Please Pick Up

It All Started With A Phone
 
Luhan had tried his best to disguise himself so that he could spend a relaxing day off from work. However, because he is a member of one of the most popular idol groups in the world, fans in the bubble tea shop instantly recognized him and swarmed around him.
 
He yelped in surprise when one of the fans started a tug-a-war, using Luhan's arms as a substitute for rope. That was it. Luhan pried the girls' off him, just long enough to escape from the clutches of those DESPERATE fan girls. He hurriedly ran straight for Exo's dorm. 
 
 
When he got into the apartment building, he sighed in relief. The guards automatically understood the situation and stepped outside to keep the fan girls as far as possible from the dorm building. 
 
Luhan winced as he witnessed a fan with perticularly sharp teeth try to bite her way through the guards, causing one of them to collapse in pain. But Luhan couldn't do anything about it. If he tried to negotiate with them, he would get them more riled up. And if he went outside... He was asking for instant death. Maybe manager hyung could do something about it. 
 
Luhan reached his hand into his jacket pocket and froze. 
 
The pocket was empty. 
 
Luhan frantically searched all of his pockets, but his cell phone was gone. Normally, he wouldn't care about his phone too much, but the phone he had today was his personal phone. Luhan had two phones- his work phone and his personal phone. His personal phone had, well, his personal stuff. He didn't want anyone to read any of his personal information, and he was less enthusiastic that it might have been a fan. That meant that with that information, they could stalk him. He shivered at that thought. 
 
Then it struck him like lightning. He could call his work phone to find his personal phone. Anxious to get his phone back before anyone revealed his secrets to the media, Luhan raced up the stairs. As soon as he got into his dorm room, he flew into his bed room, and tackled his work phone. He dialed his personal phone's number and kept chanting the same thing over and over again. 
 
"Please pick up. Please please pick up," he mumbled those words over and over again. 
 
As if to answer his prayers, someone answered his cell phone. 
 
"Hello?" Luhan's eyes widened when he heard a soft female voice at the other end. "Hello? Is this the owner of this phone?" 
 
The voice was so angelic. It was so soft and kind of cute, like a velvety blanket. He wanted to hear more of the voice. 
 
When Luhan finally found his voice, he answered in his slightly accented Korean. "Oh, yes. This is- I mean, I'm the owner of that phone." 
 
Luhan mentally slapped himself. Really Luhan? There's cute voice that obviously matched the body of a cute girl, and the first thing he does is get tongue-tied AND screw his Korean grammar?! He made a mental note to ask Sehun for more Korean lessons. 
 
But the girl did not laugh. She kept talking as though she had not noticed his little grammatical mistake. 
 
"I found your phone on the floor of the bubble tea shop. Would you like to come and retrieve it?" the soft voice said, entrancing Luhan again. 
 
Was it possible for someone to have such a voice as cute as hers? Luhan thought there wasn't. 
 
Luhan snapped out of his daze and tried to think of a reply while looking warily outside of his window. The mob of fans were still fighting against the security guards. It seemed as if the number of fans increased over the last five minutes. 
 
"Um, actually, can you keep my phone for a while? I can't go outside right now," Luhan said. *If I want to live.* Luhan said the last part in his head. 
 
"Ok," the voice answered. "By the way, what is your name?" 
 
"My name is Luhan," Luhan answered quickly and immediately regretted his instinctive answer. 
 
If she was one of those stalker fans, the owner of the most beautiful he had ever heard could turn out to be his worst nightmare. Then again, it could also mean that she would be fawning over him all the time. He decided that he liked the idea of hearing her soft, velvety voice say his real name over the-worst-case-scenario. 
 
"My name is Min-Hee. I'll take care of your phone well until you can find time to retrieve it, Luhan." Min-Hee stopped for a moment. "I have to go now. Bye, Luhan." There was a click and the call was ended. 
 
Luhan was right, the way she said his name made Luhan's heart skip a beat. 
 
'Min-Hee. What a pretty name,' Luhan thought to himself as he began fantasizing about the girl with the soft voice, Min-Hee. 
 
Luhan kept conversing with her everyday after that, getting to know her more and more. During that time, Luhan developed an addiction to her beautiful voice. 
 
Everyday after practices, Luhan would go straight to his room and call Min-Hee. And every time he would call her, he always whispered the same thing over and over again. 
 
"Please pick up. Please please pick up."