Valentine's Day Part 1

The Vow {Chenlay remake}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can' t believe it's been more than a year since I updated this story. As some of you might know, I decided to no longer write EXO stories. What happened to the group deeply affected me and the way it shattered was a real blow. I will nonetheless finish this story, as well as my other EXO fanfictions, though I can't say I long it's going to take. I apologize to everyone loving those stories for the long hiatus. I'll do my best to finish them.

 

“Joonmyeon ! You’re leaving early !” Sulli called from the reception desk when she saw him walking by.

“Yeah, I meet with Woobin tonight. He apparently has something he need to speak about.” Joonmyeon said before pushing the elevator button.

“Don’t drink too much, you have a meeting at 9 a.m. sharp.”

“Arasso.” He smiled at her. “Goodnight Sul.”

“Night Joon.”

 

Joonmyeon got back home, dropped his suitcase on the armchair and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. He put all his clothes on the clothes basket and changed into a more comfortable outfit to go meet his friend at their favourite hangout place, a typical American-designed bar. The Seven Stars was hidden place in Itaewon, perfect for night owls, insomniacs and those seeking the discretion.

Woobin was sitting in one of the bar’s stool, near the jukebox, which was their favourite sitting spot. It was far from the door to not feel air streams each time a new customer entered, and in a corner to be tranquil, apart from the other bar stools. Joonmyeon walked toward in friend and put a hand on his shoulder when he arrived behind him, making him turn a bit.

“Ah, Joon,” Woobin smiled, a Bourbon on the rocks already in hand, “you’re here.”

“I am.” He said, smiling back. Joonmyeon took off his leather and sat next to his friend, putting his jacket on the stool next to him.

It was still early, barely past 10 p.m. so they were the only customers. As soon as he seated, the familiar American barman came to him.

“What can I offer you ?” he asked in English.

“One Scotch please. Dry.” He answered back in the same language.

“How was your day ?” he asked his best friend.

“The usual. We are working on a big case now, and I can’t say anything.” He .

“I’m not curious anyway.” Joonmyeon shrugged. “I talked with your mother at the Exhibition event my parents threw recently. She seems impatient to see you tie the knot.”

“See ?” Woobin said, offended. “All mothers don’t want to lose their precious sons, but she is beyond happy ! She even started to pack my stuff you know ?”

“It’s because she’s not losing you to another woman.” Joonmyeon said. “If you were marrying a girl, it would be hard for her to let go.”

Woobin nodded to his wise words, playing with his couple ring, turning it around his finger.

“Soon your couple ring will be replaced by your wedding ring.” Joonmyeon said as he noticed his friend’s action. “Do you feel nervous ?”

“Not myself, but the possibility that Jongsuk gets cold feet at the last moment terrorize me.”

“Why would he ?”

“Maybe it’s too rushed for him. We may have known each other for over a year, we date only since seven months.”

“I’ve known Jongdae my entire life and was engaged to him for a year, it didn’t stop him from freaking out as you say and dump me a few weeks before the day we were supposed to get married. Time is not a proof of absolute safety, trust me on that.”

“Yeah, right… I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok.” Joonmyeon smiled at him to reassure him. “I’m happy now. After everything I endured, I was blessed by love again.”

“The guy I had arrested ?” Woobin said.

“Hum.” He hummed approvingly. “You know, it’s only been a year since I met him. But in that short amount of time, he made me overcome the feelings I held in my heart since the age of sixteen. Isn’t it extraordinary ? I spend ten years loving Jongdae, even after he broke all ties with me and crushed my heart in the process five years ago, but in one year… It took Sehun only one year to make a clean sweep of it and make me love him, even without meaning to.”

“That dude is for sure amazing.” Woobin nodded. “For the four years after your break-up with Jongdae, you got me so worried. You had periods when you slept around, changing partners like changing clothes, and depressive periods when you drank beyond reasonable. I was so worried about you during that time, worried that something might happen to you. I am very thankful that guy showed up. You became like your old self again. Too bad I hadn’t meet him.”

Joonmyeon smiled and took a sip of the scotch he hadn’t noticed until then.

“I’ll come with Sehun at your wedding.” He told Woobin. “You can meet him then.”

“Wait a sec, isn’t this guy an idol ?” Woobin asked, frowning.

“Yeah, I already told you that.”

“Maybe he shouldn’t come then.”

Joonmyeon turned toward is friend, surprised.

“Why is that ?” he asked, more harshly than he intended.

“Do you know Park Shin Hye ?”

“Isn’t she a reporter for MSC broadcasting station ?” Joonmyeon answered. “I see her on the news sometimes.”

“She is Jongsuk’ childhood friend and his maid of honour.” Woobin said. “Won’t that be a problem ? Since your boyfriend is an idol. And I won’t start on my little sister, who is a huge halyu follower and might recognize him as well.”

“Well, since it’s your wedding, I’m sure you can convince your dongsaeng to not make a fuss. Jongsuk too.” Joonmyeon said.

“Alright, I’ll talk to him.” Woobin agreed. “And to my sister, obviously. Which group you said he’s into again ?”

“EXO.” Joonmyeon answered.

 

“Baekhyun, it’s so lame you’ll miss Woobin’s wedding.” Jongdae told his brother on Skype.

“Woobin is more of Joonmyeon’s and your friend than mine, it doesn’t matter if I am here or not. Plus, I’m sure he will be understanding, considering the situation.”

“Speaking of Joonmyeon, he is Woobin’s best man.”

“Of course,” Baekhyun nodded on the screen, “he’s his best friend. Woobin is so lucky. Joonmyeon does the best speeches, no matter the occasion.”

“Yeah, he’s good.” Jongdae agreed.  “Obviously he will move everybody and we will end up crying.”

“Most likely.”

“I think he’ll come with Sehun.”

“Does it bother you ?” Baekhyun frowned out of concern.

“No. But I fear he won’t be at ease. Woobin is adorable, but the rest of his family is pretty much like ours.”

“He could befriend Jongsuk’s side, after all they are normal people.”

“Oh, really ?” Jongdae said. “I didn’t know he was a commoner. How did he and Woobin met ?”

“I don’t know the whole story, but Jongsuk is a doctor. Once Woobin went in the hospital he worked because of a case and they met that way.”

“I can’t believe all my childhood friends are getting married. It’s so frustrating !” Jongdae said.

“You got married before everyone !” Baekhyun retorted.

“It I don’t remember it.”

“I’m sure Yixing won’t mind if you want to get married again.”

“We are not that far yet.” Jongdae blushed. “How’s London ?”

“Amazing.” Baekhyun said dreamily. “My roommate is awesome. Her name is Elizabeth, but she rather be called Liz. She studies at Saint Martins, you know, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter