Of Fintails and Sharp Fangs

A Twisted Fate
 
 
 
 
“Hey, is she okay?”
 
 
“I dunno, our dongsaengs sure did a harsh job.”
 
 
“I hope she’s okay.”
 
 
 
I woke up to the sounds of females, splashing..? And they were painfully poking at me with their sharp fingers.
 
 
I slowly opened my eyes to see... Mermaids.
 
 
Mer- MERMAIDS?
 
 
“Wha- WHAT- WHAT ARE YOU-“ I edge myself farther and farther away from these creatures, scrambling for my gun and it was nowhere to be found.
 
 
“Well if you haven’t seen it already, we’re obviously mermaids.” A girl with short blonde hair and a sun crown on her head flapped her tail to make her point.
 
 
“Yeah, hey there, new girl.” A brunette with a bright personality and a beautiful gold crown was beaming at me.
 
 
“U-Uh how- how- are you- r-real?” I stuttered, still edged myself to the rock.
 
 
One of them, the one with the brunette hair, but with a pink flower crown stepped on the land and her light pinkish red tail transformed into normal human legs.
 
 
“Well, since you’re awake and looking at us we’re real,” She nodded, and smiled brightly while patting my head. “I’m Jessica, by the way.”
 
 
I nodded at her, I was still trembling and freaked out, but I didn’t reply anything, I think I lost my will to talk.
 
 
“I’m Taeyeon.” The brunette with the gold crown nodded and waved.
 
 
“I’m Sunny!” The one with the sun crown grinned and flapped her yellowish orange tail around.
 
 
“Oh, who’s this?” A new head bobbed from the sea and she was a beautiful black haired beauty with a silver seashell crown.
 
 
“Oh yeah, we haven’t got your name.” Jessica nodded and sat beside me.
 
 
I couldn’t bring myself to make a sound, let alone introduce myself. I was frightened. At the existence of these creatures, having myself waking up at a forest, holding a gun, almost getting murdered by a wolf, so I broke down.
 
 
I couldn’t take it anymore.
 
 
“I- I want- t-to- g-go h-home, p-please-“ I sniffled and cried, while rubbing my eyes. I looked like a scared, traumatised child, and it seemed ridiculous, but I really couldn’t care anymore.
 
 
I want to go home and forget all this happened, and live a happy life. I want to go back to my family and my friends, Sungjae, Minhyuk and Chorong.
 
 
I want to go home.
 
 
“Hey, hey, don’t cry, why are you crying?” Jessica ruffled my hair with a sad smile on her face and Taeyeon looked over worriedly.
 
 
Eventually the black haired beauty stepped up to reveal her red coloured tail and turned into a human, and stepped beside Jessica.
 
 
“I’m Tiffany,” She smiled warmly and shook my hand that was constantly rubbing at my eyes furiously. “Mind telling us why are you crying?”
 
 
“I was a-attacked. And cold. And scared- why am I even here? I want to go home- I hate my life- I- I held a gun- And I didn’t even know h-how to use it- and I shot a freaking wolf on the leg- and I- I just- I want to go home!” I wailed, and buried myself in my legs and cried.
 
 
“I think our dongsaengs did a little too much for her liking.” Sunny nodded and leaned over.
 
 
“They’ll pay soon.” Taeyeon glared at another direction.
 
 
 
“Ne, ne, Jessica~” A man with brown hair and red eyes waltz down to the rocky base of where we were sitting and widen his eyes when he saw me.
 
 
“Ah, Chullie- oppa. What brings you here?” Jessica stood, and grinned.
 
 
“Nothing, I just came to see the beautiful mermaids, is all,” He grinned mischievously and shifted his gaze upon me again.
 
 
I trembled under his cold- blooded stare and looked down to my feet that were clad in ugly, torn converses. I rubbed my eyes furiously again and my cries were now muffled sounds of hiccups.
 
 
“And who’s this?”
 
 
Jessica shifted her gaze again and shrugged. The others followed in her footsteps and Sunny voiced her thoughts.
 
