Vampires For Dummies

A Twisted Fate

As the sleek, black- haired boy wheeled me along the ground that was decorated with beautifully crafted tiles lined up with flowers on the side. What got my attention were the flowers that were known as roses and tulips, the colour changing from blood red to a smoky black each time we passed, and they did not change.

 

One of the flowers actually turned from smoky black, as they wither first, before turning into ashes. The change of the beautiful flowers creeped me out, to the point where I had squirmed in my seat, and the boy noticed this, and slowed down a bit, his amber eyes boring on my head, with me unconciously looking at the flowers from time to time, panicking at the rise of the number of flowers that were turning black.

 

Unconciously, a butterfly had flew on top of the few flowers, and the colourful butterfly turned into a dull, grey one, much more different than a moth, and floated to the ground, and the rose that had been the landing place of the flower had regained its bloody red colour. I widen my eyes at this sight, and took a deep breath.

 

Was the butterfly dead?

 

Remind me to not touch the flowers.

 

"Why are you looking at the flowers?" He spoke up, and I caught my breath.

 

"I- um- why- why are they wilting?" I voiced up, turning my head a bit towards his direction, and faced the flowes again.

 

"They wilt, when they sense a presence. It's to scare intruders away." He replied with a monotone voice, his speed increasing again.

 

"Then why did the-"

 

"Butterfly die?" He chuckled, and shrugged. "The flowers, no matter what types they are, tulips, roses, sunflowers, they're all red. Red in colour, from planted; from birth. They're all categoried in one; Bloodthirst. They're bloodthirst flowers, that the life out of living things, gaining their own." He nodded, and I widen my eyes.

 

Bloodthirsts?

 

That the life out of living things to gain their own?

 

The kind of flower breed were they breeding, are so.. Greedy. And selfish.

 

The black haired boy chuckled and I swallowed. He did not hear me, did he?

 

"Hm, I did, and yes, I agree. It's selfish and full of greed," He nodded. "But these flowers serve a purpose to our main household. To protect us, from intruders, and most importantly, our house feeds off the spirits of these bloodthirsts, it's what keeps the house as it is."

 

"I- I- um- I'm sorry-" I bowed my head down, and he shook his while chuckling.

 

"Donghae."

 

"...Wha-"

 

"It's my name, now tell me yours." He nodded.

 

"I- Er- Um- Ji- Hye. Uh- yeah- Hi." I frowned at my choice of words, obviously I was taken aback by his sudden order, but nevertheless answered.

 

"Well, Ji- Hye. We're here." Donghae pointed in front of me, and I blinked before the scene in front of us.

 

The two large doors that were as tall as giants gleamed in shining silver, as the sun shone upon it's gleaming structure. Donghae stepped in front of it, and showed his wrist and the large doors shook like an earthquake, before opening to reveal a beautiful garden, with a fountain in front of it. The large mansion looked peaceful, the sounds of birds chirping could be heard, and beautiful colourful flowers were planted, and this time, they were not like those Bloodthirsts that lust of blood- they were simply flowers, to decorate and enhance the beauty of the mansion.

 

Donghae wheeled me to the front doors and smiled a bit when he saw my surprised expression at the garden. When we reached the large bronze doors in front of us, Donghae opened the door after knocking. The slight drop in temperature did indeed freaked me out, as Donghae wheeled me in the manor. 

 

Everything was in great state, polished, shiny, ancient wood. I was surrounded by the beauty of the house, and was captivated by it. Donghae probably used his power on me, and to be honest it was really ticking me off on how he kept finishing my-
 
 
"-sentences before I could?" He snickered. "Well I'm sorry, but sometimes even if I try to shut it off, it just comes on automatically, kiddo."
 
 
Kiddo? I was definitely not a kiddo. And see, he's doing it again, which is clearly pissing me off.
 
 
"Well I told you, I don't like this power too, but it does has its perks, trust me." Donghae exclaimed again, and I turned half body around to face him and gave him a look. 
 
 
He blinked rapidly at me and replied with an innocent "What?". I stared at him in about a span of 10 seconds before he finally broke out in a weird reaction, an nodding off while repeatingly saying small apologies. 
 
 
He wheeled me continuously, we were passing through hallways with doors of polished shiny wood, with carved curved letters on each door. When we finally reach the end of the hallway, (it took longer than I thought) the both of us were greeted with two large mahogany doors, and Donghae stepped in front and bit a finger on his left hand, before dropping the blood on his right wrist.
 
 
I widen my eyes at the sight, looking at his glowing red wrist, his red wrist creating a weird sign, a tattoo glowing in deep blood red colour. He showed his wrist in at the middle of the door, and whispered jibberish words I couldn't make out, but sounded... A bit of like.. French?
 
 
The door shook, and shone a bright white light before slowly opening, revealing a library, a very large one, with ladders lined up at each bookcase, and where books were more than millions, reaching the ceiling, that was as high as the skies.
 
