Purity

12 Miracles in December

PURITY ft. Oh Sehun

 

The misty light seeped through the blinds and got into the sleeping teen’s bedroom.

 

The teen turned and faced the other direction. He grabbed the thick blanket that was over him and hugged it tight due to the cold air that enveloped him. It got him a few more twists and turns before he finally opened his eyes and stared blankly into space. He stretched his arm out to reach for his mobile phone on top of the side table.

 

“Good morning jagiya,” he greeted sleepily as he stared on his mobile phone’s wallpaper.

 

After much adoration on his boyfriend's picture placed on his mobile’s screen, he smiled and his eyes enlarged. He bit his lower lip and decided…

 

“Are you going to be home later today after training?” he typed on his mobile phone and sent it.

 

He took one last look at his phone and stood up.

 

----------

 

Sehun was styling his hair in front of the mirror when he saw the reflection of his mobile phone light up from behind him. He quickly turned and checked his phone. His face brightened up as he saw the text message of his “jagiya”.

 

Lulu: Neh, as always. Why? :)

 

Sehun: Ah… nothing ^^” I was just asking…

 

Lulu: Kekeke… okay. I got to go. Training. Then it’s lunch time~ om nom nom~ ^o^

 

Sehun: Do good~ I love you <3

 

Lulu: I love you too :)

 

He smiled more than ever. “I better get ready then,” he said.

 

Sehun plans to surprise his boyfriend by spending the late afternoon with him and going out on a date when night time comes. He grabbed his wallet and made sure there was still sufficient money inside to last him the whole day. After changing, he grabbed his coat on the hanger and went out of the house.

 

“Umma, I’ll be out!” he shouted as he closed the door.

 

Sehun got his mobile phone and texted his close friend, Joonmyun about it.

 

Sehun: Hyunggie!

 

Junmama: Neh Sehunnie?

 

Sehun: Today is a good day ^///^

 

Junmama: Why? Kekeke~

 

Sehun: I’ll tell you later today when everything’s done.

 

----------

 

Sehun was a happy kind of person. He would always look about the brighter side of things, which helped when he and Luhan didn’t meet up as much. Luhan is currently a trainee of a popular Korean entertainment and ever since he started training, meeting with Sehun became less frequent until they finally couldn’t meet up anymore. It’s been this way for 6 months.

 

It only seemed like yesterday when Luhan first asked Sehun to be his boyfriend. Sehun was left speechless. Since it was his first relationship, he didn’t know how to react, or what to do.

 

“Haha,” Luhan giggled.

 

“W-what… what’s-s so f-funny?” Sehun remembered looking away because he thought he was blushing.

 

What he can’t forget was when Luhan pulled him close and kissed him. His first kiss—their first kiss. “I think this is the part when you say, ‘yes I’ll be your boyfriend’ to me,” Luhan added in a whispering tone.

 

Sehun had to prevent himself from smiling like an idiot since the feelings inside him were going wild as he remembered that exact moment and how he gave his sweet ‘yes’ to Luhan.

 

----------

 

Sehun was looking left and right as he was looking for good clothes he can buy when he meets Luhan again after a long time. One dress shirt caught his eye—it was sky blue, and its collar and cuffs were white. He smiled and quickly entered the store without any doubt.

 

“Excuse me,” he asked the saleslady, “how much is that dress shirt?”

 

The saleslady turned and smiled. “Which one?”

 

Sehun looked back and pointed at the sky blue dress shirt displayed outside. “That one please.”

 

After telling him the price, Sehun’s eyes squinted and he irked inside. “I guess I can fit this in my budget.”

 

The saleslady giggled. Sehun inferred that she was a young intern. “Buying th-that one sir?”

 

Sehun nodded.

 

“I’ll be checking in our s-stock room.” The saleslady smiled sweetly. “What s-size?”

 

“Small, please,” Sehun replied eye-smiling.

 

The saleslady bowed and headed to the back of the store. While waiting, Sehun looked around the store if he could buy something cheap to put over his dress shirt. Everything was just over his budget. He decided to settle with the coat he has on right now. Good thing it matches the dress shirt.

 

“Here you are sir,” the saleslady said shyly. “The fitting room is there at the back…”

 

Sehun bowed and thanked her. After changing his clothes, Sehun looked at himself in the mirror.

 

“Uwaah…” The saleslady exclaimed softly. “So handsome!”

 

Sehun looked at her and smiled. “Thanks.”

 

He looked at the mirror and remembered Luhan. He envisioned Luhan behind him; he was slowly hugging Sehun from behind. That day Luhan treated him out for his birthday played vividly in his head.

 

“Do you like it? I’m afraid it might be too big for you—”

 

“It’s perfect,” Sehun turned to Luhan. “I love it. Thank you…”

 

He remembered Luhan’s soft smile and how he approached him this time—how their lips touched, how they didn’t care that people could see them—

 

“Take it, sir, you look so handsome in it,” Sehun warped back to reality when he heard the saleslady talk again.

