Chapter 13

Forgotten Idols

                Insanity.

                As much as TOP hated to admit it, it made sense.

                Eunhyuk had been in denial since the beginning and had just been forced to accept the rudest awakening of his life.

                The group had witnessed some of the most horrible sights the world had to offer; one of them was bound to slip through the cracks.

                The two stood a while, Hana observing the rapper's face as she told what she had observed.

                TOP cleared his dry throat, "Are you sure?" his stomach dropped when she nodded. He rested against the edge of the counter and rubbed his face, "Have you told anyone else this?"

                "No," she replied, thinking back to how she almost had the chance to tell Shin earlier that day.

                "Good. Don't."

                "Why not?" she asked.

                "It's best if no one else worries about it. It could be bad if they start treating him different, especially if he notices," TOP said, "For now, I think we should just keep an eye on him, maybe it's nothing too serious and he'll just snap out of whatever it is."

                Hana wasn't sure if someone could just snap out of insanity, especially with the frightening reality of how the world was.

                But she could only hope, right?

                TOP sighed, "Don't stress over it too much though, okay?" he assured, "He won't be a threat to anyone if that's what you were worried about," he forced a small smile, "You've had a long day, you should be exhausted. Go get some rest, we can talk more tomorrow."

                Hana began to back out of the old wine cellar, "Good night," she said, but was stopped before she could make it to the hallway.

                "Hana," TOP called in a low voice that was near a whisper, "We're the only two that have a key to this room, remember? Make sure it stays that way."

                Hana nodded slowly and walked back to her room.

                Once Hana was out of ear-shot, TOP grabbed a box of ammunition and threw it against the nearest wall, making bullets fly and scatter across the floor. He sat on the ground and took a deep breath, hoping that he could handle what the future had in store.

___________________________________________

 

                "Isn't counting a basic skill that you learn in primary school?" Eunhyuk asked, face red in agitation.

                Sehun sighed in exasperation, knowing it was a rhetorical question, "Yeah."

                "Then why the hell can't you do it?!" Eunhyuk exclaimed, cutting the music from the speakers and sitting against the mirror that covered the wall, "The routine isn't that difficult, why are you such a slow learner? God, it's just like SMTOWN all over again!"

                When Eunhyuk told the group the next morning that there was a dance studio in the basement, the dancers were beyond excited. There had been a void in their daily lives since they had been at the mansion. The thought of doing routines for their own pleasure without the stress of an upcoming performance was something that they missed. Sure enough, Kai, Henry, and Sehun jumped at the opportunity.

                But this was not what they had in mind.

                From the way they stretched to the way they counted, Eunhyuk had something to critique. Sure, he was a senior that all of the dancers looked up to and respected, but he was taking this spur of the moment dance practice too seriously.  

                Kai, Sehun and Henry stretched their newly aching limps, "We're going upstairs to use the bathroom," Henry said.

                "Why? There's a bathroom right around the corner," Eunhyuk replied, still sitting on the floor.

                "We know," Kai said before rolling his eyes and leaving the room.

                "Yeah, good idea! Take five, good work!" the blue haired dancer could be heard yelling.

                "Why did we agree to do this?" Sehun asked once they were further down the hall.

                "It sounded fun at the time," Henry said.

                The three of them climbed the spiral staircase with much effort, breathing heavily as they tried to reach the top. They eventually entered the foyer, planning to hide around different places in the house until Eunhyuk attempted to find them.

                But as they began to disperse, TOP walked into the foyer, "I was just about to go down and get you three. Come on, we're having a meeting," he said, waving them in the direction of the dining room.

                "Wait, don't we need to get Eunhyuk?" Henry asked.

                TOP shook his head, "Don't worry about him."

                "Gladly," Kai muttered.

                TOP led the sweaty boys to the dining room where everyone except Donghae and Eunhyuk had been gathered to sit.