 
We entered, and I scanned the whole area, as the door behind us closed by its own, to reveal that everything was completely surrounded by books. This scene amused me, and I loved it at the same time.
 
 
A large table was in front of us, each seat filled with books that were stacked quite messily, and at the center of the room dangling was a bronze chandelier, lighting up the brightly lit room more.
 
 
At the end of the room stood two knights, guarding a picture what seems to be a family portrait. Yoona was at the side, and beside her was a man, with light chestnut brown hair, and in front of them sat the royals I assumed, they were wearing crowns and tiaras.
 
 
We stopped in front of the knights and I took in the portrait more. It was beautiful, Yoona took most of her father, but her flawless skin and facial features were obviously from her mother's beauty.
 
 
The man beside her took over his mother's soft features, and a bit of his father, but they all shared the same eyes.
 
 
Bloody red, with a tint of golden. 
 
 
The eyes of the Royals.
 
 
Donghae was gone from my back, instead, looking over the books. I look at him, observing him too, as he picked up the books one by one, possibly looking for a title.
 
 
I shook my head and looked at the portrait again, and gasped a little when I saw their eyes moving.
 
 
I frowned and looked more closely, and the moving eyes that seemed to follow my moves stopped, and I assumed it was just an illusion, nothing more.
 
 
"Got it." Donghae suddenly voiced up, picking up one of the books, and happily stepping beside me.
 
 
The title was.. Unbelievably weird.
 
 
"Vampires for Dummies?" I raised an eyebrow at Donghae and he shrugged.
 
 
"What? It's- for something, okay." He blinked rapidly before standing in front of the portrait and raised the book, to the eye level of the people in the portrait.
 
 
"Esir nopu eth ecnartne fo feihcsim." He chanted, and the knights that were guarding the portrait moved their spears and stomped their feet, before the wall moved, and the both of us were spun into another room.
 
 
I blinked at the movement, before gripping on the steels of my wheelchair hard, and Donghae moved immediately to my back after we were completely in a more darker room, knights were everywhere, guarding swords and other weapons that were hanging on the walls.
 
 
In the middle of the room dangled a silver chandelier, illuminating the dark room with its beauty, and at the end was a map of the whole manor, and at the center placed a bronze mahogany table that was so large it could fit around 30 people.
 
 
17 people were seated, including the mermaids that had taken the life form of humans. The Princess Yoona was seated at the end of the table, with the light chestnut brown haired man in the portrait beside her.
 
 
"Well Princess, I got your order." Donghae patted my shoulder and Yoona nodded.
 
 
"May I ask why the lady is in the wheelchair?" The man beside Yoona raised an eyebrow and Donghae rubbed the back of his neck.
 
 
The wall behind us shook again, an we were greeted by Kibum and Ryeowook yet again, the both of them were panting as they looked with us with goofy grins.
 
 
"U-Uh, we're not.. Late are we?" Kibum blinked rapidly and Ryeowook slapped the back of his head.
 
 
"We apologize for our late presence, Princess Yoona, Prince Leeteuk." Ryeowook bowed, and grabbed Kibum with him.
 
 
"No, no it's okay, sit down." The Prince waved them down to sit and the both of them bowed again before hurrying to their seats.
 
 
"Kibum injected her legs, and now she's numb, so she couldn't walk." Donghae voiced again and Yoona and Leeteuk nodded before waving us to sit too.
 
 
Donghae placed me at the end of the table too, as he took place beside Kibum and Ryeowook. I blinked rapidly and gulped as Yoona scanned me again, and it didn't help when Leeteuk joined her in the activity.
 
 
Taeyeon and the others secretly waved and grinned at me, whispering 'it's okay' when they get the chance, and Sunny gave me a thumbs up before putting her serious face on, and everyone was quiet.
 
 
"So, we, the Heirs to the throne, are holding this meeting with everyone, including the Royal mermaids because indeed, this is a serious matter." Yoona started off, and Leeteuk looked around.
 
 
"I have heard from many that there was a new face amongst the beings in this world, different from all. Demons, orcs, elves, witches and wizards," Leeteuk continued, and his sharp gaze was set on mine as I swallowed a lump in my throat.
 
 
"This being is though, apparently powerless. No tails unlike mermaids. No pointy ears unlike elves. No magic unlike witches. No vengeance unlike orcs. Completely nothing. But who are we to trust them when we have you right here? Tell us, what are you?"
 
 
All eyes were set on mine as I trembled under their gaze.
 
 
"I- I'm- I-" I shifted uncomfortably. 
 
 
What if I told them I was a human?
 
 
Would they kill me?
 
 
Or would they spare me, and keep me as a slave?
 
 
What should I tell them?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________
 
Okay, guys <3 Yeah I know it's late but Merry Christmas! 
 
So what do you think of the story? Is it okay? And what do you think Ji- Hye should tell them?
 
Merry Christmas!
 
Comments or subscribe are greatly appreciated! whispers upvotes are appreciated too!  (i'll even build a shine for you)