Friendly advice

The Vow {Chenlay remake}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I reammy wanted to post this chapter TODAY as your Christmas gift . I was away for Christmas with my family so I post this at... Oh my god, midnight past five in France !  I wanted to do it tommorrow but I wanted this to be on Christmas so there it is. Sorry for the messed up ending, I wrote it very quicky.

 

Jog make Yixing feel lighter. He always liked exercice, and he pratically did everytime because of his work, but morning jog were sacred for him. Mostly because it was an activity he shared with his closest friends. Every morning, they each left a drowsy grumpy boyfriend/fiancé/husband still hiding under the sheets while they met at Namsan Park to jog along the Han river at least three kilometers. They even had days schelule for it. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, their morning was reserved to jog together, while the others days were devoted to their other half. If all of the three looked forward to those days, it was mostly because aside jog, they talked a lot, whatsoever about work, or relationship trouble. And God, after the night he spent, Yixing was so happy it was Wednesday to complain to his best friends.

"It was like he was some sweater-set wearing, morito-drinking sorority boy." Yixing said.

"Like a Stepford wife ?" Luhan asked, frowning.

"Yeah, basically." Yixing said between two strides. "He was even flirting with Joonmyeon right in front of me." Yixing added, and even if he tried to sound angry, he mainly sounds hurt.

"You mean his ex-fiancé Joonmyeon ?" Kris inquired.

"No no no." Yixing had a sad chuckled. "In his mind, it's current fiancé Joonmyeon. Which is why it was probably pretty annoying to have his stranger husband acting as a er all night."

"Aish, that whole thing get more complicated by days !" Luhan exclaimed, upset.

The three men turned to the bridge as Kris asked a unexpected question.

"So, what's turn him on ?" Kris asked.

"Who, Chen ?" Yixing asked, surprised.

"No, his brother." Kris scoffed. "Of course, Chen !"

"You mean ually turn him on ?"

"Oh my Gosh Yixing ! I know you're the oblivious kind but this is too much !"

"What ? It's intimate. It's a between-him-and-me kind of thing." Yixing defended.

"Come on Yixing !" Luhan speak up. "We're best friends for how many years now ? We're not gonna judge."

"He likes being spanked." Yixing muttered, barely heard by the others.

"Seriously ?" Kris and Luhan gasped in synch.

"And I naively thought you weren't gonna judge." Yixing sighed.

"It's not like that." Luhan denied, looking at Kris for support.

"It's just... knowing Chen as innocent and bubbly... I didn't thought he was into naughty."

Luhan shot Kris a glare, huffing at him.

"True, it would have been less surprising if it was you." he tackled Kris with his words.

"Hey !" protested the Canadian, making his friends laugh. "I was just thinking you could give that a shot as a way to connect to him or something..."

Both Yixing and Luhan stopped, making Kris do as well, turning to them with a concern expression.

"What's wrong ?" he asked.

"I think that for once..." Yixing started.

"...you came up with a not-so-stupid idea." Luhan conclued.

"Yah !" Kris shouted, his little outburst completely ignored.

"You should try Yixing."  Luhan said.

"What ? No. I can't. It won't feel right to..."

"Bloody hell Yixing, why so much scupulousness ? To the point you are, with that Joonmyeon guy around, you have nothing to lose. Just give it a try."

"Ok, I'll think about it. Can we please pursue our jog ?"

And they did, until they reached they usual spot, a bench on the runners trail. Luhan get them bottles of water and launched to them their own, which they easely catch.

"Let's stop talking about my problems, ok ?" Yixing said, sitting on the middle. "So Luhan, how the wedding preparations advance so far ?"

Luhan gulp the third of his water bottle before sighing out loud deeply.

"Minseok's mother is so... let's say... eager to help. I know it starts from a good intention, but the more time pass, the more things get bigger and bigger. I'm even scared of what I put myself into, can you imagine ? I wanted a simple thing, like you and Chen had, but Minseok told me that, after his mother reviewed our guest list, we passed from forty to a thousand of people ! I mean please ! It's supposed to be our wedding ! She could at least take account of our opinion, instead of just doing as she pleased ! She control everything, from the location to the cake, passing by the suits we'll wear. I can't bear it anymore ! I even stopped to care about the organization since it's seems my opinion didn't have so muh of an impact..." Luhan sighed.

"Do you talked to Xiumin about this ?" Yixing asked softly, patting his back.

"I tried, but he is too scared to hurt his mother to say anything."

"Luhan, this is the backlash of marry a mama's boy" Kris said.

"Yah, you're not in position to talk, Mr. the so called College-Professor. Tao came to our place crying the other night, saying you've flirt with your students."

"Is that my fault if my students act like fangirls in front of my handsomeness ?" Kris uffed.

"Seriously this guy !" Luhan sighed to his smugness.

