Where Princesses Gather

A Twisted Fate

I woke up, being completely surrounded.

 

Not by the friendly environment I had when I was with the mermaids, but a darker presence, a strange aura radiating off them all. 

 

I only spotted one familiar face, and it was Heechul. Except that he wasn't what he was like when he introduced himself. Now he had a serious aura that clashed with most of them, but was still intimidating. There were about.. 9 of them here, each talking to each other with serious expressions as they continuously pointed at me. I guessed they were talking about me, since I'm the outsider after all. 

 

I tried moving my body, but I was paralyzed. Every inch I moved hurts, even breathing hurt for me. I tried to support myself by using my left arm, and nfortunately the result ended up with me crying out loud in pain. My left shoulder was bandaged, and blood was quite soaking it up. I had almost forgotten about this wound.

As I winced more, one of the 9 people widen their eyes and gestured to the others. One of them got closer to me and calmed myself down. 

 

"There there, you can't really move with that wound, it's better for you to lie down in bed." He smiled reassuringly and helped me into my position again as I nodded, smiling wasn't possible right now.

 

"Siwon, go get the others," The man nodded at him before smiling back at me. "So I heard you're not from around here?"

 

"I- I-" I croaked out, not being able to speak much.

 

"No, no nevermind, pretend I never asked that. You're in a bad condition, my sincere apologies." He dipped his head down, and stood up again.

 

"Oppa!" Taeyeon's voice was heard, and then she appeared with Jessica, Tiffany and Sunny trailing behind her. "What- Where is she?"

 

"There, resting. Don't ta-" Heechul pointed to me and couldn't finish his words as Taeyeon came sprinting to where I was, and kneeled. Heechul rolled his eyes and disappeared outside the door with a few of his friends.

 

"Oh my goodness Ji-Hye are you alright?" She tilted her head with a worried expression on her face as her sisters followed her.

 

"Yeah, you fainted out of nowhere." Sunny nodded.

 

"We forgot you had a wound on your shoulder, we sincerely apologize for our rude behaviour, Ji-Hye." Tiffany nodded and looked over my wound.

 

"How are you? Feeling better?" Jessica managed to smile and patted my right shoulder lightly, aware of my pain.

 

"I c-ca-" I croaked out again, but another guy stopped me.

 

"She's in no condition to do anything guys." He shook his head and Taeyeon scrunched her nose.

 

"I thought she was only injured on her shoulder?" Sunny tilted her head, and another guy walked beside my bed and looked over my wound.

 

"Well, she lost a lot of blood along the way, and it seems like she was running before, which explains the lost of stamina, and the amount of blood lost. I can't expect her to be okay after that, since the claw marks on her shoulders seems to come from a wolf." He explained, his baby-ish features were weirdly serious.

 

"Wolves? Is it the hunting season already?" Taeyeon frowned. "Why would they aim for a human though?"

 

"I don't think they've ever seen a human, more or less eat one. Which explains that situation." He nodded.

 

"Or maybe they thought she was a threat?" Jessica looked over me worriedly.

 

"Maybe. We won't know unless we face them ourselves." Tiffany massaged her temple while frowning.

 

The door bursted into the small white room, revealing a brunette with long wavy curls in a sleek black outfit that hugged her figure tight. Her eyes were a different shade of red, more like amber, and her pupils had a tint of gold. She looked intimidating from far away and was probably scary too. 

I swallowed and stayed still, afraid she might lash out any moment.

 

"Ayo gg!" Taeyeon waved and grinned. 

 

The lips of the intimidating female curled upwards as they embraced each other. After she had hugged Taeyeon, she moved to Jessica, Sunny and ended it with Tiffany.

 

"Afternoon to you all," She chuckled. "What brings you all here?"

 

"Oh, to check up on our friend," Sunny gestured to my body and I shivered more. "She's not in a good condition though."

 

The female lost her smile, and became indifferent once again as she edged herself to my bed. 

 

"I've heard from my people that you're a human?" She tilted her head and I barely nodded slowly. "What brings a human into this world.." She turned away, and after a while she looked at me again with a soft smile. "I'm Yoona, by the way. Princess of the Bloodlands."

 

I stared at her wide eyed. She was a princess. Like Taeyeon and the rest. No wonder they had greeted each other so normally. I tried to move my body by at least bowing to show my respect, but Yoona shook her head and laid my frail body down again.

 

"No, no, your condition is worse enough. We'll talk again later, Ryeowook oppa and Kibum oppa will tend to your injuries," Yoona smiled and gestured to the men that had stepped forward, already fishing out supplies. "Excuse me Taeyeon unnie, I have to speak of this matter immediately with you and the others."

Taeyeon, Sunny, Tiffany and Jessica exchanged glances and nodded, and walked to my bed. 

 

"Ne, Ji-Hye. We'll talk again later, when you're okay and ready, alright?" Taeyeon smiled, and I curled the corners of my lips and dipped my head to show my respect to them.

 

"Get well soon." Tiffany smiled and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear.

 

"See you later!" Sunny half shouted when she reached the door, and Jessica turned to me last.

 

"Bye, Ji-Hye!" 

 

I smiled and waved back. At least I have company here, in this ruins or what I've heard, 'Bloodlands'?