                TOP sat at the head of the table, "So you all might believe that we're safe as long as we stay here, but that's not realistic. We're eventually going to need to go out again to get supplies, but if you haven't noticed, there are man-eating freaks on the other side of that wall," he said, "So the question is, what should we do about it?"

                Everyone looked at each other, wondering if anyone knew the answer.

                "What we do is man up and fight," TOP reached under the table and placed an AR-15 on top of the flat wooden surface. Nearly everyone jerked back upon seeing the weapon, "Today we're going to do some gun training."

                Momentary silence was followed by an outburst of panicked questions.

                "Calm down! It won't be anything too serious, just Hana and I teaching you all how to use them without pissing yourself like you're doing right now," TOP said, "You guys did a pretty good job at hand to hand combat the other day, but being able to shoot could be the difference between you living and dying."

                "I think its a good idea," said Amber, "I'm up for it."

                TOP nodded in approval, "Good, everyone get ready, we're going now."

                There was a collective gasp from the group, "What?! Why so soon?!" Kai demanded.

                TOP raised an eyebrow, "Do you have anything better to do right now?"

                Kai thought back to the hell in the basement's dance studio, and rose in defeat as he and the others went upstairs to change.                                                                  

                As the young adults left, TOP kept Henry behind, "I need you to do something for me," he said.

                "Sure, what is it?"

                "Can you stay behind and keep an eye on Donghae and Eunhyuk for me?"

                Henry sighed, not thrilled at the idea of babysitting while everyone else got to leave, "I kind of understand Donghae, but why Eunhyuk? Can't they just keep each other company?"

                "You know those two better than anyone here. I need you to tell me if Eunhyuk does anything out of the ordinary."

                "Like what?"

                "I can't explain it, just anything that's unlike him."

                Still confused, Henry agreed (not like he had a choice), and sulked as he left the room.

 

                After several minutes had passed, the group was ready and pooled into the foyer. As they entered the garage to get into the cars, the basement door swung open.

                "I said five not fifteen!" Eunhyuk said, stopping in his tracks as he saw the group crowded around the exit, "Where are you going?"

                TOP spoke up before anyone else could, "We're just going to check out the perimeter, make sure everything is safe."

                "Really? Hold on, let me change my shirt and I'll be ready too," he said, but TOP stopped him before he could reach the stairs.

                 "No, don't worry about it! You seem to be enjoying dance practice so much, I don't want to stop you. As a matter of fact, Henry was just about to go back down and start practice again with you," he said. Henry sighed heavily and Kai and Sehun snickered in the back, "We'll be back in a few minutes, you can come next time."

                "Oh...okay," Eunhyuk said, a little suspicious. Henry reluctantly pulled him back to the basement as his eyes were trained on the group as they went to the garage.

                The eight of them separated and piled into the Jeep and pickup truck, driving off of the Super Junior property and out of the Hallyu Village.

                "Why didn't you tell Eunhyuk where we were going?" Chen asked from the passenger seat of the Jeep as they began their drive.

                "It was just better for him not to know," TOP answered, keeping his eyes on the road without a further explanation. Chen didn't ask for one either.      

                The group followed TOP's lead, having no idea where he was taking them to practice shooting. About twenty miles down the road, the forest thinned a bit and they entered a more public area covered in beautiful lakes and mountains in the distance. They neared a terrain covered with grass as far as the eye could see.

                TOP drove through an open gate off the road and parked in a lot. Next to them, a sign read 'Lakeview Country Club: Golf and Spa Resort'.

                They got out of the car wearing looks of confusion and amazement.

                "What made you chose here?" asked Amber as she took in the upscale location.

                TOP shrugged, grabbing his duffle bags from the trunk, "I've been here a few times and it was the first place that came to mind. I'd say it's perfect."

                They followed him through the parking lot and across the perfectly manicured grass of the golf course. They stopped in front of the forest that surrounded the field, and TOP dropped his bags on the floor.  He pulled a few guns from the bag and placed them in the stiff hands of the idols. They stood frozen, many looking at the weapons in their palms in rigid fear.

