Piggy-back?

Summer

Krystal expertly flicked her eye pencil in an upwards direction to create a small wing on her eyelid. She carefully applied sunscreen onto her face, making sure it was evenly covered and took a look in the mirror. Her denim shorts and striped loose tank top seemed like the perfect outfit for a day like this. She looked out her window. The sun was just peeking through the leaves of the palm trees surrounding her window. Nothing could stop her grin from spreading. Today was going to be a good day.

 

"Krysssss!" Sulli yelled, opening her door. She was wearing a loose shirt and a tangerine skirt that stopped above her knees. Luna, who had trailed in after, was wearing a yellow sundress. Amber walked in, wearing black jeans and a white tank top.

 

"Morning sis," Jessica sang, sliding a plate of watermelon and grapefruit slices towards her. Krystal gratefully took it and bit into a slice of grapefruit. She watched Sulli gush over her sister's perfectly varnished nails and Amber roll her eyes. Luna sat herself next to Krystal and smiled as she glanced over her screen. Probably a text from Onew. Krystal reached for a piece of toast and slathered it in butter and vegemite. When she was done, they all went outside and gasped.

 

"What's up Krys?" Yunho asked, arm around Boa, "You look like you've never seen a caravan before."

 

"I have, but I've never seen one this big." She replied. Yunho chuckled and placed her suitcase into the side compartment next to everyone else's. Jessica had made her way to Hyoyeon's convertible, Donghae draped over her.

 

"Jessica!" Taeyeon laughed, "You have a Donghae on you!"

 

"Shh," Jessica replied, "It's flattering."

 

"So, Yunho, how long is this road trip going to take?" Krystal asked out of curiosity.

 

"About six hours by car." He answered, earning groans from everyone.

 

"Six hours without my Sica." Donghae pouted.

 

"Six hours with the llama-lover." Kris pouted. Six hours with Jongin, Krystal thought. Yunho checked his phone for the time.

 

"Alright, it's currently 8:22." He announced, "Everyone's here, yes? We might as well just leave now." 

 

 

They all boarded the caravan and looked inside. The interior had followed a white colour scheme. The walls were coloured a pale cream colour. The walls were all sorts of irregular shapes. There were padded seats and beds suspended from the walls. Krystal clapped her hands as she looked around. Changmin sure had great taste. Jessica walked in, lugging in a suitcase.

 

"Sica, aren't suitcases supposed to go somewhere else?" Krystal asked. Jessica opened the suitcase to reveal food ranging from watermelon cubes and celery sticks to boxes of oreos.

 

"Courtesy to Leeteuk and the others." She said. Krystal ran over excitedly and fished out a container of walnut cookies baked to perfection.

 


"Okay. I'm a dancer. Hmm… I'm in love with Krystal." Kris said. Amber held up a hand to stop any more words coming out from his mouth.

 

"KAI." She guessed, deliberately raising her voice. They waited for the two victims to protest, but heard nothing.

 

"Weird." Kris said, his eyebrows knitting together, "I thought they'd tell us otherwise by now." Amber glanced around the room. Victoria, Luna, Onew, Taemin and Jonghyun were gathered around a table, Sehun and Daeun were playing on their phones, Minho and Sulli were watching a movie, Changmin was sleeping on one of the beds, Boa and Yunho were in the front seats. She looked behind them and saw Kai and Krystal, sharing earphone speakers, both asleep. Krystal was leaning on his shoulder, and her fingers were nearly touching his.

 

"I think they're too busy." Amber teased, "Alright. I'm fluffy and I've got a long neck. Anddd I'm adorable."

 

"But I don't have a long neck!" Kris complained. Amber rolled her eyes.

 

"Not you! A llama. Duhhhhhh." Kris gave her the 'are you serious?' look.

 

"We're playing, 'who am I?'; not 'what am I?'." He told her sternly.

 

"Hey! Llamas are a who! Anyway. I'm tired. Be my pillow for a while." And she leaned down on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Kris didn't protest though. Instead he just smiled and dozed off himself.

 


Kai woke up, startled. He scanned the room and suddenly realised that he was still on the road trip. He felt something lean on his shoulder. Make that a someone leaning on his shoulder. Krystal looked adorable as she had her eyes closed, lips slightly pouted. Kai chuckled lightly, making sure not to wake her up. Even in her sleep, she had something to pout at. He felt her nose twitch and she opened her eyes slowly, coming to her senses. Kai retrieved the pair of earphones that had fallen out from their ears.

 

"Jongin…" She whispered.

 

"Mhm?" He hummed in question. She threw her head forward, so that strands of her hair surrounded her. Then she leaned back again and fixed her hair. He took a strand and placed it behind her ear. She breathed out a thank you, tiredly.