 

“Who’s the lucky girl?” She asked with a smile.

 

Sehun laughed lightly. “Lucky guy actually.”

 

The girl covered and blushed, “Oh that’s so sweet. He’s so lucky.”

 

“I’m the lucky one. He’s my first boyfriend.”

 

“I see,” The girl eye-smiled. “I hope you guys last.”

 

----------

 

Sehun came out of the salon with his hair trimmed and styled. He quickly looked at himself in the mirror and was satisfied with his appearance.

 

“Luhan will love this.”

 

Sehun looked at his wrist and checked the time. “Almost two in the afternoon. I still have time.”

 

All he ever thought about while walking out of the mall was Luhan. He loved Luhan so much. Sehun was a pure soul. He always thought that this was love: all good, sweet, and positive. He never experienced any troubles with Luhan except not being able to see him. They text frequently, though. Sehun knew how busy his boyfriend was.

 

“HEY!” Sehun was startled when he heard someone scream behind him.

 

As he turned back, he saw a kid running his way and quickly passed him. There was a rather tall person who was chasing the kid. He stopped in front of Sehun and bent down to catch some air.

 

“Flowers..?” Sehun wondered as he saw the bouquet of roses the guy was holding.

 

“He…” the guy panted. “Stole my money…”

 

Sehun didn’t know what to reply.

 

The guy looked up at Sehun and smiled. “Sorry for the trouble.”

 

“Excuse me?” Sehun just couldn’t help himself. “Where did you buy those flowers?”

 

“Over—” he coughed. “There,” he pointed at the store behind him.

 

Sehun smiled. “Thanks. Oh, and I hope you get your money back.”

 

“Nah… that’s as good as gone… oh well…” the guy sighed.

 

Sehun wanted to ask further but he might forget the plan he just came up with. Well, before he was able to say goodbye, the guy just left, sulking. Sehun didn’t mind him anymore and just proceeded into the flower shop. Holding the rose in hand, he headed straight for the bubble tea store.

 

“Luhan will love this.”

 

“Two vanilla peppermints please,” Sehun was in a very happy disposition since he was patting the counter table with his hands. “With normal sugar level, pearls, and chocolate sprinkles on top, thank you.”

 

Bubble tea was his and Luhan’s favorite pastime. When Luhan just started becoming trainees, they would meet in this bubble tea shop and spend time together. Luhan would tell him his experience and Sehun will just listen and look proud. Buying bubble tea for him this time will just relive the past. It has been a long time.

 

Sehun received the bubble tea and smelled the aroma that it exuded. He was ready. Just in time too.

 

----------

 

Luhan used to tell Sehun that his training ends at around four during those days and then resume after dinner. If his calculations are right, he would reach Luhan’s house in time.

 

Sehun was all smiles—excited that he will finally be reunited with his boyfriend. Dressed and groomed properly, with a flower, and their favorite flavor of bubble tea, he is more than ready. Step by step, his confidence slowly increased, his walking speed increased, and the thought of him was the only thing he was thinking of.

 

And he just stopped walking.

 

Sehun’s whole body froze as his hands turned cold. His sight suddenly became dark and blurry, until he could only see him… until he could only see them.

 

His smile was still fixated on his face even after the event.

 

Each second of Luhan’s lips on the other person’s lips killed Sehun inside. Uncertainty and denial filled every inch in his body as he thought that this was just a joke, or he was just seeing things, or the day was too good to be true, that’s why this was just part of his dream-slash-nightmare.

 

When Luhan and his other finally pulled away from the kiss, the other guy noticed Sehun standing from a distance and his eyes widened. It was like Luhan asked ‘why’ before he turned around and also saw Sehun.

 

That’s when their eyes finally meet.

 

Sehun’s pure and innocent eyes pierced through Luhan like a bullet. The cold air enveloped them when Sehun’s smile just disappeared when he realized it too late. The once upright crescent flipped downward as tears welled up in his eyes. He just dropped everything he held and turned away. The bubble tea, wasted, the rose, dirtied.

 

“Sehuna!” Luhan shouted as he tried to catch up with Sehun. “Sehunnie, please, wait!”

 

Luhan finally caught up with Sehun and grabbed his wrist and pulled him.

 

“Please, Sehunnie, it’s—”

 

“Don’t you dare call me that,” Sehun replied softly.

 

“I need to explain—”

 

Sehun turned to face Luhan. “Explain what, huh? That you’ve been cheating behind my back? That the reason why you don’t even bother seeing me anymore is because you found someone else to be with? Well, screw me for interrupting your day!” Sehun wriggled his wrist out of Luhan’s grip and started walking away.

 

“But Sehu—”

 

Sehun turned back and punched Luhan on the face. “I never want to talk to you again, bastard.”

 

Luhan knelt and cried, touching the area Sehun punched. Sehun, on the other hand, despite standing up for himself, he still cried continuously as he scurried away, fragile and helpless.

 

“This is bulll.”