Let it Snow

12 Miracles in December

A/N: A number of the OTP chapters are just short, but sweet epilogues on what happened between the characters in the said relationship. And thanks for subscribing and trying to follow my OT12 fanfic. Hope you enjoy the next short stories I will write and publish for you guys.

 


The cold, misty air blew the surroundings as the afternoon continued in silence and disappointment. Luhan was left alone kneeling on the ground, still weeping about Sehun’s loss. Luhan couldn’t do anything at that point as his eyes made a continuous flow of tears. His view was dark—only with a faint glow of Sehun’s once pure face turning into a disappointed one.

 

“Why did you do this to me?” His conscience echoed in Sehun’s voice within his head. Luhan couldn’t take it anymore. The guilt finally seeped in deeper in his heart.

 

Minseok was just in a state of shock the whole time because he never expected this thing to happen. It was so sudden, and Luhan just to kiss him right there and then. He felt really bad for Sehun. The purity of his smile when Minseok saw him changing into a dreadful look on his face had to be traumatic.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan cried out on the sidewalk.

 

Immediately, Minseok ran to Luhan’s side and bent down to comfort him. Minseok softly caressed Luhan’s shoulder and slowly brought his hands down until he was able to wrap his arms around Luhan. The warmth of Minseok’s embrace enveloped Luhan’s whole body until he was able to calm down. Slowly, Luhan leaned his head on Minseok’s shoulder, and they slowly stood up. Minseok smiled as he swayed slowly.

 

“It’s okay,” Minseok whispered.

 

Luhan was finally able to collect all his feelings as his crying gradually mellowed. He sniffed one last time and finally spoke.

 

“He’s… gone.” Luhan his lips, and tasted the saltiness of his tears. “And it’s all my fault.”

 

Minseok just made Luhan rant. He thought that it was time for him to say it before things get worse; that he would tell Luhan what he wanted to in the first place.

 

“Lu ge—I mean… Luhan.”

 

Luhan turned to Minseok with swollen eyes.

 

“I… I th-think it would be better—”

 

“If we broke up?”

 

Minseok paused for a second and nodded.

 

“Well, I think it’s too obvious, right?” Luhan laughed.

 

“I’m sorry, Luhan.”

 

“No, Minseok, I’m sorry. I was the person who dragged you in this mess.”

 

“I’m sorry for not telling you immediately. If I did this wouldn’t happen—”

 

“If I hadn’t cheated on Sehun, this wouldn’t happen, Minseok.”

 

Minseok looked at his surroundings for a moment and sighed. He hugged Luhan tighter before finally letting go. There they were, face-to-face. Minseok gave a huge, assuring smile and chuckled.

 

“It will be alright, Luhan.”

 

Luhan suddenly smiled after all the stress he’s gone through. “Thank you.”

 

“We’ll stay as friends, okay?”

 

“Okay,” Luhan nodded.

 

“Even if I’m not a trainee anymore.”

 

“Okay,” Luhan chuckled.

 

“Make an effort to talk to me—”

 

“Yah! Okay, okay!” Luhan laughed and Minseok laughed along with him..

 

It took some moments before they finally settled down.

 

“You’ll be alright now?” Minseok asked softly as he looked sincerely into Luhan’s eyes.

 

Luhan took a few seconds to breathe and with an unsure “I’ll try…”

 

Minseok rubbed Luhan’s back for assurance.

 

“I think I should ask you that since you’re not a trainee anymore.”

 

“I told you, it’s not for me. I’ll be fine,” Minseok insisted.

 

Suddenly a very awkward silence befell on them. They were both waiting for the other person to talk, and they just found it ridiculous. After a few seconds, they both gave in to laughter.

 

“Oh, Minseok,” Luhan said in the middle of the laughter.

 

“Y-yeah?” Minseok was still caught chuckling.

 

“Do you want to go to the Christmas Tree-lighting ceremony? I’ve always wanted to go every year.”

 

“This is not a date okay?” Minseok said in a strict tone.

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Luhan stuck his tongue out. “So, you up for it?”

 

“Sure!”

 

‘Listen to your conscience’ is probably one of the most overused saying, along with ‘honesty is the best policy’. But, the fact still remains that these sayings are right, especially since they’ve been around for a long time; Luhan and Minseok learned to value these the hard way. They both had messed-up days and got worse when Sehun found out about everything. But in the end, they were able to find their miracles in December: Conscience, and Honesty.

So, let it snow. Let nature take its course. Luhan and Minseok faced reality and moved on. 'Que sera, sera.' Because based on nature, whatever will be, will be.

So, let it snow. Let nature take its course. Go with the flow with that you think is right; with what your conscience says, and what honesty brings forth.