Chapter 5

My Husband's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He returned to the halls with a towel on his hand  after drying his son and tucking the little guy into bed. Upon arriving in the living room he saw the strange woman still standing there, observing the room as water dripped off her hair into the carpet.

"Here." He offered her the towel, to which she politely accepted. He watched her as she ran the towel through her hair, and couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity around the woman. "How did you find my son?"

"I saw him hiding in a bush outside from all the thunder." She answered, hugging herself against the chilly feel of water on her skin. "Poor little thing. He was really scared."

"Thank you."

"It's...nothing." She smiled nervously. Just standing in the mansion made her anxious. She kept having visions of Mrs. Choi bursting through the doors at any moment and dragging her outside by her hair. "I'll get going now."

She handed the towel back to him, and her hand glided against his for the slightest moment.

"How did..." His wife stopped short upon seeing the woman in the living room. "Who is she?" 

"She saw our son outside and brought him to us." He said with appreciation. But his wife stood there and stared at the woman with an indescribable look, as if she knew the female. 

"Hello." Bom bowed. 

After a few moments of staring at the woman, his wife finally spoke. "Thank you for bringing him here." Her tone sounded curt and short, and Seunghyun thought he detected some hostility in it.

"I'll take my leave now." She should go before his wife decided to pounce on her. 

"It's still raining cats and dogs out there right now." He stopped the woman. "You should wait here and get warm until it stops." His wife looked at him upon hearing that. 

"No...it's...it's fine really." The woman held out her hands. "I'll be fine."

It was only common etiquette to shelter the woman who helped their son, yet Seunghyun didn't get why his wife wasn't backing him up and insisting the suggestion. 

"Then at least let me you to your house." He offered. The least he could do was accompany the woman through the storm. 

No! She thought.

"No, it's fine. Really." She smiled nervously. He could not find out where she lived. "I can go by myself."

"I insist," he smiled, moving to open the doors. At that moment his brother in law Taecyon showed up on the front doorstep drenched.

"I can take her." Taecyon declared. Seunghyun thought he saw the woman's shoulders sag with relief. It was also strange how Taecyon was offering to accompany a stranger, especially when he had been out in the big storm himself. 

"All right." Seunghyun stated. "Take care. Thanks again." 

The woman bowed politely once more before leaving with Taecyon. Before they disappeared he even saw Taecyon draping an arm around the woman's should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter