Not As Much As I Love You

Love

Friday came faster than Seokjin expected. He had just called Namjoon and he had informed him that Yunhee hasn't arrived yet, which gave him air to breathe for the moment. The previous night, Namjoon had told Yunhee to come in to the office at eleven and she gladly agreed to the idea. Seokjin parked his red, Aston Martin Vanquish Volante in the underground parking lot of the company. He fixed his skinny, black, silk tie in the rearview mirror of his car. Seokjin fixed the falling strands of his gelled up hair and checked his inner jacket pocket to see if his ring was in and a smile etched its way on his face. 

Seokjin got out of his car and shut the door. He felt his phone vibrate and took it out of his pocket. He saw Namjoon's name on his screen and swiped the screen, bringing his phone to his ear. "What's going on?" 

"Your flowers just came," Namjoon replied. "You did order three dozen pansies, a dozen lilacs,  two dozen daffodils, a dozen tulips and four dozen red roses." Namjoon listed off all of the orders that came. 

Seokjin nodded his head. "That's all of them." He said as he pressed the elevator button to take him to the main lobby. "I'll be there in five minutes." Seokjin informed Namjoon before he ended the call and tucking his phone safely in his pant pocket. He felt his heart palpate in his chest as the anxiety took over his body as he went up the elevator and exited at the lobby where he saw the workers of his friend-- Namjoon. Some bowed to him while others ignored him or they either didn't recognize who he was. He made his way towards the elevator and waited for a door to open. During the small wait, he kept taking deep breaths in and slowly exhaling. When the door dinged open, he stepped in along with a group of people. Seokjin waited for the elevator to stop at the 30th floor where Namjoon and Yunhee's office's were located. 

He stepped out of the elevator and saw Yunhee's office door open and flowers poking out of the door. Seokjin walked over towards Namjoons office and saw the male on the phone from the slightly opened door. Quietly, he slipped into the office and sat on the chair in front of his mahogany desk and saw Namjoon nod his head at him and returned the gesture. A few, short minutes later, Namjoon ended the call and looked at Seokjin with a wide grin on his face. 

"You're going to be engaged soon," Namjoon cooed, his grin growing wider than before. 

Seokjin shook his head and let out a small chuckle. He stood up and looked at the clock and saw it was half an hour before Yunhee was supposed to come to work. "I should go and get ready and fix the flowers before she comes." Seokjin told Namjoon before he left the office and softly closing the door behind him and making his way to Yunhee's office which was located next to Namjoons office and began rearranging the flowers to fit comfortably around her office. When he was finished, he realized the time was already 10:50. He quickly went out of the office and made his way to a hiding spot where Yunhee couldn't find him. 

 

Yunhee entered through the elevator and made her way towards her small office. She saw people gathered around her as she walked and she wasn't sure how to feel at the moment. Her heart began to pound in nervousness and her steps became cautious as she neared her office. Carefully, she opened the door and her eyes widened in surprise. Her heart stopped and a smile graced its way on her beautiful face. She saw her office decorated with countless flowers and endless notes on her desk-- which was covered in bright, yellow post-it-notes. Yunhee walked over to her desk and read the small messages and her smile grew wider than it already was. 

Walking out of her office, she saw Namjoon with a big, light brown teddy bear that was as big as he was. Yunhee's face grew red as he walked over towards her with a big grin on her face. "Take five steps forward and then turn around," he whispered to her.

Yunhee slowly nodded her head and began to walk. One. She began to count in her head. Two. She inhaled, forcing herself to not look back. Three, four. She stopped at five and inhaled a breath of air then releasing it and calmly turning around. The corners of her lips twitched upwards and she couldn't help but get giddy at the scene in front of her. 

Seokjin walked over towards her and smiled at her with a loving gaze. His eyes never leaving hers and his lips never falling. He opened his mouth, and he began to sing. "I waited for such a long time for today, I hoped that you would be mine. Should I officially propose or throw a surprise birthday party?" Seokjin reached for Yunhee's hands and held onto them. "The rub dub rub dub, heart pounding day is today." Yunhee watched him with a growing smile on her face. She felt her cheeks begin to ache, but she didn't stop herself from smiling. "You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl. You are my eternal angel, will you accept me? You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl," Yunhee looked away from him and she began to become teary eyed. Seokjin let go of one of her hands and gently grabbed her face. "Look at my eyes, can you answer me? I am proposing to you." 

Seokjin let go of her hand and her cheeks then slowly went down on one knee and looked at her in the most loving way that it made the people in the office begin to squeal and smile. "Byun Yunhee," he began. "It's been a long, fun and eventful five years knowing and loving you." He looked into her eyes and saw tears forming in them. "It's been memorable time loving you for so long, my beautiful Yunhee. And I know that you've wanted to be asked in the most eventful and memorable way there is. And this is what I thought of for you. I was scared that I'd chicken out last minute and not ask you, but, I didn't." A light chuckle escaped his lips. "I want you to know that you are my pretty girl, my eternal angel and that I won't ever hurt you. I'll hold you and love you and kiss you and give you everything you want," Seokjin reached into his jacket pocket and took out a small, red, velvet box and opened it, reveling a three stone halo ring. Yunhee's eyes widened at the sight before her. Her hand made its way up to as tears began to pour. "Byun Yunhee, will you marry me?" 

Yunhee nodded her head slowly as she continued to shed tears of happiness. Seokjin's smile grew as he slid the ring on her finger. He stood up and hugged her. Yunhee began to cry in his chest. Seokjin let out a laugh as he began to rub her back. "Thank you for saying yes," he said into her ear. 

Yunhee dropped the bear and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I love you so much Kim Seokjin." She said as she pecked his lips. 

"Not as much as I love you, princess." 

 

 

====

It's not done yet tbh. But here ya go~! 
It' s been a while. I think this is the longest chapter for this story.... 
I hope you enjoy this update though!