trolled;

bittersweet christmas; a drabble collection

            Baekhyun couldn’t shake away the cold feeling in the pit of his stomach. Something was off. Something was very very off. He stood there in front of the coffee shop with his red shoes denting the pristine snow and a green scarf billowing behind him. He thought about the phone call that had reached him less than a half hour ago. And about Chanyeol’s serious tone and the way he told him that they needed to “talk”. It terrified him because his boyfriend was never serious. Baekhyun felt a lump rise in his throat and tears threatening to fall. His lower lip trembled. What if Chanyeol dumped him? What if he didn’t love him anymore?

            The male flipped the hood of his white coat on as a gust of wind blew by, but made no move to go inside. He sighed. This was not how he imagined this particular day would go.

            He scowled at the thought before turning his attention back to the tinted glass door. There was no avoiding this anyway. He slowly exhaled and watched his breath take form before finally pushing the door in just as the mist dissipated.

 

            It turns out, Baekhyun’s mental preparation did nothing to prepare him for what came next.

            He almost hit the roof, eyes closed and screaming, when loud pops rang in his ears. A succession of “Surprise!” and “Merry Christmas!” then came, followed by loud clapping and cheering. The boy apprehensively cracked open an eye, to find confetti all over him as well as a grinning Chanyeol in a Santa suit, holding a red velvet cake in his hands.

            “You got trolled, baby.” He said, just as he mischieviously held a mistletoe above their heads and pulled Baekhyun in for a kiss. 


Word Count: 298

Ideas Used: Snow, Mistletoe, EXO, Romance, Red, Coffee Shop, Kisses, Velvet, Phone Call


Author's Note:

Ah... the fluff... Next drabble will be depressing. Please comment!