blood;

bittersweet christmas; a drabble collection

            Bile rose in Joonmyun’s throat. He fought the urge to vomit right then and there. Why? He thought. Why would he? Why today? Why the — Joonmyun tore his eyes from the sight and ran out of the bathroom, hyperventilating. The room spun and warped as he fumbled around his jacket for his phone before punching in exactly three numbers.

            “H-Hello? Yes yes, my—” His breath hitched. “—my friend. He’s in the bathroom. And... and there’s blood all over him and I—I don’t know what to do and oh my God I don’t understand why he would do that. I...” Joonmyun struggled to breathe properly. He gasped for mouthfuls of air and yet still felt like someone was strangling him. Anguish twisted his heart.

 

            Joonmyun vaguely heard the woman on the other end calmly requesting him to tell her what happened. He had opened his mouth but it was like fog had descended on his mind and so nothing came out. The phone clattered to the ground and Joonmyun sank to the floor on his knees. He broke down and cried, tears clouding his vision, guilt gnawing at his very soul.  I should’ve noticed that he was acting weirdly.  I should’ve asked. I should’ve been there. I should’ve helped him.

            Joonmyun stayed there when the paramedics came. He stayed rooted to that spot when they hauled away the limp, lifeless body on a stretcher. He stayed, watching the blood from the other boy’s wrist slide down and stain the white carpet. He stayed after they broke the news to him. Joonmyun stayed and sobbed endlessly.

            Yixing hadn’t made it.

            And he’d waited until Christmas, Joonmyun’s favorite holiday, to end his life. 


Word Count: 281

Ideas Used: Christmas Eve, EXO, Goodbye, Phone Call

 

Author's Note:

Yes, this is the second to last chapter. I hope you enjoyed the angst in this one and please comment! You could make me day. C'mon, please?