"Talking about work, how are you doing ?" Yixing asked.

"Well, I'm pretty busy now, preparing the exams... You know what it is, being a professor."

"I'm sure my job is less painful than being a Yonsei University lecturer." Yixing smiled.

"Well, I like what I teach, so it's not a bother for me. How about my Tao ? Does he do well ?"

"Tao is good at dancing." Yixing nodded. "The worst for him must be Korean learning. Thankfully Sehun help him a lot so..."

"Again this Sehun guy !" Kris growled. "Tao can't seem to stop claiming his praises. I'm sick about this guy, even thought I never met him."

"Ah ?" Luhan said, amused by Kris' obvious jealousy. "What does Tao said about him ?"

"Sehun-ah his so nice helping me with Korean. Sehun-ah dance so well that sometimes I stop to watch him. Sehun-ah hates doing aegyos but he is very cute." Kris said, imitating Tao's voice, making Luhan and Yixing burst out laughing.

"Come on Yifan, you know Tao is the kind of bubbly kid. He is always nice to and about everyone." Yixing said. "It's just friendship."

"Friendship my !" the other replied. "I'm sure that Sehun guy dream of getting in my baby's pants."

"Sehun is not that kind of guy." Yixing shook his head in denial.

"And you know that Tao only have eyes for you." Luhan pointed out.

"I know... It's just that, now he is so closed to debut, I think I'm getting scared. He will become famous, known by people all around the world. SM surely will made him  live in a dorm with EXO and soon he will perform worldwide. What if he found someone else ? Someone better than me ? I'm so scared of that."

"Yifan..." Luhan sighed, moving to the other side of the bench, making their friends between them as they pat his back.

"Tao loves you Yifan. He really does. Have some faith in him." Yixing said.

"Faith ? Are you ing kidding me ?" Yifan scoffed bitterly. "Chen and you were the couple I used to envy the most. Everything about you two was perfect. Look at you know. How could you tell me to belive in Tao's love blindly when you're about to lose your husband to another man ?"

"That was low Yifan." Yixing said, standing up.

"I'm sorry Yixing, I was upset, I didn't mean..."

"I think we should leave it at that." Yixing muttered before starting jog away from them.

"Yifan !" Luhand shouted at him seeing Yixing go, "what the hell were you thinking ? Don't you think he's hurt enough ?"

"I'm sorry... I just took my on frustration on him... I didn't meant to hurt him."

"Ah !" Luhan sighed. "Sometimes I really wonder what I will do of you two."

 

Jongdae get up early, when Yixing leaved for his jog.  He has breakfast (the one Yixing made and set for him on the kitchen table) before taking a shower. He brushed his teeth, washed his face with cleaning gel before putting his bb cream and curled his hair slightly, smiling proudly to the mirror when he was done.

Now he was standing in front of his open wardrobe, sighing. He had mostly regular jeans, sweatpants, baggy tops and sweats, and a few lumberjack shirts. Really, the lack of style (and brands) in his wardrobe make him wonder how he could turn like this. He didn't have so much trouble to dress now since he bought suitable clothing yesterday with his mother. So he dressed up in CK underwear, skinny beige chino trousers, pastel blue shirt and a dark blue blazer. He let a long silk scarf hanging on his neck and put hazel derby shoes before checking his black leather scatchel.

Strangely, even after years, he found his way into the subway naturally. He came out later, in the heart of Gangnam, looking around like a amazed child, a wide smile across his face. He walked several minutes, turned here and there, until he reached a high iron and glass building. He came in the elevator and pressed the fifteenth floor button, marked as :

Choi & Kim

Law Firm

His heels were banging lightly on the marble tiled floor of the entrance. He didn't asked his way to anyone. As long as he could remember, Kim Jongdae never announced himself. He just barged in like the little tornade he was. When he passed in front of the reception, he just greeted the secretary without stopping.

"Hey Sulli !"

"Hey..." the woman's jaw fell  as she looked up, amazed by recongnizing him. "Jongdae ?"

Jongdae took the left corridor before coming inside a office, the door being open. The man was on the phone, visibly talking about serious matters.

"Listen, I represent that client since years now, I know he wouldn't like to..."  he turned around and stopped talking when he saw Jongdae, shyly smiling, waving at him. The man held his hand, asking silently to stay still.

"Hum... Something important just euh ... popped up. I'm gonna call you right back. Okay."

He hanged up and smiled brightly.

"Hi."

"Hi." Jongdae said back.

"Please." the man said, designating one chair across his desk.

Jongdae nodded and sat up, crossing his legs, playing nervously with his hands as Joonmyeon sat in front of him, giving him a questionning look.

"So... You remember, that time in Jeju-do, when you told me you'd always have my back, no matter what ?" Jongdae asked

"The night on the yacht." Joonmyeon nodded.