                TOP adjusted their grips and went through safety precautions ("Just don't shoot each other") before pointing to the trees in front of them that surrounded the course, "Pick one and try to aim for the bark." he instructed simply.

                The idols reluctantly pulled their triggers at the same time. The sound was deafening and shells scattered on the ground as the bark was carved by bullets.  They momentarily stopped to assess the damage, satisfied that they had at least hit the trees.

                TOP and Hana nodded in approval, walking behind the group and giving critiques when needed. When Hana got to Shin, she saw his look of discouragement. She noticed that the tree in front of him had considerably less hits than the rest, and she walked to his side.

                "Try holding it like this," she said, moving his arms to a less awkward position, "You're too stiff, try to relax."

                She stepped back and watched as Shin tried again, this time nailing the tree with three rounds in a row.

                Shin smiled back at her in thanks.

                Hana's attention wandered over to the beautifully peaceful landscape; the background noise of flying bullets behind her contrasting wildly. As she looked far across the grass, she saw movement about a fifty yards away. It took her a moment to notice the staggering walks of the few figures coming their way to realize the threat.

                "Hey!" she called over the gunfire. Everyone came to a screeching halt and TOP walked over to her side to see the problem.

                He quickly assessed the situation and turned back to the idols holding the guns, "Okay, who wants to take them?"

                "What?" they asked.

                "Those three walking this way, who wants to take them out?"

                Amber stepped forward and brought her gun up into shooting position, "I will," she volunteered. TOP stepped aside to give her a clear shot. They were about thirty yards away by this point, and Amber took a deep breath before pulling the trigger of her assault rifle, the recoil making her take a step back. She watched as after several shots, two of the three reanimated corpses fell to the ground unmoving; though the last one still came in her direction, limping along in determination even after getting multiple shots to the body.              

                The on looking idols cheered in support as she reloaded and aimed the weapon at the monster's head. As she prepared to take the perfect shot, a smile playing on her lips, the gun didn't go off as she expected. Instead, it made a clicking noise, and the weapon refused to fire.

                "What's going on?" Amber asked, panic rising as the monster approached.

                "Oh, it must be jammed. It's okay, just clear it," TOP instructed coolly.

                Amber's eyes rounded in horror, "How?!" looking up, she saw the zombie just a few feet away, "Aren't you going to help?!"

                "No you've got it," TOP insisted, backing away as the zombie moved closer.

                "Wait, you're kidding, right?!" she asked in disbelief that he was leaving her in this situation without any help. She shook the gun in a last ditch effort to clear the jam before giving up completely. Once the zombie was arm’s length away, she lunged forward and swung the gun like a bat, hearing the crack of its skull as it made contact. It fell onto the floor, still growling as it tried to get up. Amber raised the gun high above her, and with a grunt, smashed the of the gun into its head, turning the grass around them into a vibrant shade of red.

                The idols gasped and held their mouths as Amber got up from the ground, leaving the gun next to the body as she wiped her hands on her pants, "You happy?" she asked in aggravation.

                TOP smirked, "You got the job done, didn't you?"

                Amber looked back at her work and it finally sunk in. She had taken down three zombies completely on her own. She walked back to the group, hiding the proud smirk that threatened to show.

                "I think we did a good job today, we can go back to the car now," TOP said, leading the way back to the lot. As they approached their vehicles, he noticed a building at the top of a hill not too far away, "Maybe the country club has something useful."

                "Or not, and we can just go back home now," Kai said, climbing into the bed of the pickup truck.

                "You can stay if you want," said TOP, handing him a pistol for protection, "Just be careful out here," Sehun and Chen decided to stay behind while Hana, Shin, Amber, and Chanyeol followed TOP inside the club house.

