chapter 8

Actually, She Is My Wife

"You want me to pick you up at five?" Kyungsoo asked me. I nodded.

"You okay, Yoo Ra?" he asked again. I nodded again.

"Please say something."

"I'm pregnant." I looked at him. He widen his eyes.

"You don't look happy about it." I studied his face. He turned away from me.

"I know you mad at me. It's okay. I understand." I said and get out from the car. He didn't stop me instead he left.

I walked alone. I bumped into Myungsoo. I glared at him.

"Yoo Ra!" he called my name. I ignored him.

"Yoo Ra!"

"I'm sorry." he grabbed my hand. i inhaled deeply. "Go away, please. I'm tired."

"Mom sick...she..."

"Yeah, she asked to leave without me. I totally understand it perfectly, myungsoo. Don't worry, i am fine." I babbled.

"Yoo Ra, I didn't mean to do that to you. I love..."

"Don't say that word if you don't mean it!" I hissed.

"I mean every word. It's true I didn't lie to you I swear to god." he pulled my hand.

"Don't pull my hand just like you pulled her hands before."

He was startled. "What?"

"Don't blame her. I knew about it from the beginning. Even before i was pregnant. i was stupid, really."

"Yoo Ra, whatever she told you it wasn't true. Don't trust her, you knew me better than she knew me. She tried to break us apart."

I was crying. I let out a long sigh. "I can't do this anymore. Pretending in front of everybody that we are stranger! I'm tired with you, you didn't honest with me. I feel like are growing apart each day."

He shook his head. "Yoo Ra, don't do this to me. Don't ask me to let you go. Was it Kyungsoo? He made you change your mind?"

"No, no it wasn't him. It wasn't you, it's me. I'm doubting your feelings since she came."

"Do Yeon is not the one that i love. It's always you even from the beginning." he pleaded. I walked away leaving him alone.

 

It's been a week since we argued. I keep making myself obvious because of the morning sickness. I felt sick every day.

"Yoo Ra, i need the document for the meeting later." Myungsoo appeared at the door. I nodded.

"Yoo Ra, i'm sorry. what can i do for you?"

"Leave me alone. I need a time to think." I walked to the pantry, Chan Yeol was in the pantry.

"Chan Yeol." I muttered his name. he stared at me.

"You alright?" he asked.

"I'm fine, just feeling nausea. I feel queasy in my stomach." I took a cup and pour a hot water into it. I put the cup on the table.

"Can I ask you something? No offense but are you having a relationship with Myungsoo?"

I denied. "No, I didn't. You're crazy."

"this company won't allowed a married couple right? when i want to get married, i quit."

"Really? well, good luck." I washed my hands.

"Chan Yeol, i need your help to fix this machine, it's stuck." I heard someone called for him.

"I'm coming!"

he sighed. "I better go now,"

I nodded and grinned at him. After he left, I vomited. I washed my mouth again and again even I keep vomited again. i took a deep breath, I turn around and saw Do Yeon in front of me.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I come here to warn you."

"Get lost." I said.

"You will regret it. You won't live longer, Yoo Ra."

"You are crazy!" I shouted.

"You'll see..." she said and leaving. I sighed at her attitude, she's frustrating me. I drink the water.

I washed the cup and put it back into the place. I walked to my room.

 

I sit on Myungsoo's right side. The meeting room was big and wide. Myungsoo sit at the center as the CEO. I opened my notebook and write for today's meeting.

"For our meeting today, we'll talk..."

While Myungsoo speaks, my stomach feel different. It was hurt. I hold the pain. I focused on the meeting.

"Our company reached..."

I begin to sweating a lot. Chan Yeol was facing me. He glanced at me. I wiped my sweat pretending it was hot weather.

Then, it became worst. I was trembling. The pain was excruciating. I catch my breath, tried to calm.

When Myungsoo still speaking, I feel something flowing through my legs. It was wet. I looked at my legs, it was blood. The pain becomes more painful and it weaken me. I grunted. Chan Yeol stared at me with worry face. Myungsoo was asking him a question but his eyes turned to me when he saw Chan Yeol didn't pay attention.

"Yoo Ra, why'd you bleeding?" Chan Yeol walked to me. Myungsoo was flustered and approached me too. He gasped.

He lift me and put me on his lap. All of them was surprised.

"Call the ambulance!" he shouted.

"Why'd you..."

"She's my wife..." Myungsoo finally said. Everybody was in shock.

She carried me and walked out from the meeting room.

"I'll save you..." He said to me.

He put me at the front seat in his car. I was gasping, trembling and grunting so hard. he drove the car fast.

"Hold on, Yoo Ra..." He holds my hands. I smell like blood.

"Yoo Ra. You'll be alright. You are alright..." his voice is shaking. He keeps looking at me instead of keeping his eyes on the road. Suddenly, he gasped. I looked at my right, on Myungsoo side, we was hit by a truck that came at the other side. The car was dragged by the truck.

Then, suddenly it was dark, i don't see anything.