Sixth

Euphoria (hiatus)

“Does all of this feel a little bit like Lord of The Rings to you?” Sehun asked Youngjae as they hopped off of their horses.

The six guys stood in the middle of the forest in front of a small cottage.

Every type of colorful flower lined the dirt pathway that led to the cottage. Trees as tall as mountains stood proudly behind the home.

“Let’s just hope these trees can’t talk.” Youngjae whispered.

Daehyun led the way to the front door as he carefully knocked on it.

The door slowly crept open to reveal a man dressed in a dark green robe.

The man had raven colored hair that was sticking out in all directions, skin so pale that he looked like a ghost, and piercing black eyes.

His eyes roamed over his guests before he softened his expression.

“Daehyun, today is my day off if you’ll remember correctly.” The man stated.

“I know Himchan but I’m here for a personal matter.” Daehyun replied.

Himchan sighed before he opened the door and motioned for the men to come inside.

They all stood in the room taking in the sights.

Shelves lined every wall and were completely filled with books. A small table sat in the middle of the room with a crystal ball and a book lying in the center of it.

Strange symbols were drawn on the walls and pieces of paper. A small potion crafting area was situated in the corner of the room.

Himchan stood next to the center table holding a black wooden staff in his hand.

He wore a silver star pendant around his neck that seemed to glow in the sunlight.

“Jongup! We have guests!”Himchan shouted.

In no time at all a young man with dark red hair and brown cloth robe came swiftly down a narrow staircase.

“Daehyun, you remember my assistant Jongup, right?” Himchan asked as he looked to the younger.

“Of course I do. We must focus on the matter at hand though.” Daehyun calmly replied.

“Very well then. How may we be of service?” Himchan asked humbly.

“My friend Youngjae here was given a Sunshine necklace by a mermaid. He and his friend Sehun appeared here yesterday and we don’t know how it happened.” Daehyun explained.

Himchan walked over to Youngjae and stared at him, “may I?”

Youngjae slowly nodded as Himchan reached for the necklace and carefully observed it.

Everyone stood in anticipation as Himchan made several facial expressions before he slowly nodded and released the necklace.

“Youngjae is a member of the Suntan race. It is a race that once ruled the kingdom of Woe thousands of years ago. They were mostly wiped out by the Elven race. The Suntan people have extraordinary gifts and they were said to be the most powerful of all the races. Tell me Youngjae, have you noticed anything different about you here lately?” Himchan asked as if he was lost in thought.

“Other than Sehun and I getting teleported here somehow, no.” Youngjae replied as he shook his head.

“Can you tell me what you two were doing right before you ended up here?” Himchan questioned.

“Well I was reading what Youngjae wrote out loud and then we ended up here.” Sehun replied.

“I see. Youngjae could you write something down for me and Sehun could you read it aloud after he’s done.” Himchan stated.

“Okay.” The boys said in unison.

Youngjae walked over to the table and grabbed the feather pen and started to scribble something down.

As soon as he was finished he handed the paper to Sehun.

“A gentle breeze blew and with it a squirrel appeared in the cottage that could speak.” Sehun read.

Sehun placed the paper on the table and waited with the rest of the guys.

Suddenly a breeze blew in from the windows and with it came a brown squirrel who hopped on to the table.

“Fascinating. It would appear that you are both of the Suntan race.” Himchan said in awe.

“Excuse me your highness but it is an honor to see you again.” The squirrel stated.

“Did that squirrel just speak to us in a British accent?” Sehun questioned.

“What’s a British accent?” Zelo asked curiously.

“I’m sorry but have we met before?” Daehyun asked the squirrel.

“My apologies king Daehyun but I was referring to prince Youngjae.” The squirrel said apologetically.

“Me? A prince?” Youngjae said in shock.

“Do you not remember your highness?” The squirrel asked as it cocked its head.

“I don’t remember my past.” Youngjae said softly.

“Allow me to help you then.” The squirrel said happily.

“Okay.” Youngjae replied in a confused voice.

“You hail from the kingdom of Woe. The king and queen are your parents. Your mother is of the Suntan race just as you are. Your friend Sehun here is also of the Suntan race. He was placed as your guardian at a very young age. You two were always close like brothers even. One night you both were kidnapped and sent away by Chanyeol the court magician. He has wanted a war to start between both kingdoms for so many years now. He thought that it would be easier to take over both kingdoms if Youngjae was out of the picture. We have been at war ever since.” The squirrel spoke sadly.

“After all these years you have returned to us. We will finally be able to restore peace to both kingdoms.” Daehyun said happily.

“Wait your majesty. It isn’t that simple. Youngjae must remember his past. His memories must be used as proof of who he really is otherwise our cause will be lost. We can’t just walk into Woe and expect them to believe us.” The squirrel firmly stated.

“The squirrel is right. We need actual proof that he really is the missing prince. We are still at war after all. We need to plan this carefully and gather an army just in case things go bad.” Yongguk suggested.

“Well count me in. I’m up for a good brawl.” Zelo chirped.

“I agree as well. I will lend my aid and my friends will also help I’m sure, and please call me Mumble.” The squirrel said happily.

“I will join also. I need to put my magic to good use.” Himchan smirked.

“Then I will come too.” Jongup said as he looked at Himchan and blushed a little.

“I go wherever Youngjae goes.” Sehun said.

Youngjae instantly shook his head, “no. Absolutely not. I won’t have anyone die for me.”

Before anyone could say anything Youngjae stormed off outside into the darkness.

“You should go after him.” Yongguk said quietly to Daehyun.

Daehyun just nodded to the elder before he slipped off after Youngjae.

 

 

Youngjae leaned against a tree staring up at the sky that was littered with diamonds.

Millions of thoughts were running through his mind at once and he felt like he was going to explode.

“It’s not safe being out here at night.” Daehyun said softly.

“Sorry.” Youngjae mumbled.

“No need to be. Do you want to talk about it?” Daehyun asked as he placed a gentle hand on Youngjae’s shoulder.

“I’m so lost right now. I live my whole life thinking I’m one person when in reality I’m someone completely different. Who am I?” Youngjae asked as he turned to face Daehyun.

“You’re Youngjae. Nothing has changed. Don’t let a title scare you. A title doesn’t make a man, his actions do.” Daehyun said.

“Daehyun, I’m scared.” Youngjae whispered.

Daehyun pressed his hand against Youngjae’s cheek and gently it.

“Me too but I have faith that everything will work out in the end.” Daehyun said quietly.

“So what about us then?” Youngjae asked as a blush rose on his cheeks.

“You don’t have to decide right now. I won’t force you to do something you’re not comfortable with. I’ll wait for you for as long as it takes. I made a promise to you long ago and I intend to keep it.” Daehyun whispered.

“Thank you.” Youngjae replied in a hushed whisper as he closed his eyes.

Daehyun smiled at the sight before he planted a gentle kiss on Youngjae’s forehead.

“Come back inside when you’re ready.” Daehyun whispered as he walked off.

When Youngjae slowly opened his eyes he saw that Daehyun was nowhere in sight.

A smile graced his lips as he ran his hand over the place where Daehyun’s lips had been.

He couldn’t hide the blush on his face that appeared when he thought about what it would feel like to have Daehyun’s lips on his own.

He traced his lips with his index finger and smiled even wider.

He had shared a kiss with Daehyun before if only he could remember it.


A/N: This story probably has about five or six more chapters to go. I don't like to make stories that go on forever. Got some HimUp in here with some cute DaeJae. Suntan is pronounced as one word and not as sun-tan as in the skin color. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those who have read, commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I appreciate it!! ^_^