[2] The Audition

XOXO [Kiss and Hug]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          The next morning, before the class started, Sangra was out of mood early in the morning. She was quietly looking outside the window and engrossed in her deep thought.

          “Hyesang~ah, what’s with her?” Hyomi asked elbowing her.

          “No idea.” She whispered as she shrugged her shoulder. Then they saw Eunwon and Sangwook approached Sangra.

          “Sangra~ssi…” Eunwon called out in getting her attention. Sangra lazily turned her head to look at them.

           “Hi, good morning!” Sangwook, who was at Eunwon’s back greeted with a smile. But Sangra just raised one of her eyebrows, looking like asking what they want. “We just want to say sorry about the accident happened yesterday…  We’re really sorry.” She apologized as she looked at Hyesang too.

          “TCH!” Sangra reacted as she rolled her eyes away from them and stared back at the window.

          “I was in shocked so I didn’t get myself to move away. I’m sorry you guys got hurt.” Sangwook continued to apologize.

          “Nobody is asking for your explanation.” Sangra coldly said still staring at the window.

          “That’s right… just go back to your seats if I were you.” Hyesang added.

          “Seriously! Ah~ so arrogant! We are trying to apologize and you guys are acting like airheads.” Eunwon was pissed with the way Sangra and Hyesang acted to their apology. “Come on Sangwook~ah, they deserved what happened to them.” She pulled Sangwook and they turned away from them.

          Sangra slam her hands on her desk. “YAH! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID?” She shouted in irritation on what she heard.

          “You didn’t hear? Oh~ too bad, you better go back to the clinic. I think your ears were damage due to the accident.” Eunwon sarcastically said as she turned back to look at Sangra.

          “YAH IMMA! Are you fed up with your life… wanna die?!” Sangra stood up and hurriedly walked closer to where Eunwon was standing and grabbed her on the collar of her blouse. “Be careful on what you are saying… you might regret it!”

          “WOOOHHHH~ CAT FIGHT!!! CAT FIGHT!!! ” Kris, Tao and Kai started shouting and others joined in.

          D.O immediately blocked his self in the middle as he saw Sangra clench her other hand into fist. “Calm down! You don’t want to get into trouble.” Sangra looked at him for a moment and sighed after. She pushily let go of Eunwon and went back to her seat. Eunwon almost lost her balance and fall off if Sangwook was not at her back.

          “The teacher is coming!” Sehun, one of their tall classmate who was at the door shouted as he immediately run to his own seat. Everyone scramble to their respective seats.

          ‘’Looks like someone has the guts to fight you back…” Kris teasingly said as he turned to look at Sangra who was seating behind him.

          “Why… are you scared of me? Wanna seek her help then?” Sangra teased back and then smirked at him. “What a sissy!”

          “Yah! Who are you calling sissy?!” Kris stood up who got irritated on what just Sangra said.

          “Hey cut it out! The teacher is coming.” Hyesang said ceasing them. Kris looked at her then sat back to his seat.

          Sangra leaned forward at her desk and whispered to Kris’ back, “Looks like you’re not only afraid of me but also with Hyesang.” Kris turned to looked at her and gave her a piercing glare. Sangra just leaned back to her seat and smirked at him, satisfied in mocking him.

 

 

     At lunch break, Eunwon and Sangwook were at the cafeteria same with their other classmates. Hyomi was sitting with them.

          “I thought she was really going to punched me.” Eunwon said as she sighed. They were talking about what happened that morning.

          “Yeah, I thought so, too. I got really scared.” Sangwook agreed. Chanyeol and D.O overheard what they were talking and sat with them too.

          “Well, you better be. You guys got one point now.” Chanyeol butted in and scaring them more.

          “What do you mean?” Eunwon asked.

          “Don’t you know that no one tried to get in their way? No one has the guts to fight them back just like what you did Eunwon~ah.” Chanyeol said again toning his voice like telling a scary story. “So you better watch out, they never let anyone off the hook, especially Sangra. She’s really troublesome.”

          “Omona! Jinjja?! Oh gosh I think my high school life is over.” Eunwon worriedly said to Sangwook.

