1.

Trip, good time, love

The alarm clock woke you up at 5.00 am. You decided to wake early up because it was your birthday. As you worked in a small enterprise, with only few employees that were your friends, you wanted to make them happy. They all liked the way you cooked, always complimenting you when you invited them for a dinner or something else. As you loved cooking, you prepared some bentos, one for each of them.

 

 

It took you some time doing all these but you finished earlier than you thought you would. Some food was left and you didn't know what to do with it. It was such a waste to put them in the bin, but you couldn't keep them either. Indeed, at the end of the day, you were supposed to leave the country for a trip with your best friend, Min Hwan. At first, you wanted to prepare one more bento for him but he didn't like the ingredients you had. Finally, Hyun Joong, the authoritarian boss came to your mind. Would he like this kindness ? You weren't sure however you needed to get rid of the food.

 

 

Smiling widely at the creations, you clapped hands. However, the big smile turned into a worried face when you checked the clock. You were late by 5 minutes, it didn't seem much but for your boss, it was more than enough. Praying that he'd also be late, you rushed to the agency.

The first thing that got in your sight as you got off the bus was Hyun Joong's big car in the parking lot. It was too late.. you were sure that he was surely waiting at the entrance, to scold you when you'd put a feet inside the office. And it was right. Panting you explained yourself, not giving him time to say something.

 

You : I am- I am sorry- I- Well- I was busy- getting- food ready and- I- actu-

Hyun Joong : it is already the third time this week. Are you sure that you want to work here ?

You : I'm only- only- 10 minutes late

Hyun Joong : 10 minutes of work are precious and you just lost them. Do you know how much we could have got if you were in time ?

You : aigoo but- there aren't any- clients

Hyun Joong : still, forget about your stupid food and go to your desk

You : nae Mr Kim

 

All your co-workers had a compassionate face on when you joined them. As soon as Hyun Joong got into his private office and closed the door, you got up again to share the bentos. With the last one between your hands, you got back to your desk to start working.

It was lunch time when everyone started leaving the place to eat. You had some more work to do so you were left alone in the agency. Well, technically you weren't alone because the boss was still in his office, he never left it. Sometimes, you wondered if he had some food or if he never had lunch. You were too busy to go out and decided to eat at the workplace. For this, you ordered a pizza thanks to a phone call. Then, you left to use the restroom.

When you got back, Hyun Joong was talking to the young delivery man. Facepalming, you asked God why the pizza reached the agency so fast. However you felt relieved when you saw Hyun Joong paying the man and watching him leave. Slowly, the boss got closer to your desk, staring at the pizza box. Even you, feets away, could smell the nice odor. With an hand on your mouth, you tried your best not to laugh out loud when Hyun Joong's tummy groaned.

 

Hyun Joong : aishh I should try to bring food too instead of waiting for the dinner..

 

With this, he put the box on your desk and left to his office. Did you got it right ? He never ate anything ? Everyone knew that Hyun Joong never had breakfast in the morning, but you thought that at least he'd bring a lunch or eat at a restaurant. Seemed like he enjoyed starving the whole day. A feel of guilt traveled you as you saw the bento box right next to the pizza. Hyun Joong was quite mean but he wasn't such a bad director. And he was a human being, who needed to regularly eat. Feeling like a good citizen, you knocked his office door softly, holding the bento with your free hand. With his messy hair, his shirt opened by three buttons, a part out of his pants, you had to admit that he looked y.

 

Hyun Joong : what's the matter ?

You : I'm sorry to bother but.. it's my birthday today and I got something for everyone so.. here you are

 

Avoiding his gaze, you held the bento to him. Hyun Joong analyzed your face before taking what you were giving him.

 

Hyun Joong : ok thanks

You : no problem.. then I'll go ba-

Hyun Joong : call Mr Lee please, I need to know why he's still not here

You : nae Mr Kim

 

Bowing, you got back to your desk as he quite violently closed the door.

 

Hyun Joong sat at his desk, staring at the closed box. His tummy groaned even louder. With a grin, he opened it to discover the yummy food. It was the cuttest thing he had ever seen. Well it was also the first time that someone gave him a bento. He spent a long minute only admiring the food. He had already eaten one half when you bursted in.

 

You : Mr Lee had a car accident on the way here. He's at the hospital right now !

Hyun Joong : mwo ?? let's go

 

Grabbing his jacket, the tall guy left before you. Not really knowing how to behave, you just accompanied him to the entrance of the agency. A shiver ran down your spine when he suddenly dragged you to his car.

 

About two hours later, Hyun Joong finally got out of the hospital room.

 

You : what is it ?

Hyun Joong : nothing much. Just a broken leg but there is a bigger problem

You : mwo ?

Hyun Joong : I have to leave for Okinawa tomorrow and Mr Lee was supposed to come with me

 

This dissappointed you. How could someone be this cold-hearted ? Someone that had been by his side so many years was going through a hard time and the only thing Hyun Joong thought about was getting money. He was so selfish, you almost regretted feeding him.

 

Hyun Joong : ~~~~-ssi are you listening ?

You : ani mianhaeyo..

Hyun Joong : I told you to get your luggages ready. You'll go to Okinawa with me

You : what ?? but I can't !

Hyun Joong : why not ?

You : my best friend is taking me on a trip tonight as a birthday gift

Hyun Joong : well, you'll have this gift another year. My business trip can't wait and I need someone to go with me. You gave me lunch so let me offer you a trip to Okinawa

You : but I-

Hyun Joong : this isn't an invitation ~~~~-ssi, but an order of your boss. Don't forget to bring summer clothes, it's hot there. I'll be leaving now. See you tomorrow