Trip to the Mall

It All Started With A Phone
"I'm a huge fan of Chanyeol, but don't tell him!" 
 
Aish. Why was it Chanyeol and not him? Luhan messed his hair up with his hands in frustration. 
 
Luhan didn't get any sleep last night because those words kept ringing in his head. 
 
"I'm a huge fan of Chanyeol, but don't tell him!" 
 
How was he supposed to win Min-Hee's heart now? 
 
Although he wouldn't admit it in front the other members, Luhan was in love. 
 
With Min-Hee. 
 
Luhan loved her beautiful, soft voice. He also liked her appearance. He recalled how she dressed yesterday and he felt a goofy smile make its way to his lips. She was so cute! Min-Hee was cuter than what he imagined her to look like. Her brown eyes, her petite frame, her soft hair, and her cute bear sweater. Min-Hee was the most perfect girl in Luhan's eyes. 
 
But she liked Chanyeol. 
 
Luhan sighed. 
 
Why wasn't it him? 
 
"Hyung, are you going shopping with us?" Sehun poked his face in the room. 
 
"Yeah, sure. I'm coming," Luhan stood up. 
 
Some change of scenery would do him some good.  
 
..... 
 
Min-Hee loved going to the bookstore. Mainly because she loved reading. But nothing would compare to the feeling of walking into the store and smelling the smell of freshly-printed paper and the faint smell of ink on each page. 
 
As soon as she walked into the large mall, she made a beeline to the mall's bookstore. The smell overwhelmed Min-Hee when the mixture of paper and ink filled her nose. It took every once of self-control in Min-Hee, so she wouldn't tackle the Roman architecture section. 
 
*Alright, Min-Hee. Keep your mind focused. You're here to buy Jenny Unnie's book, not spend Umma's hard-earned money on the History of Arches and Domes,* Min-Hee told herself. She glanced at the cover as she passed by the display copy on her way to the medical book section. *But just taking a peek at the book wouldn't hurt, right?* 
 
Min-Hee walked toward the book, but she froze when she heard a familiar voice. 
 
"Min-Hee shi?" 
 
..... 
 
*Mini Flashback* 
 
Exo spilt up into different groups upon entering the mall. Tao and Kris went to Gucci. Xiumin, Suho, Sehun, and D.O. went to the food court. Baekhyun and Chen followed Kai, Chanyeol, and Lay to a music shop. Thus, leaving Luhan alone. 
 
Luhan didn't know where to go, but remembered what Min-Hee said yesterday. 
 
"Whenever I go to the mall, I go straight for the book store!"
 
Not having anything else to do, Luhan walked into the bookstore. He hadn't been to the bookstore since his trainee days. Luhan went to the Roman Architecture section because he knew that it was Min-Hee's favorite genre. Although he was heartbroken that Min-Hee liked Chanyeol, he couldn't stop thinking about her. But as he was scanning the lower shelves, a familiar pair of dusty converses caught his eyes. His eyes traveled upward to meet the owner's face and found the person he longed to see: Min-Hee. 
 
*Flashback End* 
 
"Luhan shi?" Min-Hee asked with round eyes. 
 
"Shh," Luhan placed a finger on his lips and looked around if anyone had heard. Fortunately, there was no one else in this section of the bookstore except for themselves. 
 
"Sorry, I forgot you are famous," Min-Hee said. "But what are you doing here?" 
 
"Everyone wanted to go shopping today, and spilt up in groups and left me behind," Luhan explained. 
 
"Oh, then, would you like to spend the day with me?" Min-Hee asked. 
 
"Yes," Luhan smiled. 
 
*It sounds like a date!* Luhan shouted in his head. 
 
"Oh, I almost forgot! I need to buy a book for my unnie," Min-Hee said. After another longing look at the cover of the History of Arches and Domes, she led Luhan to the medical section of the bookstore. 
 
*I wonder if she wanted that book.* Luhan thought as he glanced at the History of Arches and Domes before following Min-Hee to the medical section. 
 
After Min-Hee purchased the medical book for Jenny Unnie, Min-Hee saw the glossy covers of the copies of the History of Arches and Domes again on their way out. Luhan caught her eye, and a lightbulb lighted up over his head. 
 
"Min-Hee shi, could you wait here real quick?" Luhan pointed to a bench outside. "I just remembered that I had a book to buy. I'll be back soon." With one last smile, Luhan jogged back into the bookstore to buy a copy of the History of Arches and Domes. 
 
Min-Hee sat down and swung her legs like a child, pouting. 
 
*I wish I could have bought the History of Arches and Domes.* Min-Hee sighed. *Too bad it's so expensive and I can't borrow it from the library because it just came out today.* 
 
"Min-Hee shi?" 
 
Min-Hee looked up to see Chanyeol waving at her. She smiled. 
 
"Hello Chanyeol shi," Min-Hee said. 
 
"Why are you so sad?" Chanyeol asked. 
 
"Oh, I just saw copies of the History of Arches and Domes being sold at the bookstore, but it's too expensive for me to buy," Min-Hee pouted. 
 
Chanyeol chuckled. Then the chuckle turned into a hysterical fit of laughter. People who passed by them shot them dirty looks. 
 
"Why are laughing, Chanyeol shi?" Min-Hee asked. 
 
"You were upset because you couldn't buy a book," Chanyeol said when he finally calmed down. "Most girls would be upset if they couldn't buy a piece of jewelry or cloth." Chanyeol explained as he saw Min-Hee's confused face. 
 
"Well I'm not like other girls," Min-Hee pouted. Then her gaze lowered. "I am an outcast to my peers. I don't have any friends." She looked up at Chanyeol. "I envy and respect you, Chanyeol shi because you make friends so easily and make people laugh. Nobody understands my jokes and don't understand me when I talk to them, so they get frustrated and don't talk to me. That's why I don't have any friends; and I'm a fan of yours because you seem to make people laugh so easily." Min-Hee's expression turned serious. "Chanyeol shi, will you teach me how to make people laugh, so I can make friends?" 
 
"Ok," Chanyeol's lips turned into a goofy smile. "It's a strange request, but I'll help." 
 
Luhan, who heard everything (from behind a large pole), tore his gaze from Min-Hee and Chanyeol. 
 
*That's what she meant by fan. Not as the romantic way, but as in admiration. Also, she was having such trouble making friends. Min-Hee should not be a person who should be so lonely.* Luhan put a determined look on his face. *I'll let her know that she's not alone because now she has me.* 
 
Luhan peeked into the shopping bag to see the glossy hardcover of the History of Arches and Domes. He would do anything to make Min-Hee happy. Anything. 
 
......
 
After Chanyeol left, Luhan came out of his hiding place from behind the pole. 
 
"Oh! Luhan shi! Did you get the book you needed?" Min-Hee asked. 
 
"Yes, but I want you to have it," Luhan said as he passed her a shopping bag. 
 
Min-Hee pulled out the book inside the shopping bag and came face to face with the glossy cover of the History of Arches and Domes. Min-Hee gasped. 
 
"I saw you looking at it earlier and thought that you might want to read it," Luhan confessed. 
 
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Min-Hee said as she hugged Luhan. 
 
Luhan blushed at the sudden physical affection, but hugged her back. 
 
It was totally worth it paying ₩100,000 for the book and receiving a hug from Min-Hee in return.