          “Don’t listen to him. He’s exaggerating things.” D.O stated. “They are actually funny and nice.”

          “Nice? Didn’t you see what Sangra did? Oh come on! They are like amazonas.” Sangwook protested at what D.O just said. Chanyeol laughed so hard.

          “Kyungsoo is right. Like I said you just have to know them to see it. You guys are just in a very wrong timing on talking to them.” Hyomi explained.

          “Yap! One trick on getting along with them is to listen to what Hyesang tells you.” Chanyeol added.

          “Huh? I don’t get it… why?” Eunwon asked.

          “There are only three people who can control Sangra’s temper… well, except for his father. First is Minseok hyung, his brother. He is studying here, too. He’s a year ahead on us. Next is Chen, who is his brother’s friend and she’s very close to him… and lastly, Hyesang, as you can see they are best friends since grade school, I think.” Chanyeol stated. “And you two just ignored what she said awhile ago.” He added up.

          “Said what?” Eunwon asked once more.

          “She told you guys to go back to your seats and you didn’t listen. Sangra was in a bad mood at that time and Hyesang just warned you.” Hyomi explained too.

          “That’s a warning?” Sangwook and Eunwon asked in chorus.

          “Well, yeah… it’s clearly a warning.” D.O said. “But don’t worry, they easily forget things like that, particularly when they know if there’s really no reason to get mad with or sorry about.”

     But as the days passed, Sangwook and Eunwon tried to avoid Sangra and Hyesang as much as possible even if D.O, Chanyeol and Hyomi explained things already. They even tried to hide if they know that there’s no other way to stay away from them.

 

     One day…

     Sangwook was walking alone in the hallway going to the canteen when she suddenly saw Sangra going to her direction too.

          “Oh Dang! Of all the people that I could see when I’m just alone... why her?!” she cursed out making hurried steps not looking where she was going and then…

          BANG!

     She bumped into someone, a girl with a sophisticated look. The girl was with two other girls who were standing side by side her. They were furious at Sangwook’s clumsiness.

          “YAH!” A girl shouted when the canned juice she was drinking spilled on her blouse. “ARE YOU BLIND?!”

          “I’m so sorry… I didn’t mean to… I… I was…” Sangwook stutteringly apologized trying to wipe off the spilled juice in the girl’s blouse by the hankie she immediately took out in her pocket.

          “Don’t touch her!” the other girl yelled as she violently pushed Sangwook on her left shoulder that made her almost lost her balance.

          Another girl came closer and closer to her as she poked her forehead again and again, “Don’t you know who we are, huh?!”

          Sangwook got pissed off with the girls’ rudeness. “Hey, it’s an accident and I did apologize. It doesn’t give you a right to be pushy!” he yelled back as she pushed back the girl who poked her.

          “AH! YOU!!!” the girl raised her hand in the air and about to hit Sangwook when a hand ceased it in mid-air.

          “That’s enough!” a girl said firmly as she shoved the girl’s hand and pushed her hard to back off, making her to fall out of balance.

          “Sulli!” the two girls shouted as they helped her to stand up and they scram away.

          “S-Sang… Sangra~ssi…” Sangwook stutteringly uttered, surprised as she recognize the girl who helped her.

          “What?”

          “Nothing…” Sangwook said as she shook her head, “…thanks!”

          Sangra smirked and said, “Just be careful next time.” And she left Sangwook.

          “I guessed we’re really wrong about her.” Sangwook admitted as she looked at the classmate who was walking away.

     Just around a corner someone was watching Sangwook…

          “Aigoo~ how long should I have to hide myself to her? I owe you this one Sangra~ssi.” Lay uttered in relieved. He almost jumps out of his hiding to be on Sangwook’s rescue.

 

 

          “What’s going on?” Sangwook asked as she saw a lot of students were gathered in front of the bulletin board one morning.

          “I don’t know… let’s check it out.” Eunwon said jostling through the crowd to get in front. Sangwook was following her. A guy was posting an announcement on the board.

          “Hey, what’s that all about?” someone in the crowd asked.

          “It’s an audition. The XOXO Dance Company is recruiting new members since some of the members just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter