[1] Start of an Adventure

XOXO [Kiss and Hug]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          It was Monday morning…

 

          “Minseok~ah, where is your sister?” a guy in his early 40’s asked his son who just came out of his room.

          “I think she’s still in her room, dad.”

          “You guys are gonna be late. Go check on her.” He said to Minseok as he looked at his wristwatch. Minseok immediately went to her sister’s room.

          “YAH! SANGRA~YA! Come on, hurry up!” Minseok said who keeps knocking on the door.

          “Yeah~ yeah~ comin’…” Sangra mouthed as she opened the door. She was carrying her luggage.

          “Are you done? Dad is waiting for quite awhile now…”

          “Ne… all done and excited.” She said smiling, pulling the strap of her backpack.

          “Aigoo~ for someone excited you’re the one who’s always late.” He said messing up her sister’s hair. “Let’s go, Dad is getting impatient already.” He uttered again and helped her in carrying the luggage.

 

     Minseok is a year older than Sangra and have close relationship to each other even though they quarrel a lot. He acts very manly despite of resembling a girl’s face and likes to do aegyo. In Sangra’s case, growing up just with his dad and brother, she developed a boy-like attitude, act tough for the reason of not wanting them to worry much about her. Minseok is in his second year in high school while Sangra is an incoming freshman…

 

          “We’re here!” Sangra excitedly said as his dad stopped the car in the main entrance of the campus. “I can’t believe I’m totally here now… at last!” she was sticking out her head in the car’s window, looking around.

          “Hey  you girl, before you go ballistic over there, I have something to give you two.” Their dad said, opening a small compartment in front of Minseok and took out a little box and a letter envelope.

          “What’s that?” Minseok asked.

          “It’s from your mother,” he answered. He sighed and said again, “Before your mom passed away, she told me to give you these when you both got to this school.”

          Minseok took the letter and passed the small box to Sangra. They were about to opened it when their father averted them to do so…

          “Hey don’t open it now. Wait until you both are settle in your dorms… Go now… I’ll be caught in traffic if you two don’t hurry up… I’m gonna be late for my work.”

          “You know this is all your fault.” Minseok said to her sister as they went out of the car.

          “My fault?” Sangra said back, following his brother who was opening the trunk of the car to get their baggage. 

          “Ne, ‘cause you’re such a slowpoke.”

          “Yeah, whatever!” she said rolling her eyes to Minseok and took the other bags to help him. “Bye Appa! Take care~” she said to his dad who just stepped out of the car too.

          “Bye Dad!” Minseok bid his goodbyes too.

          “Bye!” Their dad uttered too, giving them both a hug. “Minseok~ah, take good care of your sister, okay? Love you both.”

          “Appa I can handle my self very well,” she said in her defense.

          Minseok eyed her fiercely before saying, “I will Dad… don’t worry. Drive safely.”

          They waited until their father left before they went inside the campus.

 

     They were walking in the pathway on their way to the west part of the school to the girls’ dormitory, when Minseok noticed Sangra was quiet and in a deep thought.

          “Yah, what’s the matter… nervous on your first day?” He asked concernedly.

          “Huh?” She uttered coming back to her senses. “…oh, nothing. I’m just wondering about what dad gave us awhile ago. What do you think it could be? ”

          “Have no idea…” he replied shrugging. “Hey, don’t concern your self too much about it.”

          “But it's about mom… how can I be not concerned?” she huffed and pouted to his brother.

          “Aigoo~ don’t dare open that box! We’ll meet up later... understood?!” he warned her sister.

          “Araseo~”

 

     When it comes to stuffs about their mother, it’s always a big deal to Sangra. Since they were young, they would hear a lot of stories about the XOXO Academy from their mom. They both idolized their parents so much and they promised to study too at the Academy where their parents both met.

 

          “SANGRA~YA!” a girl at the same age with her called out waving her both hand in the air as Sangra and Minseok entered the lobby of the dorm. Sangra runs fast to her and Minseok just followed.

          “Hyesang~ah!” Sangra said putting down all the bags she was carrying and gave her a big hug. Hyesang is her bestfriend. They were classmates since fourth grade.

          “Yah! What took you so long?” Hyesang asked, pulling out on her hug. Sangra just smiled to her while scratching her head. “Oh, hi Xiumin oppa!” she greeted turning her attention to Minseok. Xiumin is his given nick name of his friends when he was in middle school.

          “Hi Hyesang~ssi! You’re getting prettier and prettier.” Minseok greeted back.

          “YAH! Oppa, please spare us with your balling… You’re giving me goose bumps.” Sangra said with her shivering act.

          “Balling?! …are you insane… do you know what that means?” Minseok confusedly asked.

          “Yeah… Balling… it is when you say things sweet and nice to someone… trying to wind and roll other’s mind… That’s balling!” Sangra explained actively.

          “Huh? Where in the world did you get that? It’s sweet-talking not balling.” His brother corrected.

          “Oh my gosh sis~ you really are so bright... now I’m wondering how do you passed the entrance exam here.” Hyesang put her arm around Sangra’s shoulder and shaking her head in doubt.

          Minseok laughed and uttered, “Aigoo~ I’ll leave you two now… I have to go to my dorm… need to unpack my things too.” He left sangra’s luggage and carry his own. He was few steps away from the two when he turned his back and said to Sangra, “Yah imma~ remember what I said, okay? I’ll call you later.”

