Just Jonghyun

Just Jonghyun

Jonghyun was delighted when he awoke, the following morning, in Minho's arms. He felt so warm as he realized that one of his most desired dreams had actually come true. He was Minho's now, and Minho was his.

"Morning, beautiful," Minho smiled, having been awake for roughly an hour, already.

"Good morning," Jonghyun smiled back, snuggling up to Minho. "Don't you have to go for a run?" He suddenly asked, looking at Minho, hoping that he hadn't caused Minho to miss his work out.

"I can skip it today," Minho hugged Jonghyun and kissed his hand. "Besides, I'd rather spend my mornings with you."

Jonghyun curled up against Minho and couldn't help but to giggle like a child.

"What is it?" Minho chuckled, amused at Jonghyun's sudden burst of giggles.

"Nothing...It's just I find it kind of funny that my boyfriend is one of those 'hot soccer players'," Jonghyun explained, sniggering into Minho's neck.

Minho burst into laughter as he thought of a stereotypical, over-rated male triathlete, tanned, lean and in his thirties, running the track while a stand full of admirers envied his spouse.

"Only for you, Jongie," he kissed Jonghyun's forehead.

The two of them lay in bed for a few more minutes, simply enjoying each other's presence in their comfortable silence. Neither could really believe that all it took was one (long-held back) confession to turn all of their fantasies and desires to have a relationship, into reality.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Minho asked Jonghyun after awhile.

"Well...we need to buy some groceries," Jonghyun said, pensively.

Minho was entertained by the fact that, out of all the other activities that he could have chosen, Jonghyun wanted to go grocery shopping. But time spent with Jonghyun, regardless of what it was that they were doing was "money in the bank" for Minho.  

-----

The fact that he was grocery shopping with Minho brought great joy to Jonghyun. It was a seemingly ordinary and mundane task, but that he and Minho were doing a task that so many couples and families did together squeezed his heart warmly.

Minho held a red, plastic shopping basket in one hand and held Jonghyun's hand with the other, like the many other pairs of lovers who had also decided to purchase their groceries that day.

They were just about to turn the corner from the boxed cereal isle into the spice isle, when two very familiar people emerged from the spice isle, not noticing them.

"Minho!" Jonghyun whispered, pulling his boyfriend back into the cereal isle.

"What is it?" Minho asked, curious at Jonghyun's sudden urgency.

"It's Jinki and Ryeowook!" Jonghyun exclaimed, as quietly as he could. "And they were holding hands!" Jonghyun added, very excited.

Despite the fact that they were being rather invasive of their friends' privacy, Jonghyun and Minho crept along, through the aisles of the grocery store, right behind the new couple. Neither of them had ever noticed anything between Jinki and Ryeowook and the two seemed to have become involved in a romantic experience out of the blue.

"Cinnamon or sage?" Ryeowook asked Jinki, wrapping an arm around his waist.

"I think the recipe needs sage..." Jinki said, examining a few bottles of dried herbs. He was completely absorbed in his task of selecting the optimum seasoning, while Ryeowook was absorbed in Jinki.

"We still need pork, olive oil and salt," Jinki listed of, from memory.

"We're out of salt, already?"  Ryeowook asked, astounding.

"Of course! You use so much of it in your cooking!" Jinki chided, slapping Ryeowook's chest, lightly. "We're going to get high blood pressure..."

Ryeowook laughed, intertwining his and Jinki's fingers and kissing him lightly, before they continued through the store.

Minho and Jonghyun hung back, then looked at each other and smiled at their friends' supposed-to-be-private show of intimacy.

"Jinki never mentioned anything about Ryeowook?" Minho asked, quite surprised by this new revelation.

"No," Jonghyun shook his head. "Did Ryeowook?"

"No," Minho answered, then smiled. "I'm glad they're together, though."

Jonghyun nodded in agreement.

They continued on their way, making their purchases, and decided to leave the tender new couple to finish their shopping trip without disturbance. If neither had made mention of their relationship, thusfar, they probably wanted to keep the matter to themselves. Jonghyun intended to ask Jinki about it, however, in a few weeks, if the latter didn't say anything yet. He didn't want his friends to feel as if they had to hide anything from anyone.

Minho and Jonghyun lagged behind, a little, wanting to give Jinki and Ryeowook as much of a chance to get ahead, so that they wouldn't run into each other. Even if they did, however, the two had seemed to be so engrossed in each other that they wouldn't have noticed Minho and Jonghyun, even if they were in the same aisle, walking toward each other.

Rather than going straight to the aisles which contained the items on their shopping list and trying to get the job done as efficiently as possible, Minho and Jonghyun threaded through each aisle, not unlike an elderly couple. It wasn't so much the groceries that they were focused on- rather, it was each other. A trip to the supermarket might have been an extremely unconventional and potentially boring date, but for Minho and Jonghyun, strolling through the narrow aisles was as allowing for reflection as a walk through a park, and making selections from the fresh-packed ready meals in the deli section was as romantic as a late evening dinner in a fancy restaurant.

 

Note:

Yay! Jinki and Ryeowook are together ^^

The next chapter will have more Jongho, and a little bit of Taemin x Henry, Kibum x Leeteuk and Jinki x Ryeowook, then I will post the epilogue and...then "Just Jonghyun" will be completed!!

I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to finish it all off today!

x Angela