Packing Day

Summer

"Rise and shine!" Amber yelled, pulling Krystal's blinds up. Krystal grumbled and pulled her covers up higher as soon as the glints of sunlight hit her. Sulli put her hands on her hips and glared at Krystal, who was stirring under her blankets.

 

"Leave me alone…" Krystal mumbled.

 

"But I brought breakfast bagels from the café. Luna even put in extra slices of bacon in for you." Amber pressed on. Krystal shot up from bed when she heard this. Both girls chuckled as the groggy princess got up and rubbed her eyes, walking over to the bathroom like a zombie. When Krystal came back out, Sulli was eating her bagel. It was filled with lettuce, bacon and tartar sauce was oozing out. Krystal's stomach grumbled. When was the last time she even had a bagel? She reached for the large paper bag in front of her, but Amber got to it first.

 

"I don't think so." Amber told her, "We're going downstairs to eat." Krystal's mouth fell open in shock.

 

"But Sulli's eating here!" She complained, "And she knows perfectly well that she shouldn't be." Sulli shrugged and took another bite out of her bagel. Amber looked at Sulli, and on cue, they both grabbed one of Krystal's arms and dragged her out of the room and to the kitchen. She struggled out of their grips and walked out to the kitchen herself, where Kris and Kai were sitting, eating fluffy omelettes and Greek yoghurt.

 

"Morning, princess," Kai greeted, pushing a spoonful of yoghurt into his mouth.

 

"You guys just invited yourselves over?" Krystal demanded. Jessica walked in, applying a light tinge of pink to her lips.  Donghae, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Seohyun, Sunny and Sungmin walked in after her.

 

"No, I invited them in." Jessica explained, grabbing a bowl of fresh strawberries. Krystal rolled her eyes. It was typical of her sister to bring in a fraction of her clique in so early in the morning. She sat down at the white stool next to Kai and dipped a strawberry in his yoghurt and ate it.

 

"Hey!" He complained. Krystal shrugged. She couldn't be bothered going up to the fridge and grabbing her own portion of yoghurt. Amber finally dropped the bag of fresh bagels in front of her and sat down next to Kris. Sulli immediately moved next to Krystal and reached for another bagel. Krystal yawned and reached into the bag to receive a freshly baked bagel, stuffed with bacon, mounds of lettuce, slices of tomato, slices of avocado and mayonnaise. She took the knife from Sulli and neatly cut it in half, only to have one half taken away by Kai. She glared at him, then laughed.

 

"So kids, what are you plans today?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"I still haven't unpacked yet," Kai explained, "Krystal's coming over to help later." Krystal nodded and felt her face fire up when everyone glanced at them and smirked knowingly.

 

"Oh I know," Sulli said excitedly, "Minho and I are getting lunch and then we're packing our bags."

 

"I guess Kris and I are packing too. So boring." Amber said, "And then we're all going to the café in the evening."

 

"Well, the girls and I are going to get manicures," Jessica told them, "You guys should get packing soon.

 


"Jjanggu!" Krystal called out, as she rushed up the dog. She picked the dog up and petted it as another dog leapt up to Kai.

 

"My babies missed you." Kai said, making Krystal laugh.

 

"They're my babies! Your dogs like me more than you!" She threw back. They both laughed and settled down the dogs. Krystal inspected the house as they walked through it. It looked exactly like it had, before the Kims had moved. Except for Kai's room. Boxes were stacked everywhere. She looked down to see a box marked 'games' in mauve eye pencil.

 

"Taeyeon's." Kai said, when he noticed that Krystal had seen, "We couldn't find a Sharpie in the last minute." Krystal chuckled and looked around the room. There was a frame that been unpacked. It contained the photo of the dance team they were in so long ago. She winced when she saw her fourteen year old face. Thank goodness she had lost all that baby fat around her face. But Kai still looked attractive, even when he was fourteen and had braces.

 

"Alright," Krystal said, "Let's get started." 

 


"Wow Kris, I think. I think you have more clothes than I do." Amber complained, going through Kris' wardrobe. Kris sat on his bed, watching The Avengers.

 

"Yeah well," He replied, "I dress better than you do." Amber scoffed and threw a shirt over to him.

 

"Ironically, yesterday, if I remember correctly, you weren't wearing a shirt." She reminded him.

 

"It was hot yesterday. Besides, just admit that you liked it." Amber threw another shirt over to him, annoyed. He took it off his head and folded it neatly. He bent over to his suitcase, which was on the ground, and placed it in. He looked back up and saw that Amber wasn't there. Huh? Suddenly, she jumped out from the side of the bed. He jumped one metre high. Amber had buried her head into her hands and was laughing.

 

"That was the funniest thing I've seen all week." She said, between laughs. He crossed his arms and pushed her over. She almost lost her balance.

 

"Serves you right." He smirked. She glared at him playfully, and crawled over to him, pushing him over.

 

"Amber, are you- OH MY GOD." Sulli's voice rang through the room, "I can't believe I'm actually seeing this with my own eyes!" Amber closed her eyes slowly. Not again. She got off Kris and looked at Sulli, like a deer caught in the headlights.

 

"This isn't what it looks like." Kris said. Sulli was swiping on the screen of her phone.

 

"Don't even try lying to me," She teased, "Krystal! My gosh, you will not believe what I just saw!" Amber and Kris groaned in unison.

 

"Not again," Amber complained, "We're never going to hear the end of this."

 

"Well, we might as well finish packing." Kris sighed.

 


"Alright," Yunho announced, "You guys can assign yourselves to your own rooms when we get there. But we're leaving tomorrow at eight thirty. Changmin's letting us borrow his caravan. So he's taking Boa, Kai, Krystal, Amber, Kris, Sulli, Minho, Victoria, Luna, Onew, Taemin, Key, Jonghyun, Sehun, Daeun and I. Hyoyeon's driving the convertible and she's taking Jessica, Tiffany, Taeyeon and Seohyun with her. Leeteuk's taking Donghae, Sungmin, Sunny, Ryeowook, Yoona, Yuri, Sooyoung, Siwon and Eunhyuk. Got it?"

 

"Wow, there's so many people." Sulli said, taking a sip out of her ice coffee

 

"Hae and I are separated!" Jessica pouted.

 

"That's because none of us want to be third-wheelers," Yunho explained, "Alright, so I'll repeat. Eight thirty. Remember that."

 

"Sleep early tonight if you know you're not going to be able to wake up early enough." Boa suggested. Yunho laughed.

 

"I was just about to say that!" Yunho said, "Telepathy." Krystal smiled proudly as she watched her brother and Boa smile at each other. She had never seen any two people more perfect for each other and she was glad that Boa came into his life.

 

"I know," Said Jessica, sliding up next to Krystal, "I never imagined that our big brother would be the first to tie the knot with his girl. I never even imagined that he'd even get a girl." Donghae had slipped next to Jessica and had wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her cheek. Even Ice Queen, Jessica, was in a stable relationship, Krystal thought, picking at her slice of chocolate gateau. Someone had suddenly scooped in and stolen her stick of chocolate. She looked up. Kai. Of course.

 

"Hey!" Krystal complained. Kai shrugged and smirked.

 

"Now that I'm back, you're going to have to get used to my habits." He told her. Not that she needed to get used to it. She didn't mind one bit.

 

"I'm excited," She commented, running a hand through strands of her hair.

 

"Me too." He replied, smiling at her, which she reflected.

 


Fourth chapter! I want to thank you all for your comments and subscribing! I really appreciate it :) and I'm continuously writing this story because all your kindness, so thank you so much :)