          “Araseo! Araseo! TCH~” Sangra shouted back, brow furrowed with annoyance on how her brother called her. Then, Minseok continue on his way.

 

     Afterwards…

     A luxurious car came to a halt just in font of the campus gate. A man in a butler uniform came out of it and opened the backseat door…

          “Thanks Ahjussi,” a young lady at her 16 said as she stepped out of the car while the man proceeded at the car’s trunk and took out two large travelling bags. She noticed that the other students that coming in too were just by themselves only… “Ahjussi, I think I can handle it here… you guys can go now,” she said all of a sudden taking the bags to the man.

          “But Miss, your mom instructed me to help you with unpacking your things when you got into your dorm.”

          “It’s okay~ I can do it by my self… don’t worry.” She uttered figuring how she could carry all those bags.

          “Are you sure Miss… those bags are heavy?” the worried man said looking at her struggling with the baggage.

          “Yes, I can do it” she said back gesturing her hand for a thumbs up.

          “Very well, if you said so…”

          “Oh~ one more thing Ahjussi, call me Sangwook~ah… I always told you that,” she pouted.

          “I’m sorry about that…” The man smiled and said again, “Sangwook~ah, call me if you need anything else, okay?”

          “That’s better!” She said smiling back… “I will Ahjussi… thanks… Bye!” She bid goodbye and pulled the travelling bags as she went on her way to the dormitory.

 

     The XOXO Academy is a very huge place composing of its main building connected to another two structure for the class and club rooms, an open field grounds at the back, and the two separated dormitories. There’s even a small lake, a garden, storage house and an old abandoned building.

 

          “Oh gosh! So stupid~” Sangwook said as she regrets her decision on carrying her things on her own. “DANG! I even forgot to ask where the dormitory is…” She desperately looked for someone she could ask. She was in the middle of the way when suddenly…

          “HEY WATCH OUT! NO BREAK!”

          “YAH! GET OUT OF THE WAY!”

          Sangra and Hyesang were riding a bicycle. It was moving fast ahead because the way was a downhill landscape. Hyesang was losing control of the handle as Sangra hitched a ride at the back busy wagging her hand in the air and shouting on top of her lungs. They’re gaining close on hitting Sangwook but she was not moving at all. Hyesang got a hold on turning the handle so they can’t hit her since she’s frost in where she was standing. But a girl came rushing to Sangwook for a help and pushing her to the direction where Hyesang was planning to turn. In surprised of the girl’s hasty appearance, she made a sudden turn and got lost control again… they were heading straight on a tree this time.

          “AHHHH~” Sangra was so nervous and panicking at that.

          “OH CRAP! JUUMMMPPPP!” Hyesang shouted.

 

          BANG!

 

          As swift as they can, they did jump off before the bike hit the tree and landed in a low filed bushes.

          “Ouch~ that hurts…” Hyesang moaned as she tried to stand up holding her aching hip.

          “That was closed… AH!” Sangra groaned too when she stretched out her left arm. “Fudge~” she cursed when she saw her elbow got some bruises and scratches on her other arm.

          “I guess will be the first patients in the clinic this semester.” Hyesang said laughing and pointing at Sangra’s face.

          “Yah! What’s so funny? Stop it!” she said as she shoved away Hyesang’s pointing hand.

          “Sis, your noise is bleeding.”

          “Oh !” she cursed out again while wiping the blood off her nose and sarcastically said, “What a great luck I’m having!”

          “Yah, you’re blood is red…” Hyesang still laughingly said putting her arm around Sangra’s shoulder and made a joke on her, “…it should be green, right?” then she laughed at her once more.

          “Babo! Do I look like an alien to you? We’re not even related to Piccolo.” She grumbled and they both laughed in their silliness. She doesn’t want her friend to worry about her so she tried riding in her joke even if she was so scared and her heart was pounding so hard at that time. (Piccolo is the green nemic fictional character in Dragonball)

          “Come on let’s go… you don’t have enough blood on you… It’s gonna be bad if it runs out.” and they both left dragging the busted up bicycle.

 

     Meanwhile…

     The other two girls were still slumping on the ground speechless looking at each other dazed on what just happened, when suddenly, two hands reached out in front of them.

          “Are you girls okay?” One of the guys asked. It was Minseok, he was with his friend Luhan. They were passing by at that time when they saw the two girls were slumping at the ground.

          “What happened? Why are you girls sitting on the ground?” Luhan asked too as he helped Sangwook to stand up.

          “Thank you. I think we’re fine.” Sangwook said as she dusted off her skirt.

          The girl that helped Sangwook was speechlessly nodding… mesmerized at Minseok who assisted her in standing up.

          “Are you guys sure?” Minseok asked again, reassuring while looking straightly in the girl’s eyes.

          “Yes, we’re okay… thanks.” The girl answered still looking fascinated with the man in front of her.

          “Xiumin~ah, let’s go… Chen is waiting for us.” Luhan said as he hooked his arm on Minseok’s.

          “Since you girls are okay, we'll go ahead now.” Minseok sweetly said again. “See you around.” And the two guys left.

          “OMG! I can’t believe that I’ll find my DESTINY here.” the dreamy girl uttered.

          “What?” Sangwook was befuddled in the girl who looks like daydreaming.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter