E

The Sun and the Moon

“Prince Chan.”

Himchan turned around and saw his mother holding out his clothes towards him.

“Today is the big day. Please behave, Prince Chan,” the Queen reminded him.

Himchan sighed and looked outside. He saw his younger brother, Daehyun, laughing and playing with another young boy.

“Who is that, mother?” Himchan asked.

“Prince Hyun was assigned a personal guard,” the Queen answered. “I’m leaving to get him ready, so please get dressed.”

The Queen left and Himchan sighed again. He was not ready. Then again, when was he ever ready?

Himchan put on his robe (he still had some difficulty by himself), before pacing around the spacious room.

After awhile, the Queen walked back inside.

“You look lovely, Prince Chan!” she cried, before setting his headpiece on his head. “I think we’re ready to go. The princess should be arriving soon,” she said with twinkling eyes.

“Yes, mother,” Himchan replied and he followed his mother through the palace corridors before stepping outside.

Himchan slowly made his way to the palace garden, where the royal wedding would be talking place. His wedding.

Himchan swallowed loudly and was about to start panicking when he heard a familiar voice.

“Hyung!”

Himchan turned around and saw Daehyun running towards him with a bright smile on his face. Someone was trailing behind him and running to catch up.

“Hyung!” Daehyun cried again, throwing his arms around his older brother.

Himchan was about to protest when he heard his mother say “Please behave, Prince Hyun,” before pulling Daehyun off.

“Mother,” Daehyun bowed. His eyes flickered nervously before he smiled brightly again.

“Please take Prince Hyun to be seated,” the Queen ordered the young boy standing quietly behind Daehyun. The young boy bowed before escorting Daehyun away.

Himchan looked at the retreating figure of the young boy. He was definitely younger than him.

The young boy suddenly turned around and his eyes met Himchan’s.

Himchan stared back and his heart stopped. The boy was absolutely beautiful.

Himchan kept staring until their eye contact was broken off by the young boy, who bowed and turned back.

He had to know his name.

Suddenly, the sound of drums was heard and Himchan was escorted to where the ceremony would take place.

Himchan looked up at his father and mother, who were sitting down and watching proudly. He saw his brother sitting near his father, the young boy standing behind Daehyun. He also saw his future father-in-law, Sir Yongguk, and his wife sitting near his mother.

Himchan turned away and saw a carriage being carried towards him. He knew the bride, no his wife, the future Queen, was sitting inside it.

The carriage was put down and a beautiful young girl was led out. She looked around before spotting Himchan and smiling brightly at him.

Himchan nodded before turning away.

Before he knew it, the ceremony had begun and they were soon pronounced husband and wife, the future King and Queen.

That night, Himchan and his new bride were prepared for bed and then escorted into the Prince’s quarters together. They lied in bed together, and were finally left alone after a long, hectic day. Himchan knew what most of the palace were hoping for tonight, but Himchan couldn't bring himself to do it. He was only fifteen. And the Princess was only thirteen, for crying out loud! Himchan turned his body away from the Princess before quickly falling asleep. Not a word was exchanged between them.