Say something

The Vow {Chenlay remake}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry I took so much time ! Mihane ! It's just that I got college, exams, life... I'm sorry to make you wait !

The title is inspired by the song "Say something" by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera

 

Yixing came home early. With Christmas and New Year coming, the compagny had lightened their working hours. As soon as he came home, in the early afternoon, he noticed a unknown coat hanging on to one of the hooks set on the wall near the door and two mugs of coffee on the kitchen island. He took of his shoes, wondering who was with Chen now without him being informed, and that excluded all the people he knew. When he get to the bedroom, Jongdae was packing his stuff into a large leather duffle bag. The youger rose his head when he heard footsteps.

"Hey." he said, not stoping his occupation. "You came early."

"Yeah... Hum, my schedule lightened a bit since it's the end of the year. What are you doing ?"

"I'm packing up. You said it was fine if I wanted to spent the celebrations with my family, so..."

"Alright..." Yixing answered, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I didn't expect you to go so soon..."

Jondae dropped what he had in hand and looked at him, biting his lower lip. He felt guilty, but wanted to go. Yixing knew it well, but it was hard to let go. Suddenly, the sliding door which leads from the bedroom to the bathroom opened, revealing Jondae's father.

"Mr. Kim." Yixing greeted him with a nod.

His father in law didn't bother to answer him.

"Adeul-ah, are your things ready now ?" he asked smoothly.

"Deh. Appa, could you please bring this to the car ? I'll come in a moment."

"As you wish." his father answered, picking up the duffle bag and giving a dark glance to Yixing before leaving.

As they remain alone, standing face to face, Jongdae looked uneasy. He took the two steps forward needed to be right in front of Yixing.

"Hum... I guess... I'll be going." he said awkwardly. "Enjoy the celebrations with your friends and take care of yourself."

As he was about to go, Yixing held him by the wirst. They were back to back now. Oh my, no one could ever know how much Yixing wanted to pull him in his embrace and never let him go.

"I love you. I love you so much that if you make one step out of this house, I would die. I can't live without you Kim Jongdae, I really can't. Please don't leave. If you do, I feel like you'd never get back."

That's what Yixing wanted to say. But he couldn't. He couldn't because it would be useless. It would be useless because Jongdae didn't love him -no, he shouldn't think this way- didn't remember his love for him.

"I'll call you often. I won't see you I presume, and it would be too much painful to not hear your voice everyday. I know it sounds annoying, but please give me that at least. It would be your Christmas gift to me."

"I will." he heard Jongdae whispered, and he felt his hand slipping away.

 

After the outpourings of Mrs. Kim and Baekhyun when Jongdae returned back home, the family sat around the dinner table.

"Omma, why do you put a fifth cutlery ? Isn't it just family ?" Jongdae asked when he sat down, his brother taking the spot next to him.

"It's just family honey. Family."

 

"Sehun, don't you come eat with us ?" Kai asked.

"Nope." the blonde smiled, styling his hair. "I have plans tonight."

"Hooooooo" Tao said rather childishly.

"Yah, you aren't in position to criticize. You clinging baby." Sehun huffed.

"Hey, where does he takes you ? You said he was a lawyer right ? He must have money."

"I don't give a damn. I just want to see him."

"Awww, our Sehunnie is in Looooooooooooove !" Chanyeol laughed.

"Shut up !" the maknae shouted. "I don't care, no one can spoild my mood tonight."

"How come ? Those brats are pretty annoying..." Kyungsoo melted in.

"It's been days I haven't see him. We didn't phone much either. I guess he was very busy with his work and have no time to spare."

"You are so understanding Sehunnie ! That's very mature of you." Kyungsoo beamed. "Shame on you ! Our maknae is wiser than you three added." he told s.

"I'll go now. Is my hair ok ?" he asked, a bit nervous. He was so different than his usual self when it comes to him.

"You're very handsome Sehunnie." Kyungsoo reassure him. "If you come back late, make sure he drops you here. I don't want you alone in the streets at night, araji ?"

"Deh omma, I'll go now !" Sehun playfully said before living the dorm.

 

They were in the middle of the dinner when the door bell rang.

