Just Jonghyun

Just Jonghyun

Minho was hoping that his usual moring run would help him clear his mind and muddle through his thoughts. Usually, it did. Whenever he was worried about an upcoming match, or anything else at all, an hour long run helped him to put his situation in perspective. Only this time, he wasn't really worried about anything, necessarily; he was actually feeling quite confused...

About his feelings for Jonghyun.

With each passing day, Jonghyun seemed more and more alluring to Minho. Often times, when Jonghyun was speaking, Minho would find himself staring at his friend's pink, plush lips, with an increasing desire to claim them with his own.

It wasn't the fact that he was attracted to another man that confused Minho- he was of the belief that one fell in love with a single person, not a group of men, or women. What he was rather conflicted by was that it was Jonghyun that he had feelings for.

How could he possibly know if Jonghyun felt the same way? Supposing he were to confess, and Jonghyun felt offended? Minho didn't want Jonghyun to move out- he couldn't afford to, in his financial state, and Minho didn't want him to put himself at risk again. Jonghyun seemed to have only just begun to trust others when it came to his personal problems. There was no way that he could put Jonghyun's well-being on the line simply because he had a crush.

But it was truly quite horrible to have to keep his longing for Jonghyun to himself. Frequent were the times when he would secretly watch Jonghyun, whether at their apartment or at his love interest's work, and wishing that he could reach out and hold him, in a way that was more meaningful than a simple friendship embrace.

He wanted to hold Jonghyun as if they were lovers.

Minho sighed, speeding up the pace of his run. He really had to get Jonghyun out of his mind.

-----

Minho might have been comforted to know that, back at his apartment, Jonghyun was also trying to sort through his own feelings for Minho. While Minho was confused, Jonghyun was absolutely clear on the fact that he loved Minho, far more than a friend should.

And he wanted Minho to know about hislove for him.

Only, Jonghyun was afraid to tell the handsome soccer captain. What if Minho rejected him? Or what if a confession was "over-staying his welcome"? He didn't want to spoil their friendship, yet, he wanted to be more than Minho's friend, very badly.

What was he to do?

Jonghyun sat up in bed and glanced at the digital clock on his bed side table. It was seven-thirty in the morning, meaning that Minho would be out for his morning work out. He couldn't help but to fantasize about he and Minho, spending the morning in the same bed, in each other's arms...

He blushed vividly, clutching the blankets to his chest and was unable to suppress a smile at the thought. Every corner of his lovestruck being longed to be Minho's lover, only, he wasn't sure how he was going to further their relationship or even, if he should. It would be so much easier if he could simply have the courage to take a chance and tell Minho that he loved him. But, he didn't.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Jonghyun got up, ready to prepare himself for the day.

If only he had Minho's love...

 

Note:

Sorry for the short chapter ^^' Next one will be longer- I felt that a brief bit was necessary to explore Jonghyun and Minho's conflicted feelings :)

I have a new story idea fresh in my mind and I'd really like to get it well started before I start university. From then on, I will probably be updating sporadically, if I even get a chance to update at all ^^' My class schedule is pretty busy ^^ That won't be for a while, but I just thought I'd give you all a heads up :)

Anyways, about my new idea...

Taemin will be the main character and I want to pair him with someone who's not in Shinee. I just really like crossovers :) I was thinking maybe Changmin, but I'm not sure, yet. Any suggestions would be welcome ^_^

Thanks for reading! :)

x Angela