                When they walked up the hill and through the front door, it was eerily dark. From the upscale design and style of the place, it was apparent that it was once frequented by the wealthy. There were chandeliers hanging from high ceilings and long vacant hallways. Some things were overturned, indicating that something major had gone wrong at the golf resort not long ago.

                As they explored, looking for anything of value, low growls and moans could be heard close by. The group kept a tight form as they went along. They approached a room where the noise was coming from. TOP peaked inside and immediately flattened his back against the wall after doing so.

                "There's about a dozen in there," he whispered. Upon hearing the number, everyone's heart rate sped up, "We need a distraction to get past."

                Shin saw a vase on the table next to him and handed it to the dark-haired rapper, "Could this help?"

                A lightbulb went off in TOP's head. He grabbed the porcelain vase and chucked it into the room, making it fly into a trophy case and causing the glass to shatter and fall onto the carpeted floor. The zombies turned away from the door and walked curiously over to the trophy case.

                "Go, go, go!" TOP waved them forward as they ran past the door.

                They walked along quickly, silently marveling that the plan had worked. But their soundless steps were interrupted by a piercing scream at the end of the hallway. The sudden nature of it made everyone question if it was real, but then they heard it again. A sound that made their blood chill and hair stand on end.

                They then realized that they were not the only ones who had heard the startling sound.

                 Bodies flooded from the room, walking into the same hallway as the idols, as if to check out the source of the noise for themselves. Their pace quickened and their groans grew more purposeful as they laid eyes on the five young adults standing a few feet away.

                "We need to leave, now!" TOP said, quickly backing away from the approaching hungry group.

                "We can't they're blocking the exits!" shouted Shin. The flow of zombies from the room was continuous, seemingly never ending.

                "We all heard that scream, someone else is here! We need to go help!" Chanyeol said.

                TOP's moral compass was flickering. Should he focus on the group's survival or the potential demise of a stranger?

                Another scream resounded over the mischief.

                The group began a backwards jog down the hallway, away from the approaching herd but closer to the still wailing female voice, "Come on!" he said, breaking into a run and leading the group through the halls toward the noise, the herd of zombies on their trail.

                 They followed the wails until they made it to a dining hall filled with clothed tables covered with fine silverware. Chanyeol and Amber immediately closed the door behind them and pushed their weight against it as a barricade. The door began to shake as bodies pushed from the other side, and the two idols pushed back with as much strength as they could muster to keep it shut.

                Between the tables was a pair of flailing legs, the upper part of their body hidden. On top of the kicking and screaming figure was a growling monster as it tried to bite into the meal that was fighting it back. Suddenly, the screams climbed in desperation as they began to lose the strength in their arms, "I shouldn’t have done it! I'm so sorry! Stop! Don't do this, it's me!" they cried.

                The corpse grabbed a handful of long brown hair and pulled itself closer.      

                The group ran forward to help, TOP dragging the zombie off of the girl by the collar while Shin pulled her frozen form away by the waist. TOP aimed his rifle down and fired a round into its head to finish the job.

                The girl sat motionless, leaning into Shin's chest for support as she labored for breath. Her hair fell in waves that covered nearly every inch of her face.

                TOP walked away from the stilled body on the floor, "Are you okay?" he asked, crouching down before the girl.

                She let out a breathy gasp through her veil of hair. Ever so slowly, she tucked it behind her ear, exposing a pair of wide eyes, "Choi Seunghyun?"

                TOP felt a strong urge to laugh, unable to process the coincidence happening before him, "Lee Jieun?!" he asked as he took in the unmistakable face.

                IU broke into a smile, her face glowing with angelic innocence. She looked around the room and saw the three familiar faces she recognized, "You're here! Oh my God, you're really here!" tears began to well up in happiness as the shock of it all took over, "But how did you find me?"

                "We were just looking around the country club when we heard your scream, so we came to help. It looks like we came just in time actually," TOP said, motioning back to what was left of the monster behind him.

