arm stand, "Hey, is everything okay?"

                Hana gulped and tried to slow her racing heart, "I'm not really sure."

                "Just go to bed, whatever it is will be better in the morning," Amber turned off her bedside lamp, drenching her in darkness once again.

                Hana stayed up all night awaiting two sounds from down the hall that never came.

                The first was the sound of feet as they walked back up the stairs.

                The second was the opening and closing of the first bedroom door.

         

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

      *Comment and Upvote!*

       <3 <3 <3 Thanks for reading this far haha <3 <3 <3

       Happy Holidays!!!