Just Jonghyun (Epilogue)

Just Jonghyun

"...there has never been anything false about hope."

-Barack Obama

I've always found this quote, from a speech by the American President Barack Obama, quite inspirational. I think that it ties in quite nicely with the general idea of my "Just Jonghyun" story and I find it an encouraging statement to keep in mind when one is experiencing hardships. Hopefully it might help any of you who need a comforting word ^^ 

I don't mean this to be a political statement of any kind ^^' I just really like this quote and the President seems like a decent and intelligent man :) 

 

"Make sure that she gets plenty of rest and drinks plenty of fluids. There's nothing to worry about; I think there's a flu going around at the kindergarten schools. I've already seen four children today with the exact same symptoms," Jonghyun smiled, having tended to his last patient for the day, who was, coincidentally, Kangin and Heechul's adopted daughter.

"Oh that's good," Heechul smiled, wrapping his arms around his child as she climbed onto her "mummy's" lap.

Jonghyun printed off a prescription for some medication to ease the young girl's cough and congestion, then handed it to her adoptive father. 

"That lab coat really fits you," Kangin smiled at his friend, taking the prescription.

Jonghyun smiled back, following the little family out of the examination room and out to the main area. As much as he loved his job as a family physician, he was always glad when he finished a long, hard day of work and could return home to his Minho.

"So how's the academy been?" Jonghyun asked his friends, as he hung his white lab jacket on a peg on the wall.

After having played professional soccer for a couple of years, Kangin and Heechul, along with Sungmin, had opened a soccer academy for prospective players. Heechul had retired from professional sport, first, wanting to raise their daughter, and Kangin had soon joined him.

"Awesome! We've been getting a lot of student applications," Heechul answered, momentarily putting his child down, so that he could put on his jacket.

"...Mummy, I want my rabbit..."

"Daddy has it," Heechul said, kneeling down to zip up his daughter's coat.

"We're actually thinking of expanding it," Kangin elaborated, handing her the stuffed toy rabbit that he had been holding for the past half hour. "And Siwon was thinking of joining us for the coaching after he finishes this year with the national team."

"Have you heard anything from Kibum and Leeteuk?" Heechul asked Jonghyun, as he made his routine checks about the waiting area, making sure that everything was in place before leaving work. Normally, Jinki, with whom Jonghyun had opened their shared practice, would be around to help him with their duties, but he and Ryeowook had recently left for a two week 'honey-moon' vacation to Ireland.

"Yeah, actually, Kibum said he's trying to learn French. He wants to be able to publish his articles in the local newspapers," Jonghyun supplied. Kibum had sent him an e-mail, only the previous day, complaining about how even Leeteuk knew more French than he did.

Leeteuk had been traded off to a French soccer team and Kibum, who had become a journalist (and was particularly well-known for his "advice" columns) had, of course, followed his lover to the new country.

With Kibum's talent for learning languages, however, no one doubted that he would be offering advice to the people of France, sooner than later.

"I heard that Shindong's playing for Manchester United," Jonghyun said, as he replaced a pen on the reception desk.

"Yeah," Kangin confirmed. "Actually, Manchester will be playing against Leeteuk's team, next week. It should be interesting," he chuckled.

Heechul giggled and Jonghyun laughed. He knew that both would be putting in maximum effort during the match, but that friendship always came first- there was no doubt that Leeteuk and Kibum would meet with Shindong later in the evening, for dinner. Jonghyun wondered what the public reaction would be, to see the two players from opposing teams re-kindling their friendship.

"We're going to see if we can get Shindong to come out and do some 'guest' coaching," Heechul added. "He's the best goalie we ever had."

Kangin nodded in agreement. "And Hangeng was recently recruited by China's national squad."

"His parents must be happy to have him back home...but Yesung must be upset," Jonghyun said, knowing that Hankyung and Yesung had recently become romantically involved.

"Actually, Yesung's been recruited, too," Kangin filled in.

"Hangeng would have never accepted the offer if he had to leave Yesung behind," Heechul said, shifting his now sleeping child on his hip.

"That's true," Jonghyun nodded, exchanging his clean, indoor loafers for his usual pair of sneakers. "How about Kyuhyun...has he found anyone, yet?" Jonghyun asked, curious. Kyuhyun never seemed to have much luck with love. The few "almost boyfriends" that he had had either not been interested in him romantically, or had ended things even before their first kiss.

"Finally he has," Heechul smiled. He was almost as bad about relationship gossip as Kibum. "A guy named Jiyong, but he calls himself G-Dragon. You might have heard of him, he's a pretty well-known interior designer and they're soo sweet together," Heechul drawled dreamily, reminding Jonghyun almost chillingly of Kibum.

"He's been going on about them for weeks," Kangin said, quietly, to Jonghyun, when Heechul turned his attention to their stirring daughter, for a moment.

Jonghyun chuckled, happy to receive the updates on his friends.

Then, he remembered something.

"Yesterday, when Minho and I were doing our grocery shopping, I saw jars of pasta sauce made by "Eunhae's kitchen"..." he started, recalling the glass jars of alfredo sauce and tomato pastes in the 'featured' section of the store.

Kangin smiled and Heechul snorted.

"I guess your old job at the café rubbed off on them," Kangin explained. "They chose to go to culinary school instead and they're actually going to have a cooking show set to be broadcasted in about a month..."