                IU craned her neck in curiosity to see what he was referring to and immediately wished she hadn't. Upon instinct, she squealed and buried her face into Shin's shirt, making the boy blush furiously, "He's dead!"

                "Well," Shin said, confused, "Isn't that the point?"

                IU shook her head, "He was my manager."

                "Oh...I'm so sorry-" he began to apologize.

                "Guys!" Amber yelled, causing everyone to look toward the door. The herd of zombies had managed to reach their arms through the crack of the door. Amber and Chanyeol's faces were red as they struggled to keep it closed. Chanyeol put as much effort as he could into slamming the door and ended up breaking several of the zombies' arms against the frame.

                "We can't hold it much longer!" Chanyeol shouted.

                In the end, the deadly group ended up overpowering the two, pushing the doors open as the idols backed away. The zombies had nearly tripled in numbers, rushing into the room and closing the distance between them and the startled stars.

                Shin helped IU to her feet and everyone realized the dilemma; there were too many blocking the door to go leave.

                TOP and Hana began to shoot them down, filling the room with flying bullets and the floor with collapsing bodies. Shin saw a golf club on a nearby counter. He grabbed the metal handle tight, and held it at the ready, "Watch out!" he said before swinging and shattering the glass of a nearby window. Everyone gratefully climbed through it, sprinting down the hill and back to the cars in the lot.

                  "What the hell?" asked Kai as the group ran towards him; IU jumped into the truck bed next to him and his mouth rounded in shock. He saw several zombies fall through the window and limp down the hill towards them, "Drive! Drive! Drive!" he shouted as Chanyeol jumped into the driver's seat, following TOP out of the parking lot and away from the golf resort.

                Even when they were on the main road, staggering figures could be seen trying to follow behind.

_______________________________________________

 

                 Henry inhaled mouthfuls of air as he trudged up the staircase, every part of his body aching miserably. He must have gone through the same routine a hundred times non-stop. Intense dance practices weren't something new to him, he used to do it nearly every day at the SM studios, but they were never to this caliber. Eunhyuk was relentless in correcting technique and precision and Henry had to stop himself whenever he felt like telling him off.

                "Hey, nice job today. We'll go at it again tomorrow, okay?" Eunhyuk said cheerily as he patted Henry's back. It was odd how his senior had just been screaming at him for doing the wrong turn a few moment before, and now smiled like none of it had ever happened. As they entered the foyer, car doors could be heard slamming in the garage, "They're back!" he said as he went to open the door.

                Everyone was exiting the cars when he walked in, "How did it go? Is the perimeter safe? Did you find something?" he asked.

                "We did actually...more like someone," TOP said.

                IU jumped from out of the truck's bed and onto the concrete. Walking from behind the vehicle, she made herself visible to the blue-haired dancer.

                The two locked eyes.

                "Jieun?!" Henry shouted in disbelief, gaining new energy, "No way! This is amazing!"

                "We couldn't believe it either," Chanyeol said.

                "This is great! Come inside so we can talk!" he said before he scurried to the kitchen to make dinner.

                The group walked back into the house, leaving IU and Eunhyuk standing alone in the spacious garage.

                "You’re alive," he said with a smile, walking towards her. He put out his hand to caress her face, "I was worried about you...I'm so glad you're okay-"

                Before he could lay a hand on her, she brushed past him and went into the house without saying a word; leaving him dumbfounded and confused.

 

 

                "So how did you end up in a golf resort of all places?" asked Henry.

                The group (minus Donghae who was still holed up in his room) sat around the dining room table having cheerful conversation. The mood then contrasted immensely in comparison to what it had just been a few days before. The boys smiled brightly at IU, laughing at everything she said, offering her food off of their plate, and staring in trance-like admiration.

                "Well," she began, "I was filming a CF there to promote the golf course, and then everything went awry."

                "What do you mean?" Sehun asked, eyes shining in wonder.