 
“We don’t know, she didn’t tell us her name.”
 
 
 
The weird blondish- browned haired man waltz down to my eye- length, and begun to examine me. He grinned, and sharp fangs were seen amongst his teeth.
 
 
I took in the sight of his devious aura, and immediately regretted it. This- this man was different. Unlike the mermaids, the vibe he carried was a bit-
different. And it wasn’t good.
 
 
Even the mischievous glint in his eyes had said everything.
 
 
“Hello there, little girl,” He my cheek and finally cupped my chin and risen it up so that our eyes met and I was crying yet again. “Shhh, why are you crying? I’m not going to hurt you. Say, what’s your name?”
 
 
His hands moved away from my chin, and started to reach for my throat. His fingernails were bloodstained- and they were slowly measuring up the length of my neck.
 
 
“Op-“ Jessica moved to stop him with a slight worried tone in her voice and the man glared in reply.
 
 
“Shh, I got this.” He murmured, and clawed a bit harsher. I swallowed, and I felt liquid was spilling.
 
 
He was slitting my throat. I widen my eyes then when he slid a finger from the blood that was dripping out before popping it in his mouth, and popping out after a few seconds, around his mouth. I shut my eyes with terrified look in my eyes and shut my mouth while trembling.
 
 
“You taste good. Wouldn’t hurt to donate- OW OW OWWWW!!!!”
 
 
“OPPA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU JERK! YOU MADE HER CR-“ Jessica and Taeyeon were hitting the man with their hands, and Sunny splashed seawater at the man with no mercy.
 
 
“Alright- Alright- Stop- Stop hitting me! BLAH! SEAWATER- SUNNY!” He edged away cowardly and glared at the short haired blonde as she stuck out her tongue while Tiffany continued looking at the scene with an amused expression.
 
 
“...Ji- Hye.”
 
 
Jessica and Taeyeon stopped hitting and the man was looking at her with a raised eyebrow. Sunny continued her torturing measures again, and he spat out the seawater and glared at her.
 
 
I nodded my head, and looked at my feet and rubbed at my eyes again.
 
 
“My name is Ji- Hye.” I felt like a kid, once I had spoken my name, Jessica and Tiffany were comforting me and whispering comforting words while Taeyeon and Sunny shouted out threatening things to do to the man for my pleasure. And he gladly glared back in return.
 
 
“Why hello there, Ji- Hye. My name is Heechul. One of the first class vampires around,” He winked. “Say, do you mind dona-“
 
 
“OPPA!” Sunny splashed more water and he glared and gave a sickeningly sweet smile in my direction.
 
 
“I was kidding,” He hissed and turned to me again. “Say, what kind of creature are you?”
 
 
“W-What?” I furrowed my eyebrows. Creatures? I was obviously a human, nothing else.
 
 
“She looks like a wolf hybrid.” Sunny leaned on the rocky surface and scanned me.
 
 
“Yeah, from her torn clothing and all, she seems to resemble a wolf’s kind,” Taeyeon picked up a torn piece of my bloody clothing and tilted her head. “And it’s bloody too. Have you been hunting?”
 
 
“I- I’m not a wolf- or anything- I- I’m just a normal human being,” I shook my head. “My clothes are torn from being around in the forest, and it’s bloody because I was attacked.”
 
 
"Humans?" Sunny tilted her head. "We've never seen humans around here."
 
 
"Yeah, I agree with Sunny. What- What are you doing here?" Jessica nodded and backed away with doubt in her eyes.
 
 
"I- I don't know," I blinked rapidly before hugging my feet to my chest, avoiding their piercing glares. "I really don't- How I got here, or why I'm here. I- I just wanna go home. I- I'm-"
 
 
I was getting dizzy, everything around me was blurry.
 
 
Was I loosing blood?
 
 
"I'm- I'm-"
 
 
"...scared." I managed to squeak out before blacking out, the last thing I saw were my hands, covered in dried blood.