The Reason Why

A Twisted Fate
 
 
I woke up again, this time feeling much more better after the disappearance of the pain, and the medicine Ryeowook and Kibum gave me were more than effective. Kibum and Ryeowook were in an animated conversation beside me, accompanied with a new face I didn't recognize.
 
 
"Hyung, she's awake." He nudged them before gesturing to me.
 
 
I pretended I had not observed them before, eyes boring holes into my knitted blanket. I heard feet shuffling before me, and there was Kibum who was looking over my wound.
 
 
"Are you feeling better?" He asked in a soft manner, a smile forming on his face, which was actually clashing against his amber- like eyes.
 
 
"Y- Yeah." I managed to croak out, raising the corners of my lips a bit so I had look like I was smiling.
 
 
"Hey you can talk now, good for you." Kibum looked at me with a surprised expression, but ended up nodding in happiness.
 
 
"She'll get better in no time, I've checked." Ryeowook nodded to the other presence that was by the door.
 
 
He nodded, and walked outside hurriedly. My eyes followed his back frame until he wasn't seen anymore.
 
 
"That's Kyuhyun," Kibum followed my gaze and leaned against the wall while smirking. "Interested?"
 
 
Ryeowook gave interest and looked at us amusedly.
 
 
"N-No," I shook my head slowly and croaked out. "It's just that he seems as if he was.. Processing information about me."
 
 
It was rude for me to judge, but the boy named Kyuhyun did looked intimidating, actually more than others. His face was plastured a serious face and a frown, and by the similarities these people had with Heechul, they were possibly more dangerous than they looked liked.
 
For example, deadly, dangerous vampires.
 
 
"Well you're not wrong there," Ryewook shrugged. "Princess wanted to know about your condition."
 
 
"Why?" Why was I so important? Here I was merely counted as a peasant when compared to these people.
 
 
"What do you mean why?" Kibum scoffed. "You're the first human species we've seen this generation."
 
 
"F- First?"
 
 
"Yeah. Every generation, humans come here, and for a while, they disappear." Ryeowook shrugged.
 
 
"What- Why?"
 
 
"Some say it's a curse," Kibum continued while folding his arms. "Some say they're sacrificed, some say they're defenders slash warriors or whatever." Kibum snickered.
 
 
I shivered and my heart pounded loudly against my chest. 
 
 
Sacrifice?
 
 
Curse?
 
 
Why- Why me?
 
 
Why was I chosen out of all these human beings on Earth?
 
 
"That's what we're going to find out." Another man entered, his glossy black hair shining.
 
 
"Wha-"
 
 
"I can read your mind, it's my annoying power," He shrugged and rolled his eyes while half- smiling. "It's troublesome but it has its perks. Come on, the princess wants to see all of us."
 
 
"All of us? Why?" Kibum shifted his position and tilted his head.
 
 
"Probably a big meeting." Ryeowook shrugged and tried to get me out of bed. "Can you walk?"
 
 
"I- I think so." I tried to stand, using Kibum's and Ryeowook's shoulder to stand, but ended up falling.
 
"Oh, I remember injecting your legs before you slept, it makes you numb." Kibum rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.
 
 
"Why." Ryeowook made a face before helping me to sit on the bed again.
 
 
"Well she was going through pain, what do you expect me to do?" Kibum shrugged.
 
 
"Oh god, get her a wheelchair already, or Yoona will roast me for dinner." The boy at the door waited unpatiently and Kibum and Ryeowook looked at each other before rushing to the storage room and taking out a foldable wheelchair and place my body carefully in it.
 
 
The boy rolled his eyes before bumping his to the both of them, pushing them away and grabbing the wheelchair, wheeling me outside fast.
 
 
"Yah hyung!" Kibum and Ryeowook stumbled before running behind him.