                "We were about to begin the shoot when everyone suddenly started screaming. The production crew was running around the place like crazy and my manager and I had no idea what to do. Some crazy people came in and started biting and scratching the crew like rabid dogs. My manager rushed me to the dining hall and he told me to go into the kitchen. He said that he was going to go look for help and said to stay put no matter what happened. I asked him not to go, but he closed me in the kitchen and left. But a few seconds later...I...I" all of the boys leaned against the table, hanging on every word she said in anticipation except for TOP, who sat casually and continued to eat. Next to Hana, Shin sat star struck like the other males at the table, practically drooling on himself. Hana looked to her other side and noticed Amber scoff under her breath as she shoveled food into .

                "I heard him scream. I looked through the small window of the door and I saw him being eaten limb by limb. It took everything I had to not go out and save him," she said remorsefully, shaking her head at the memory, "For three days after it happened, I sat alone in the kitchen trying to find the right time to escape. But whenever I did, I would hear them coming and I would have to hide again. Today, I hadn't heard them for a while so I tried to leave...but when I exited the kitchen, someone grabbed my arm...it was Changwoo, my manager, but he had turned" she said, wiping her damp eyes on the sleeve of her athletic jacket.

                Seven arms reached out to hand her a handkerchief.

                "You're amazing," Eunhyuk said with a smile; IU paid the comment no mind, not even sparing the dancer a glance.

                "You know what? This calls for a celebration!" Henry reached into an alcohol filled cupboard and poured soju into everyone's glasses, "Cheers to our survival!" he shouted as everyone raised their glasses.

                "And to finding Jieun!" Chen added, getting a smile from her.

                "Thank you all so much," she said sweetly.

                During the toast, IU was aware of Eunhyuk's eyes boring into her face the entire time.

_______________________________________________

               

                After the meal, Hana went back to her room to turn in for the night. Upon entering, she noticed Amber angrily muttering to herself as she folded clothes, "Not only do I have to worry about my own imminent death, but now I have to deal with that," she said.

                Hana walked to her side of the room in confusion, "Is everything okay?" she asked.

                "Yeah, sure, just more drama that's all."

                 "What do you mean?"

                Amber slammed her clothes on the bed and turned to the tall, long-haired girl, "What you saw at the table just a few minutes ago was a complete front."

                "From who? IU?" Hana asked, unintentionally using her stage name.

                Amber sneered, "IU? You must know her from her public persona. But don't be fooled."

                Hana thought of all the magazine spreads, interviews, and performances she had seen of the girl. She couldn't picture anything different than her cute aegyo image, "But she seems so nice."

                "Ha! Of course, that's why it’s called a front. Every girl in the entertainment industry knows its true, but it doesn’t matter to the boys, they'll wait on her hand and foot no matter how fake she is."

                "Sounds like someone's jealous," Hana joked.

                Amber burst into laughter, taking Hana off guard, "I have nothing to be jealous of. I would never want to be that rude, manipulative, conniving snake."

                Hana cringed at the harsh words.

                Amber smirked as she remembered something, "Do you want to hear some gossip?" Hana moved closer and leaned in as Amber lowered her voice, "It was rumored that her and Eunhyuk used to be a couple."

                Hana's face mirrored the shock she felt. She didn't understand how those two would have ever been together.

                "Everyone used to speculate, especially after a picture of them together leaked on the internet a while ago. The rumors died down, but a few weeks ago Eunhyuk left his phone laying in one of the recording studios. So being me, I did some investigating and went through his text messages. And let me tell you, I found some pretty steamy conversations between those two. Definitely something worthy of tarnishing that bull Nation's Little Sister image of hers."

                Hana looked at her roommate in disbelief as she processed this information. It was like she was a child on Christmas Eve and her parents were telling her that Santa Clause wasn't real, "Seriously?"

                "Bet you won't read that in the tabloids. But who knows, she probably moved on to some other poor guy since then," Amber said. She went over to her bed and put her hands behind her head in relaxation, "You know what that means right?"