"Mmm, yeah." Jongdae hummed, a bit relieved. "So... can you tell me what went down with us ?" he  nervously asked, fearing the answer, but Joonmyeon only smiled.

"Only you, Jongdae, can dump a guy, then come back requesting reasons."

"I dumped you ?" Jongdae echoed, astonished. 

"Yeah." Joonmyeon chuckled. "A cruel, hard, pre-wedding dumping."

Jongdae shooked his head in desbelief. "Why ?"

"Well," Joonmyeon chuckled, "that's a question that I, my family, all my friends and the few rebound guys who followed, we'd all love an answer to.

"Come on Joonmyeon. Seriously, I must have had some kind of reason..." Jongdae said, wishing deep inside he had.

After a moment of silence where Joonmyeon seemed ill-at-ease, he finally answered.

"You... You had changed. You talked differently. You dressed differently. You behaved differently." Joonmyeon stood up to lean on his desk, just in front of Jongdae. "You weren't sure about Law School anymore. And you definitely weren't sure about me anymore." he conclued sadly. 

Jongdae looked at Joonmyeon with incomprehension in his eyes, not understanding the decisions he made in the past few years.

"Did I gave your ring back ?" he asked.

"Yeah,"Joonmyeon nodded, "you did."

"Who has it now ?" he couldn't help but ask.

"No one yet." Joonmyeon smiled. "But I'm with someone. I've been with him for about a year now."

Jongdae nodded in understanding, but seemed a bit off, and Joonmyeon noticed it.

"I couldn't wait forever Jongdae." Joonmyeon stated.

"Yeah... You couldn't have anticipated that I'd have a brain trauma and forget our break up and come waltzing into your office demanding reasons... What's wrong with you ?" Jongdae frowned, joking.

Joonmyeon burst out laughing, followed by Jongdae.

"I'm sorry." the younger said. "I'm gonna let you go back to work."

Jongdae stood up and they hugged each other. Joonmyeon wrapped one arm around the younger's waist, the other resting in his back, as Jongdae hang his own around the older's neck. For a moment, Joonmyeon nuzzled in Jongdae's hair, seemed to get lost in his scent, while Jongdae sighed of relief on Joonmyeon's embrace.

"Suho." Jongdae muttered. "The nickname I gave you. Suho(1). Because being like this, in your arms, made me feel protected."

They parted a little, looking in each other's eyes, before leaning closer. The kiss was slow and soft, tinged with a pleasant familiarity. They stopped after a few seconds, both cramped.

"Sorry." Joonmyeon said as Jongdae whispered "I'm sorry." at the same time.

"Wha..." sighed Joonmyeon. "I wasn't expecting that."

"Habit, I guess." Jongdae muttered, slightly blushing. "It just seem so unbelivable to me that I shut everyone out for five years." he bit his lower lip, feeling like crying. "It sounds crazy."

Joonmyeon put a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it to comfort him.

 

"Alright guys !" Lay said when he entered to the dancing room. "I just got some news about your debut."

The five boys seating on the floor squealed of excitement. Sehun, Tao and Chanyeol taped the ground to mimic the roll of drums.

"SM just appointed the person who whill be your manager. You will met him tonight, a dinner is organized."

"Yeah !" Sehun and Tao shouted when they heard the mention of free food.

"The other news is... Well, I could I say that..." Lay sighed, passing a hand through his hair. "Well, let's say SM decided that since your debut is soon, you will lived together in a dorm from now on. It's not a big change for D.O. and Kai because they already lived in SM trainee's dorm but... For those who still live with their parents..." he looked at Chanyeol and Sehun, "or else..." he looked at Tao, "I'm sorry to say that you will move in your new home this week-end. I'm sorry it's so sudden, but I just got the news."

"That's so cool !" Chanyeol exclaimed. "Now I could be with my Kyungsoo at every moment !"

The tall rapper put an arm around Kyungsoo's waist while the other tried to kick him away, growling "Get the hell away from me."

"I guess it won't be that bad." Sehun relativized. "We're all friends after all."

Everyone started to share comments on their new life of flatsharing, except Tao. The Chinese boy stayed quiet, assimilating the news.

"Tao..." Lay whispered, worried by his silence and his shocked face.

Suddenly, Tao burst into tears, quickly running out of the room. Sehun was about to stand when Lay said "I'll get him."

He found the younger on the restroom, sitting against his locker, hugging his knees, his whole body trembling as he sobbed and cried his soul out.

"Tao." Yixing said softly, hurt by his friend's breakdown. "Tao-er(2), talk to me." he said, sitting next to the younger, patting his shoulder.

"XingXing gege..." Tao sobbed in a broken voice. "I don't... I don't want to leave him."

"I know..." the elder muttered, stoking his hair.

"How could I live without him ?" Tao asked with teary eyes. "He always pampering me. He makes sure the towels are warm because I hate wrap myse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter