Chapter 3

My Husband's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She slowly opened her eyes, blinking hard against the intrusive light that stabbed right into her vision. Groggily, she tried to wake up, but immediately halted when a sharp pain shot through her head. She reached up, and felt a bandage wrapping all around the sides of her head. Now that she was slowly coming to, she realized she was laying on a small wooden cot. She tried to move her arms and legs, and exhaled a silent grateful breath when her toes and fingers wiggled comically. She slowly used her hand to support herself and sat upright on the cot, and when she swung her legs over the side if the cot she saw that her scratches and bruises were tended with strips of bandage around her thigh.

Where am I? She asked herself.

It looked like a spacious wooden shed. She could see wooden tables and shelves lined up with various tools. On the walls were fishing rods and other things. Boxes laid opened and unopened on the ground, and a medic kit laid not far from where she was. There were cracks in the wood all around, and slivers of sunlight shone through.

She recollected tripping over the edge and rolling down the steep hill, but couldn't remember what followed. She vaguely remembered being carried, but her head was too hazy then and she just drifted unconscious.

She heard footsteps scrunching against the gravel, and turned to look.

A human figure filled the doorway, and judging from the broad shoulders and height, it was a man. She couldn't really see his face because of the sunlight behind him, but his features slowly emerged as he walked into the shed with a pile of wood on his shoulders. 

The man strolled in wordlessly, dumping the woods on the bare ground and barely casting her a glance. He had defined jawlines, black hair, and fierce eyes that suggested an air of intimidation about him. He had built physique, and enough muscles were shown through his t-shirt so that people would know he wasn't someone to mess with.

"E...excuse me?" was suddenly dry when the man slowly turned to her with a disinterested expression on his face. From this angle, the man was gruffly good-looking. "Where am I?"

"Shed behind the mansion." He said, and there was a certain depth in his voice that made him even more intimidating. His answer was curt, as if he expected her to know which mansion it was. Only the Choi's had a mansion in this remote lakeside town.

The fact that she was right behind the Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter