Epilogue

My Husband's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years later...

He sat inside the coffee shop, staring out the windows at the people passing by. The streets of Seoul were always bustling, night or day, and it was a refreshing change from the isolated silence back in his hometown. People had places to go, other people to see, things to do, ambitions to pursue...He felt just like one of them, wading between the waves of life just as a fish in a big pond.

Alone by himself, Seunghyun mused over the drastic changes over the past years. The most drastic was probably his divorce with his wife. No matter how hard he tried to go on normally for the sake of his son, he couldn't help but feel like everything was wrong when he looked at his wife. Everytime he looked at her, Park  Bom's face appeared, and the knowledge that his wife purposefully shunned the woman would cause him sleepless nights. He couldn't go on with his wife happily like before. He felt like everything she said and did were out of guilt, and it was as if she was always walking on egg shells around him.

Of course, a marriage couldn't last long with that. So, not wanting to make his wife the bad guy, he proposed divorce. Just as he thought, she was uncertain and refused the idea. But he knew she was also tired, and that she craved for a new start just as much as he did. And so they parted ways, with him giving custody of his son to her. Every month he visited little Seunghyun, and he always felt guilty when he saw the boy's face. 

Seunghyun and his family were on civil terms, but he seldomly saw them now that he moved to Seoul. They were probably miffed by the fact that he just packed his bags and left, yet he knew they didn't really have a problem with it. Facing his mother after what he found out years ago disrupted the facade, and it was better that he visited them sometimes with smiles and small talks than staying with them and mulled over arguments.

When he first landed in Seoul, he didn't know what on earth he was doing. Soon enough, he got himself a job at a mediocre business firm through some connections and used his experience to work as a business manager. Over the years, he got promoted and eventually took on a bigger job at a bigger company. He did well, considering that he came from a place that was vastly different from Seoul.

Amidst all these changes, he thought about Park Bom from time to time. His mind would replay the last time they saw each other like an old record, and he would tread upon the land of what-ifs and could-have-beens. He wondered about where she was, what she was doing, if she was well, if she found her own happiness with Taecyon,...

Today was one of those days. He put his hands in his pocket and stared faraway into the morning sky as the coffee taste lingered on his tongue. Life was like that, unpredictable and full of surprises. He would never have imagined himself being here 5 years ago. 

He paid for his coffee, and stepped outside the shop into the flow of people. He had the day off today, and as he watched people milling in the streets with their significant others in tow, he felt a sense of loneliness creeping into his heart. He started walking, just randomly, down the pavement. He passed by shops with attractive displays and inviting products. He passed by gleeful children playing here and there. 

At an intersection, he stood on the pavement and waited for the light to turn green with a crowd of others waiting to cross the street just like him. Fall was here, signaling it's arrival with an air of nostalgia hanging in the atmosphere. 

It was no use rehashing over the past. It was never too late to start over.

------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god! Are you serious?!!" Bom squealed, flipping open the wedding invitation as Taecyon smiled at her and nodded. She emitted an embarrassing high-pitched noise and dived in to hug Taecyon tightly. The man patted her back lightly and had to tell her that she was breaking his neck for her to get off.

"I'm so happy for you!!" She gushed, running her hand over the intricate designs of the card. There, in red cursive letters, were the invitation to his wedding. "Have you two picked out everything yet?!"

"She's taking care of everything. Everytime

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter