A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) EIGHT

A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic)

                Key watched TaeMin and JongHyun walk up the pathway to the quaint little house. The shorter male held an umbrella in one hand while the other stayed wrapped tightly around TaeMin. It was rather sweet how JongHyun cared for his friend. Key wished he could have kept watching the pair but eventually they disappeared behind the door and Onew began driving off.

                He drove down the dark street, water splashing up every now and again when the tire dipped into a puddle.

                “Why did you hire him, hyung?” Key finally asked. He saw the other sigh, leaning his head back as he stopped at a corner.

                “Key, I told you why already. He’s a nice guy who needed a job,” Onew said.

                He didn’t like that answer. There was something Onew wasn’t’ telling him which annoyed him a great deal. He was determined to get the answer out of him so he twisted his head to stare at his hyung.

                “You’re lying,” Key sang. He smirked when he saw Onew roll his eyes.

                “No I’m not,” he said.

                A diabolical plan started forming in Key’s mind. If Onew wasn’t going to straight out say it then he’d do everything he could to get him to tell him. What Key wants, Key gets. It was the joys of being a diva.

                “Fine then.” Key flipped the stereo on, fiddling around with it until the static turned to music. A popular girl group song played loudly throughout the car. Key knew it was a girl group that the other couldn’t stand which only made it easier for him to do what he had planned. He sang along to each word expertly, doing the dance moves that he could when sitting down with a cast weighing down his arm.

                Key purposely sang off key just to make himself even more annoying. His stitches were aching from the size of his smile but he was determined to get his way.

                Two more blocks down and Onew snapped. He flicked the radio off and cast a glare at Key.

                “Are you done?” he asked.

                “Are you going to tell me?” Key retorted.

                “There’s nothing to tell,” Onew sighed.

                The radio was back on in a flash. Key managed to belt out a total of three words before Onew switched the music off.

                “He’s the one who helped you. Plus, I don’t want anyone working alone anymore,” he explained.

                Anger. Was that it? No... Maybe annoyance? Yeah, maybe. Or maybe pure: WHAT. THE. HELL? Did Onew think he was so incompetent after that incident that he needed a display ruining dino dog to help him?

                His head moved slowly in a ticking pattern to fix a furious look on the older boy. It had little effect, though... One, because Onew was used to Key’s glares since he got them at least two times an hour and two, because his eyes were too busy watching the road to notice the stare he was receiving.

                Key growled, saying, “I don’t need anyone to take care of me. I was fine working alone before that stupid jerk came to rob us.”

                Onew let out a hefty sigh, pulling up into the driveway of Key’s house. Neither one of them made a move to open the door or step out. They stayed fixated on each other having a somewhat mini show down with their stares.

                “You could just come work with me. You could even get Jessica to work with me! You didn’t have to go and waste your money and hire someone new!” Key exclaimed.

                A chilling stare settled on Key. His own angry glare died down at the look he was getting. Onew looked all business right now as he gave his long time friend and employee a serious face.

                “It’s my store; I will hire whoever I want. I’m doing this for everyone. I can’t always be at the store and every time you and Jessica are together you get into cat fights,” Onew said.

                “Not true!”

                “Plus, JongHyun’s a student and needs the money,” he continued to explain, ignoring Key’s outburst.

                Key’s pink lips puckered up into a pout. He slumped in his seat in disappointment.

                “He ruined my display,” he mumbled childishly.

                His hyung chuckled at him and unbuckled his seat belt, saying, “Go home”

                “And he took my umbrella!” Key shrieked as he was pushed out the door. The rain started pelting down on his hair releasing a squeal from the girly man. He made it to his door in seconds, the slam resounding all the way to the car as it shut.

                Another chuckle escaped Onew. He shifted into reverse, ready to head home after an eventful day.