"Who's that can be ?" Jongdae asked, looking at his parents.

His mother only smiled and get up to answer the door. There was sound of voices in the entrance, and then his mother came back with a very unexpected visitor.

"My poor boy !" Mrs. Kim told him, putting a hand on his jaw. "How slender you became, tt tt tt ! I knew you must have been neglected your supply ! Having your family business to run must be a lot of work, but it shouldn't stop you from eating well. Just sit and eat, would you. I will put the flowers in a vase."

Jongdae was still in awe and watched the scene, looking at his mother going to the kitchen and his father get up.

"Abeoji." he said, bowing formally when he saw the elder come to him.

"Joonmyeon. It's so nice to have you here." his father said.

They had a hug, the one of filial feels, before his father insisted for him to sit next to him, and so in front of Jongdae.

"How are you Baekhyun-ah ?" he asked when he sat down. "It's been a while I haven't seen you around."

"As if studying to Yonsei was a sinecure. I have enough work to burry myself in it."

He chuckled.

"You know you can always come to me when you enconters difficulties. Law is quite my thing."

"Yeah, Mister Perfect, I haven't forget." Baekhyun laughed. "How have you been anyway ? Krystal was complaining the other night you barely come to the meetings anymore."

"You know, now that I am the boss of a law firm with several affiliates and thousands of employees, I don't have much time to party anymore."

"I know you are a workaholic, but I don't believe you. I think you are seeing someone."

"Well, I guess you'd never know." Joonmyeon concluded michievously.

After the end of Baekhyun and Joonmyeon little talk, their mother reappered and the dinner continued smoothly. It was a bit awkward at first for Jongdae, but soon he felt back on the old days. Joonmyeon had always been a part of their family. Since he could remember, he had been there, first of all as a brother. Here he was safe, in family.

 

Sehun walked to the subway when he heard his message dial tone. He smiled and took it of his pocked, in a hurry to read it. His smile fade away immediately.

► Suho

My desk is on the verge of collapsing under the weight of files. I'll probably stay overnight. Sorry.

Sehun walked to a street restaurant he knew nearby his dorm and drank alone until he reached his limit. He still has to go back home. He made it, even if his steps were a little uneasy. As he came in the dorm, it was still early in night, so the other members weren't there. He get to bed straight way and cried himself to sleep.

 

Lay was drooping on his couch, a bottle of soju on hand. He didn't know how much he had drank, but there was quite a few empty bottle on the floor near him. He stared blankly at the TV screen, where a happy period of his life was displayed.

"Not in the water ! Yixing no !" Chen laughed when the waves hit his feet.

They were on the beach, walking at the seaside. Yixing had made a great surprise to his now husband by taking him in Bali for their honeymoon. Chen had squealed like crazy when he saw the plane tickets.

To revenge, Jongdae grabbed him by the arm and pulled him. Now they both had feet in the water.

"ChenChen, that's not nice of you !" Yixing pouted.

Chen started laughing, and Yixing followed soon after. They were pulling on each other, jocking around, but their hands always remained attached. They smiled, they laughed, they were happy. They loved each other.

"Hey Chen !"

"Hum ?" the younger turned back as he was facing the shore.

"Why did you said yes ?"

"Hum... Let me think... I think it's because I love you."

"And why do you love me ?"

"Oh, now that you ask, I can't came up with a reason... Why would I love you ? Hum..."

"Chen !" Yixing scoffed, sounding offended.

"Ok, ok..." the latter laughed. "I love you because you love me. You are nice and gentle and you're always taking care of me. You make me feel safe, and important, like irreplaceable. You feel like home. Like somewhere I belong. So I think that's why I love you. Without taking into account the fact you're a super y catch and amazing in bed."

"Yah ! Why did you spoiled the end !"

At that, Chen laughed and came just in front of him, cupped his face and kissed him with enough passion to steal his breath.

"I love you." Chen said softly, pecking his nose. "You're the best thing that happened to me. And now that you foolishly agreed to marry me, I would stay forever by your side, and never let you go."

Yixing realised he was crying when his vision became blurry. He had another sip of alcohol and remai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter