He's Back

Summer

"So like, I was thinking that later we should go shopping afterwards." Sulli rambled on, "I could totally do with an ice coffee." Krystal sighed and rolled her eyes, walking out to the window of her room.

 

"But it's like, fifty degrees outside right now. Seriously." Krystal answered, laughing lightly upon seeing Sulli's pout. Sulli fell back onto the soft and VERY pink covers on Krystal's bed, with a sigh. She stared out the windows and her eyes came in contact with the cobalt sea, marked with a few sailboats. Palm trees danced to the wind gently. The memories of when she used to watch the view from her window with him flashed into her mind. Her eyes flickered in sadness for a second. Or was it regret?

 

 

"Yo! Sulli! Krystal!" Both girls whipped around to see Amber approaching, struggling to balance a bunch of ice teas in her arms. Krystal ran up to Amber and daintily picked out a bottle. Amber dropped the rest of the bottles onto Krystal's bed.

 

"Thank goodness, Amber; I was dying of thirst. And I can't be stuffed going out. Good timing. Sulli was going to drag me to go out and shop for bikinis." Krystal complained, rolling her eyes once again. Amber laughed at her friends. It was so typical of them.

 

"Too bad. I'm going to Kris' place soon and you'll be on your own." Krystal and Sulli both heaved out sighs of annoyance.

 

"Are you guys dating?" Sulli asked curiously, "You're always at his place these days." A lovely shade of red reached Amber's cheeks.

 

"No." She huffed out, watching her friends exchange knowing looks.

 

"It's fine. We know that you guys have been in love ever since you were five. We understand." Krystal teased. Sulli squealed and threw her head back, laughing as if she'd lost her mind. Amber sighed and backed out of the room. How we all came to be friends, I'll never know, She thought, as she made her way out of the mansion, not forgetting to quickly say hello to Jessica, Krystal's sister.

 


She was embraced by the humid wind as she walked out. She hummed a song to herself as she walked to Kris' house, making sure to keep under the shade of the palm trees. She finally reached the house and climbed over the fence and entered from the back door. Kris was nowhere to be found.

 

"Kris?" Amber called out. No answer. She shrugged and entered the kitchen, placing her ice tea onto the marble kitchen counter. She made her way to the fridge. Hmm. Last night's pizza. Eggs. Strawberries. Peaches. Butter. She opened the freezer. Frozen peas. Ice cubes. Ice cream. Aha! She took out the tub and grabbed a spoon. Then she walked up the stairs to Kris' room. A pile of clothes lay on the floor, amongst it, she spotted a pair of boxers on the floor and wrinkled her nose. So typical of her best friend. She shrugged and jumped onto his bed, crinkling the black sheets that were perfectly made up before, and opened the tub of ice cream and the TV that was directly opposite his bed.

 


Kris sighed as he opened the door to his house. God, why was it so hot today? He was sweating already. As he walked into the living room, he took off his shirt and walked into the kitchen, noticing the ice tea on the counter. He furrowed his eyebrows, trying to remember a time when he left it there. He shrugged and opened the fridge. Was that last night's pizza? Better throw that out. Eggs. Strawberries. Peaches. Butter. He huffed out in annoyance, but a lightbulb flashed in his mind. He had bought ice cream yesterday. He opened the freezer and found… frozen peas and ice cubes. But no ice cream. He looked around suspiciously. Somebody had broken into his place. He quietly trudged up the stairs, where he had heard a few noises.

 

Amber laughed at the TV show that was on. Friends. Suddenly, the door opened. Or rather, Kris' door opened. Amber looked up and saw Kris. Shirtless.

 

"DUDE! Put a shirt on! What the hell?" Amber yelled. Kris sighed in relief when he saw that it was only Amber.

 

"I didn't know you were coming over today! Don't act like you haven't seen me shirtless before. We've played BASKETBALL together with me wearing no shirt." Kris yelled back, going over to his wardrobe to find a shirt. Amber sneaked a peak at his bare chest. Yep. He was definitely working out.