 

"What time is it?" She asked.

 

"About two hours since we left home." He responded, "Are you hungry?"

 

"Yeah, cookie?" She asked, reaching for the container she had placed in her backpack earlier. She passed one to him and bit into one herself.

 


Boa chuckled when she saw Krystal and Kai and turned back to Yunho, who was driving.

 

"So, how are we going to split them up into rooms?" She asked.

 

"I'll let them decide when we get there. Jaejoong said something about how he named and coordinated the rooms according to colours. I don't know. Maybe it'll make it easier for them to split up into rooms." He explained, keeping his focus on the road. "Boa?"

 

"Mhm?"

 

"Wanna share a room?" He asked. She tried to hide her smile. He took one hand off the wheel and interweaved his fingers with hers.

 

"Sounds like a plan to me." Was her answer.

 


Sulli looked up from the movie that she was watching on her laptop with Minho. Why had the vehicle suddenly stopped?

 

"Kids, it's lunch-time." Boa announced. She reached for a few boxes from the suitcase, a cream picnic mat and linked arms to Yunho, dragging him out. Amber and Krystal looked at each other in confusion.

 

"I guess they want us to go out then," Minho shrugged, taking her hand. When they walked out, Amber and Kris were scanning their surroundings.

 

"Kris, don't you think Sulli and Minho are like that one old couple?" Amber said out loud. Sulli hit Amber's arm and pouted.

 

"What about Yunho and Boa? They're the definition of the old married couple." Sulli returned.

 

"No, I don't think so," Changmin laughed, "I think Yunho and Jaejoong are THE old married couple."

 

"Remind me why you're here again, Changmin?" Yunho barked from his phone, before returning back to his call, "Wait, what? So you guys will be late? Wh- Oh of course. Well, that's my sister for you. We'll wait until you reach us. Keep driving up the road you're on until you reach the seaside. I don't know, I can't see a sign anywhere. But you won't be able to miss it."

 

"Krystal, I think Jessica stopped the car for some clothing emergency. So go look around this place. We'll have lunch in about half an hour." Boa informed. Krystal smiled and nodded, Kai, Kris and Amber trailing after her like dogs.

 


 

Kris checked his surroundings. The white sand reached to the ends of the beach. The clear waves were overlapping each other in a calm enveloping motion. He turned to his left to look at Amber. But she wasn't there. Instead, she was running up to the water.

 

"Urgh! Why, of all days, did I decide to wear jeans today?" Amber complained, attempting to roll up the cuffs of her jeans. Kai was taking off his shirt. Krystal's eyes widened.

 

"Dude, what are you doing?" She asked, panicked. He smirked.

 

"What does it look like? I'm going into the water." He answered, "Hurry up. I'll race you?" Krystal hesitated before peeling her tank top and shorts off and running into the water. Kris walked over to where Amber was crossing her arms and glaring out the two playing in the water.

 

"Guess it's only us two here then, amigo." She said, turning to him. Kris smiled and sat down on the sand. Amber plopped down too and began modelling something in the sand.

 

"Sandcastles?" Kris questioned, "Aren't you a bit too old for that?" Amber crossed her arms.

 

"You can never be too old for sandcastles." She huffed out, "Now hurry up and help me!"

 


 

Krystal shivered as she walked deeper into the water. When she spotted Kai looking her up and down and giving her his famous smirk, her knees turned to jelly, suddenly feeling completely exposed in her under-garments.

 

"It's not my fault that the water's cold!" She complained, "And wipe that smirk off your face!" He walked over, still smirking.

 

"Then do you want me to give you a piggy-back?" He asked. Her cheeks suddenly matched the stripes on her tank top that was now lying on the sand. He leaned forward and she climbed onto his back slowly, feeling self-conscious when his arms went to hook around her bare legs. She wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders and in her breath when her stomach came in contact with his .

 

"Do you give every girl you meet a piggy-back?" She asked, teasing him. He laughed softly.

 

"Nope," He answered, "You're the only one." Her heart beat increased and she couldn't help but smile.

 

"Alright. You can only give piggy-backs to me." She said. He walked deeper into the water, and her knees were now touching the water.

 

"This is like how I used to give piggy-backs to you when years ago," He said, "And you're still light as a feather." She locked her arms him tighter and leaned her chin to rest on his shoulder. She probably wouldn't say it out loud, but it was really comfortable just being like this. More comfortable than she had ever been.

 


Fifth chapter! :) Thanks for reading. Anyway, I know that the pace this story is going is pretty slow, but when I'm writing a chaptered story, I plan to make it slow. I'm sorry if it's annoying you, but I don't want to rush this fic. Anyway, many thanks :)