A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) NINE

A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic)

"Hyu~ung! I'm bored!" TaeMin whined. He was happily seated on the counter, taking up much of the space there without a care. Since he wasn't working he obviously didn't care that he was in the way. To be honest it was starting to bug JongHyun a bit... But then again, TaeMin's naivite always got to him at times.

"Yah! Don't you have homework to do or something?" JongHyun asked as he shifted boxes to the back room. After the rain came a massive heat wave which was ongoing today, too. He was sweating up a storm with all the boxes he was moving since hed been unfortunate enough to share a shift with Jessica. She didn't to anything but ogle him and take care of the register.

TaeMin huffed again, muttering something about homework being stupid and a waste of time. Jessica poked him in the ribs when he leaned too far back out of boredom.

"Uhm, excuse me, but you're all sweaty and blocking the fan," she said, pushing TaeMin up slightly.

TaeMin stuck his tongue out at her. He scissored his legs, kicking them against the counter, and puffing out his cheeks when he really started feeling bored. He insisted on coming to work with JongHyun but every time he came he always ended up whining about how bored he was. Three shifts he'd had to put up with this. The only good shift had been with Onew who had somehow managed to keep him amused with who knew what... He wished Onew were here now instead of Jessica...

"Is your shift almost done, hyung?" TaeMin asked.

JongHyun set down a box with a groan and took his time wiping sweat off his brow before turning to TaeMin. He gave him an exasperated face and said, "I barely just started TaeMin~ah; if you're so bored than go home. Call MinHo or something."

He was ignored. Which wasn't that surprising since TaeMin often forgot his existence when he didn't like the answer he got. A sigh left his lips and he went back to his box lifting.

There was a point in his work where JongHyun just got way too hot. Something about the heat and the arguing voices of TaeMin and Jessica made JongHyun feel like clothes were a nuisance and were just hindering his ability to work so he slipped his pink shirt off and ran a hand through his hair.

"What the hell is this?"

Everyone turned to see Key standing at the front of the store. One hand on his hip, one eyebrow cocked upwards with the sun in the back making him look God like. Instead of the swooning Jessica was giving him he had that similar pissed off, the world is my , haughty look on his face.

JongHyun stood there stupidly with his damp shirt in hand like he'd been caught stealing rather than cooling off. He was saved from explaining himself when Jessica grabbed her purse from under the counter and strutted past Key.

"Took you long enough," she huffed. "That kid is so annoying! I don't care if his friend is freaking gorgeous, I can't deal!"

"Yah! You asked me to take your shift because you're annoyed with him?!" Key screeched.

The two walked outside, shouting empty insults at each other until Key came storming back into the shop. He dumped his bag loudly on the counter without looking at either TaeMin or JongHyun. They both considered themselves lucky for that.

When Key made no move to socialize with either of the people in the same room as him they went back to what they'd been doing earlier. Box after box was lifted into the small store by the dying JongHyun; TaeMin continued to bang his feet on the counter while fiddling with some of the stuff on the counter which surprisingly didn't bother Key who had now pulled out food from his bag and started to set up a picnic in front of himself.

TaeMin's eyes widened triple time when he spotted that familiar carton of yummy goodness placed on the counter beside him. The staring didn't go unnoticed by Key. He felt awfully scrutinized by those brown eyes that flicked from his bevergage to him and back again.

Pulling out a pair of chopsticks, he snapped, "What? I was about to eat lunch when Jessica called."

TaeMin shifted shyly as if he had ants in his pants. The drink was calling to him but it'd be disrespectful to just take it or bluntly ask to have it.

"S-sorry," he muttered.Key raised an eyebrow at the oddly acting boy before shoving a piece of kimchi in his mouth. He was having a pleasant time standing there to be honest; after all, JongHyun was out there doing all the work he usually had to do while he had a feast in the calm store.

After one particularly heavy box, JongHyun stopped to catch his breath, leaning against the wall by the door. His eyes fixed on Key who had just finished eating the last of his food and was putting his containers away.

"Can't you do SOME work?" he asked.

The face he got in return couldn't be matched by any other.

"Uhm, I'm handicapped," Key said, holding up his arm still encased in a hot pink cast.

JongHyun rolled his eyes and picked up the box again, dropping it ontop of another. He was walking back to the door once more when he saw TaeMin eyeballing the banana milk container. He laughed loudly, patting his friend on the knee and causing him to blush.

"Watch your milk Key or TaeMin might take it from you," JongHyun said, walking back to the outdoors so he could bring in the last few boxes (who knew you could order this much sparkly crap?).

TaeMin was left blushing like a crazy maniac; he didn't need JongHyun announcing that like he had.

"You like banana milk?" Key asked, raising an eyebrow.

The boy nodded and focused his attention on the fluffy pens chilling out in the Hello Kitty cup. He heard Key shuffling about and from the corner of his eye he saw him step around the counter to a small fridge that he hadn't noticed before. He had his head shoved in there for a second before coming back to TaeMIn. A carton similar to the one that sat beside TaeMin was placed in his lap.

"Here," Key said, moving back to his earlier position.

The young boy's eyes widened to saucers. He debated whether or not to accept this and ended up saying, "I-I don't have money to pay for this!"

Key pulled some bills out of his pocket, pressed the button on the register and deposited them in. His banana milk carton was already penetrated by his straw so he took a sip of the beverage like nothing had just happened.

Stutters and half words fell out of TaeMin's mouth in a pouring of word vomit. He somehow managed to get a thank-you (or what he thought ot be one) out of his dribble.

"Thank-you, Key-ssi," he mumbed.

"Yah, call me hyung," Key said casually.

TaeMin felt shock barrel into him all over again.

"W-why?" he asked.

He saw the older boy roll his eyes and flip a page in the magazine he had whipped out suddenly. He said in a completely neutral tone, "I can't keep being mad at someone so cute."

JongHyun just so happened to walk by when he saw a dark red TaeMin digging into a carton of banana milk. He straightened up with a questioning look directed to his friend.

"Where'd you get that?" he demanded suspiciously.

"Key-ssi... Uh, I mean, Key... Hyung gave it to me!" TaeMin exclaimed. His cheeks plumped up as he smiled brightly. The small white straw was nearly swallowed whole due to the intense that TaeMin was doing.

"Did you just call him hyung?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

Since TaeMin seemed to be on cloud nine with his milk he didn't seem to notice the odd tone to JongHyun's voice.

"Ne~ he gave me banana milk!" he sang.

JongHyun's gaze moved to stare at Key who was studying the latest hand bags in his magazine. He felt stared at once more so he looked away from the glossy pages. He smiled up at TaeMin who was trying to up the last drops of milk.

"He's just too cute to resist~" he said, pinching TaeMin's cheek.

"And what about me?" JongHyun asked. jokingly but with a tinge of hope in his voice.

"Nice try dino head," Key said, walking off.

---

 

TaeMin on a straw... Stop thinking dirty you little s. Sorry for the typos if there are any. Good night and enjoy~