 

"I texted you. It wouldn't hurt to check your phone once in a while, you know." She retorted. Kris had slipped on a plain white t-shirt and was checking his messages.

 

"You texted me? RIGHT." He said in a monotone, shoving his phone into her face. No new messages, it read. Amber racked her brain. She was sure she had sent a text. Or had she? She took out her phone and checked her messages. Oops. She had sent it to Krystal. At the exact same time, her phone started ringing.

 

"Oi Amber, what is this? I thought you were supposed to go to Kris' place; not mine!" Amber sighed. She watched Kris quickly lunge for the ice cream.

 

"I was supposed to send that to him. My bad." She replied, trying to grab the ice cream out of his hands. He smirked at her and kept it out of her reach.

 

"Whatever. Anyway, hurry up and come back to my place! Sica brought Donghae over and I don't want to go outside. I'm trapped. And not to mention, Sulli won't stop reminding me about how Boa hardly hangs out with us because she's too busy with Yunho. God. I know that they're on the verge of marriage and are all lovey-dovey, but seriously. My brother always takes everything of mine. I swear, ever since we were small, he's been doing this. And Boa used to always come over and give us the best presents ever. But now they're always somewhere else." Krystal complained.

 

"Amber," Kris suddenly interrupted, "Tell her that Kai's -" But Amber was hardly even listening. She wrestled Kris to the bed, and his eyes widened.

 

"Yeah, I've got to - uhh…" Kris had started tickling Amber and she felt like she could hardly even breath, gasping desperately for air. She elbowed him in the stomach and he groaned loudly, clearly in pain. The next thing she heard was Krystal gasp.

 

"Oh my god, are you guys having ? EWW. I'm hanging up. And Kris, you don't need to remind me about that . He left. And that's it." Krystal yelled through the phone, loud enough for both Kris and Amber to hear. Amber got off Kris and pinched the bridge of her nose. Kris groaned again. But soon enough, they started laughing.

 


Krystal hung up on Amber in disgust. 

 

"I KNEW IT!" Sulli gasped. Krystal wrinkled her nose.

 

"I always thought they were close, but I didn't know that they were THAT close." She commented.

 

"Never mind that. What was Kris saying about Kai?" Sulli asked.

 

Krystal never got a chance to spit out how much she hated that guy because the doorbell chimed through the house Both girls looked at each other in confusion. Amber and Kris couldn't possibly be here already. They were just… nevermind about that. Krystal walked down the stairs, her fingers trailing down the handrails as she did. Sulli was practically prancing down the stairs. She opened the door and widened her eyes when she saw him. Sulli had stopped jumping around and widened her eyes too.

 

 

"Soojung." There it was. Ever since they were children, that's what he called her. Apart from her parents, he was the only one that called her that anymore. Not that she was complaining. No one ever made it sound so perfect, but him, although she'd never admit it. She wanted to slam the door shut on him. But she couldn't. No. Instead, she just stood there, eyes welling up with tears, mouth slightly open in surprise. Sulli had somehow stopped staring and squeezed Krystal's arm softly, before walking away - probably to the kitchen.

 

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Krystal managed to get out. He chuckled lightly, before approaching her. She looked up at him, eyes softening and bit her lip lightly. He wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her. And she let herself go. She cried. Tears spilt, emotions flowing through the air. She hated this person. She hated it when he smirked. She hated it when he played basketball without his shirt on and attracted all the girls. She hated it when he called her 'baby'. But most of all, she hated the fact that she had missed him so much. She finally draped her arms around his shoulders and cried into his neck, while he ran his arms up and down her back to try and calm her down.

 


Alrightt, first chapter. 

This is sort of what I wanted Krystal's house to look like. I added a few pictures. If you're thinking, okay... random picture, let me explain. They're the places in which I pictured the story to take place at. So yeahh. All of these were taken from one of my tumblrs. But thank you for reading this ^_^