chapter 4

Actually, She Is My Wife

"i know that my husband is a very handsome man." i flattered.

he smiled sheepishly. "Uh-huh. i know that too."

after we talked to his mom a few days ago, myungsoo will do it under one condition. his mom will let me work with him as his secretary. his mom looks disappointed but she agreed. we walked separately, i took a cab while myungsoo drive his car.

"Wow." i stunned looking at the tall building. I walked in.

"Hi, i came for the secretary job." i said awkawardly. she pouted at me with her striking red lipstick.

"Name?"

"Kim Yoo Ra." i said curtly.

she talks at the phone. then, she hung up the phone. "Use the escalator, 5th level, go right, then straight, and you'd find a stairs. Walked up..."

"I know, i know. thank you." I hissed. why'd she have to be so annoying?

i walked up the stairs like i was told. then, i was stunned again. the office was big and elegant.

the door was opened automatically. i stepped in.

"Hi, you must be the new secretary. Please come with me."

i nodded. "Uh, yes. thank you."

everybody was glancing at me, i felt weird. i ignored them.

"Sir, she is your secretary." the woman called. Myungsoo was crossing his legs while sitting at the chair. he flashed a smile.

"You can go now." he muttered.

she left us after she showed me my room behind Myungsoo's room, our room was separated by a glass window.

"I'm Myungsoo, your fake boss." he laughed.

"I'm Yoo Ra. your secretary. i hope we can work comfortably." i .

"Hmm, much comfortable." he whispered.

someone open the door. it was his mom.

"Hi, Mrs. Kim." i bowed. she glared at me.

"you'll arrange his meeting with his client for tomorrow." she said. i nodded.

she look at Myungsoo. "And, Myungsoo. Please act like you don't know her." she left.

"Mom..." he sighed.

"You won't stay with her until your job in here was over. i need you to stay with me at the time both of you are acting like stranger."

"What? mom, you even didn't let us sleep together?" he exclaimed.

"She might be pregnant someday. i'm just making preparations for the worst outcome."

we look at each other. feeling horrible. at the time, i feel like i want to hug him.

 

 

 

at the house, i watched him packing her clothes, sitting on the bed.

"I don't know what to say to you. i feel much and much horrible right now." he said.

"Don't say that. at least we can meet at the company. i'm your secretary remember?" i forced a smile.

"My mom, she's...crazy. i hope you don't mind. she's materialistic. and selfish too."

i shook my head. "She's your mother. at least i feel secure when i'm with you at the company. that's what matters." i whispered.

"Anybody tried to flirting with you?"

i shook my head. "I'm taken by someone. A damn stubborn guy."

he laughed it hard. then, he leaned closer to me and kissed me passionately. he rushed the kiss. then, he stop kissing me.

"You are rushing." i whispered.

"I'm afraid someone will take you away from me." he mumbled.

i scoffed. "It's not true. i'm belong with you..."

He my shirt and his lips crushed against mine. he didn't let me catching my breath. he pushed me to the bed and pulled me closer to him. i moaned.

it was a long night. perhaps for the last night of us.

 

in the morning, Kyungsoo suddenly emerges in front of my house. he brought two cups of coffee in his hand. i smiled to him.

"How is it going?" he asked. i felt weird. "What?"

"i know you are faking to be his secretary." he said.

i didn't look at him, avoiding his eyes. i drink the coffee.

"I know it's hard."

"Too hard." i replied. "but i have to give it a try, listening to his mom."

he sighed. "If i didn't make a mistake before, i would have..."

"Don't, please. Don't brag about our past again. it's gone now, our memories were gone." i hissed.

he looked at me. "I can fixed it. If you give me second chance."

"It doesn't matter, Kyungsoo. You knew how i felt when i saw her kissing you just like we kissed."

"I'm sorry..." he pleaded. I stood up. 

"Let's go, i would be late for work."

 

I finished my job quietly in my room. I noticed Myungsoo keep staring at me, didn't do any work. I looked up and smiled at him.

"do your job." i mouthed. he made a duck face at me, trying to make me laugh. i snorted.

We flustered when one of his worker walked in. I pretended by writing something at the paper.

i heard indistinct talking through the window. Myungsoo stood up and leaving the room. i wondered what's wrong.

after a few minutes, he walked in with a tall good looking man with a smooth complexion, his hair was dyed and he didn't close his mouth when he saw me.

"This is my secretary. Yoo Ra. Yoo Ra this is Chan Yeol. He is our new staff just like you."

"Nice to meet you." We shook hands together.

"If you need any help, you can asked her. She can help you." L said.

"I will." he smiled.

He keeps looking at me. Instead of looking at him, I stared L's face.