                Hana shook her head, perplexed.

                "Now that they're in the same house, things are going to get very interesting around here."

_______________________________________________

 

               The bathroom was hot and muggy as the mist from the hot shower overtook the tight space. IU opened the bathroom door, letting the thick, foggy air flood into her bedroom. Her body was wrapped in a single towel and her damp hair splayed across her shoulders in grand waves.

                After dinner, Henry did the honors of showing her to her own room on the first floor. It was nice in size (not nearly as big as TOP's, though his room was only a few doors down) and had a modern light fixtures hanging from the ceiling, a wall that was entirely glass, and steps that led up to a queen sized bed.

                It couldn't have gotten any better.

                IU reached into her drawers to get a change of clothes when she heard a light noise behind her. Turning around, she saw Eunhyuk standing with his arms folded, smirking as he leaned on her door frame.

                "Go away," she said, turning her back to him and continuing to rummage through the clothes.

                "Shouldn't you be kinder to your host?" he said, his words slurred.

                Her face scrunched up in disgust, "Are you drunk?"

                He chuckled, "I might be," he walked into the room a little unbalanced, roaming around the space and moving closer to the singer, "What was that about at dinner?"

                "I don't know what you're talking about."

                "Oh, you know. Those fake laughs, that sweet, helpless voice, the exaggerated doe-eyes. You were putting it on extra thick tonight, huh? But I'm the only one that knows the real you here."

                She turned to him when she heard his approaching footsteps, "What do you want?"

                "I just want to talk."

                "There's nothing to talk about," she spared him a glance before walking away from the drawers.    

                 He followed closely behind, "I want to talk about us."

                "Us?" she scoffed, "There was never an "us”. We were never together."

                "Then what do you call the phone conversations? The text messages? The secret dates? Those nights when I would come over to your place-"

                "Oh, shut up!"

                He was taken aback by the aggressiveness in her tone, a stark contrast to what he had seen earlier, "Don't forget that you're the one that approached me first and started all of this."

                "What did I start, Eunhyuk? A temporary fling? Well it's over now."

                "Oh, Jieun, this is more than a fling, this is love!" he shouted, his eyes radiating with a crazed and obsessive shine.

                She faced him full on, the last word ringing in her head like an alarm, "After those pictures of us leaked my management advised me to stay far away from you or else it would ruin my reputation. Not that I mattered to me, to be honest I was getting tired of you," she put a finger up, getting close to his face to make sure her message was clear, "But let's get this straight- I approached you because I thought you would be fun to toy with, and it was. I never loved you."

                He stared into her eyes for a long time before lunging forward, crashing his lips onto hers. He tangled his hands in her wet locks, gripping her lower back and pulling her closer. She put her hands to his chest and tried to push him away, but his grip was too strong. She suddenly felt her towel loosen from behind and her eyes opened in shock as she tried to keep herself covered.

                "Get off!" she shouted.

                "It's nothing I haven't seen before," he said.

                In their struggle, the two fell back wards onto the steps leading up to the bed. His hands gripped her thighs and his hot breath reeked of alcohol. After a few more moments on the steps, IU managed to free her knee and ram it into Eunhyuk's crotch. He kneeled over in a groaning heap as he tried to regain his composure.

                IU secured the towel around her and stood up. She kicked Eunhyuk in the gut, making him turn over again as he gripped his stomach. He crawled away as IU chased him out the door. She yelled, "In case you didn't hear me the first time, I never liked you, loved you, or cared about you. Get that through your thick skull you crazy, worthless jerk!"           

                On all fours, he made it to the salvation of the hallway. IU stood above him, looking down at the dancer in utter contempt, "Never come back to my room again," she said before slamming the door, shrouding him and the silent hallway in darkness.

 

  ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Oooooh, so the drama begins...

So what are your thoughts on the story so far? What do you think about the characters (especially with this new conflict)? 

I'm curious to know your opinions!