Chapter 6

My Tuneless Songs

I was running. I was about to reach for the door and leave the house but then he appeared in front of me and stopped me.

“I’m a ghost, you can’t run away from me,” he said with a smirk on his face.

“But I can do this,” I said, punching him in the stomach.

“Ouch,” he said and I immediately felt guilty.

“Sorry,” I said as I began apologizing profusely, but then he started laughing.

“I’m a ghost, it doesn’t hurt,” he said with the same smirk back on his face.

“Jerk,” I said, wiping away my tears, before proceeding to leave the house. Kyuhyun following closely behind.

“Ryeowook, don’t run away from me,” he said to me as I continued marching my way aimlessly to nowhere.

“If I could, then I would, I’ll go wherever you will go,” he began singing. A smile formed on my face without me noticing it.

“Stop it, it’s annoying,” I said to him.

“But you like it don’t you, you can’t hide anything from me, I can hear your thoughts,” he said proudly.

“Jerk,” I said with a big smile on my face.

“I know you don’t mean that,” he said.

“I need to go to Beige’s house, want to follow me?” I asked him.

“Why are you going to your ex-girlfriend’s house?” he asked me, such a nosey person.

“I need to send her soup, I heard that she’s sick,” I said to him, he didn’t look too happy about it.

“Why do you look unhappy, JEALOUS?” I said sarcastically, but somehow I really wished he’ll say yes.

“Of Course,” he said in an instant.

“Why?!” I asked, confused.

“Because I love you!” he said angrily.

“But...”

“There’s no but Ryeowook! I really mean it, the schoolboy I was talking about is really you, I wasn’t joking!” he said to me as before pulling me into a tight hug.

“I’ve fallen for you,” He said to me.

“You’re lying right,” I said to him as I pulled away from the hug.

“Nope, I’ve really fallen for you, I can’t stop thinking about you, conscious or unconscious,”  he said as he winked at me.

“Stop being so cheesy,” I said to him, my cheeks were blushing uncontrollably at this time.

“You like it, don’t you?” he said to me, sounding sad.

“Is my ghost boyfriend sulking?” I said to him.

“So I’m officially your boyfriend?” he asked me.

“I didn’t say anything,” I said before running away, afraid he’ll see me blushing. I never felt this happy before, If this is what being in love feels like, then I want to be in love forever.

I ran back home and went to my room. I opened my laptop and starting playing cheesy love songs. Why? Because I just felt like it.

“You’re thinking about me aren’t you?” someone said to me suddenly.

“NO!” I said defensively.

“You’re so cute when you’re shy, I thought you’re going to Beige house?” he asked me. OMG, I totally forgot. Stupid Kyuhyun, you made me so giddy till I forget about Beige.

“Mom, where’s the soup?” I asked my mom. She told me to get it in the kitchen, so I did.

I took the soup and head to Beige’s house, hand in hand with Kyuhyun.

“Why do you want to follow me to Beige’s house?” I asked him.

“No reason, why? Are you jealous?” he asked me. Am I jealous?! How can he even ask, of course I am, my boyfriend is suddenly being so caring towards my ex girlfriend.

“Nope, just curious,” I lied.

“I can read your mind dummy, I know you’re jealous, don’t be. I’ll only love you, and only you,” he said before pulling me into a tight hug and kissing my forehead.

“Why are you being so cheesy?” I asked him.

“I feel that we’re going to be separated soon, but I don’t know why,” he said, his words made me shiver, what does he mean by separate?

We finally arrived at Beige house but she wasn’t there, her mom told me to put the soup in her room, so I went up and headed to her room.

I was shocked to see her room. There were pictures of Kyuhyun everyone, the word die and kill were written on each and every one of them. I walked towards the table to put the soup that was when I stumbled upon her diary.

The words “Your death is the only remedy to my broken heart,” was written below a picture of Kyuhyun. I ran downstairs as quick as I can.

“Auntie, why does Beige hates Kyuhyun?” I asked in a hurry, afraid that Beige will return home.

“He made her pregnant, but he wouldn’t take responsibility,” her mom said before bursting out in tears.

“But then she took her revenge, I tried stopping her. But she...she,” Beige’s mom couldn’t finish her sentence as Beige arrived home soon after.

“I need to go now,” I said before leaving as quickly I can. Could this really be true? Could Beige really be the killer who killed Kyuhyun?