"Eunhyuk looks like a marshmallow in their promotional pictures," Heechul interjected, unable to keep his laughter to himself. "Donghae looks fine, but Eunhyuk really shouldn't wear one of those chef's hats. It's really not flattering..."

Jonghyun couldn't help but laugh, as well. He and Minho had indeed purchased a few cans of sauce- Jonghyun, because he wanted to try his friends' unlikely creation, and Minho because he simply couldn't stop poking fun at his former team mates almost ridiculous appearance in his chef's get up.

"At least Donghae won't make fun of him," Jonghyun smiled, thinking of the two lovers and their new career in the kitchen.

They headed out to the parking lot, the crisp autumn breeze greeting them.

"Oh, would you be able to give this to Taemin?" Heechul asked, passing his daughter to her father and pulling out a pamphlet from his purse.

"Yeah, sure," Jonghyun smiled, taking the pamphlet. He didn't have to look at it to know that it was from the adoption center from which Heechul and Kangin had adopted their girl. Henry and Taemin, who were working as a forward on Korea's national soccer team and as the new manager of Café Expresso Yourself Under the Sunset Ciel, respectively, were interested in adopting their own child. 

"We'll see you around, then," Kangin and Heechul smiled at their long-time friend.

"Definitely," Jonghyun smiled back.

"Say 'hi' to Minho for us!" Heechul said, as he and Kangin made their way to their vehicle.

Jonghyun waved at the couple, until they drove out of the lot, then turned around when, a few minutes later, a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist.

"How was your day, baby?" Minho smiled at his partner, having come to pick him up from work.

"Tiring," Jonghyun said, truthfully, snuggling into Minho's neck. "But I'm happy," he looked up and smiled.

"Good," Minho kissed Jonghyun, holding him close.

"How was yours?" Jonghyun inquired, as they got into Minho's car.

"Productive," Minho grinned. "I think we've found some really talented players and I'd love to see them together on a team..."

Minho was now in charge of managing professional soccer teams, and scouting new talent. He had decided to take a job that would allow him to be close to his precious Jjongie, who, because of his medical practice, didn't really have as much mobile luxury as Kibum.

"Donghae and Eunhyuk are going to have their own cooking show," Jonghyun shared, as Minho put the vehicle in ignition.

Minho was unable to contain a laugh.

"Eunhyuk better not wear that hat..."

They sat in the car for a few minutes, letting the engine warm up.

"What is it?" Jonghyun asked, when he noticed that Minho had been looking at him the entire time. "Do I have something on my face...?"

He was cut off as Minho leaned over and kissed him soundly.

"I love you," he said, when they broke off.

Jonghyun smiled, feeling his face heat up. Even though they'd been together for years, now, Minho's intimate gestures always made his heart race.

"I love you, too," Jonghyun answered, before they shared another quick kiss. Then, Minho readjusted his seat-belt, and backed out of the parking space.

"What do you want for dinner tonight?" He asked Jonghyun, as they drove on the main road.

Jonghyun giggled.

"I think we should have some pasta..."

Note:   

Ladies and gentlemen, the final chapter of "Just Jonghyun"! And I can't believe it ended with a line about pasta...

Thank you so much to everyone who read, commented and subscribed ^^ This is my biggest accomplishment on AFF so far, and I feel priviledged that you could all take part in it ^_^ Your suggestions, support and well-wishes for this story as well as in real-life situations brightened my days ^^ It's a fabulous feeling to be able to start the day with a bunch of wonderful comments and messages ^_^

I hope that this story has and will continue to be as much of a tool for you all to remember to take pride in who you are, to cherish your true friends, to remember to keep hopeful and positive in tough situations and if it needs to be, an escape when things get rough and a reminder to always hope that it will get better ^^

bbjehmz , you expressed quite a liking for Eunhae, back when I put the poll up...hopefully this will satisfy your craving ^^

I'm not going to say anything like a farewell message, because this isn't goodbye! ^^ I have two chaptered stories coming up!!! (Although after September 7th, when I start university, updates will be infrequent ^^')

Why?   This will be a mystery story involving Jaejoong x Jonghyun and... Jack the Ripper?! It will take place in Victorian England, during the Ripper murders (Jong and Jae are 2 journalists hoping to crack the case) and hopefully you'll join me in learning a few historical facts! This will be a rated story, not for "very romantic" relations between our two heroes, but because murder will be discussed, as well as brothels, and mentions of the heinous racism that thrived at the time.

If that is not the story for you, then...

Changmin x Taemin might appeal to you? That won't be the story's title (I still have to think of one^^') but that one will not be rated. I hope to use it as a tool to write about my own frustrations/university experiences etc. while making a decent story ^^ I haven't posted that one yet, but I will, as soon as I think of a fitting title :)

Just a heads up- I will be away from August 25th to September 2nd- Canada, here I come!! ^^ I'm assuming it will take roughly a week for me to get set up and have my internet and all. But in the mean time, I'll be writing new chapters for my above mentioned stories on paper, so I should have plenty of new material to update until university starts :)

Oh, and I haven't forgotten about my Jae Wook x Jun Ki oneshot- I've just been focusing more on Jongho ^_^
 

Once again, thank you, all, for reading my stories. It's truly a marvelous thing to type up stories that you made up in your head and see such a positive response. I appreciate each and every one of your reads :)

Hope to see you over on my new stories! (Now, I've got to start watching 'Jack the Ripper' documentaries on YouTube to get in the zone ^^)

x Angela