First

Euphoria (hiatus)

His brown orbs peeled open one at a time as the sunlight shone down on his face.

He let out a slight groan before he pulled the covers off of his warm body.

He sat up in his bed and stretched slowly before his feet made a quiet thump on the floor.

The male crept lazily into his bathroom and took in his haggard appearance in the mirror.

Tousled black hair that stuck out in all directions, flawless bisque colored skin, light pink rose colored lips, and nut brown doe like eyes.

His fingers were long but the nails were bitten off due to a nervous habit he kept.

He ran his fingers through his silky charcoal colored hair before he shook it in an awkward manner.

After a moment of silently debating to himself he quickly got ready for the day and headed out of his lonely home.

 

 

The boy walked silently to his school until he was greeted by his only friend, Sehun.

Sehun slung his arm around the males shoulder and chuckled before he spoke, “slept in late again huh, Youngjae?”

“Yeah. I did.” The said male mumbled in response.

“Were you up writing again? What’s the name of that place you’re always writing about called again?”  Sehun questioned as he opened the school gate.

“It’s called Euphoria. I didn’t pick the name.” Youngjae said quietly.

“Right. Of course you didn’t because you had a dream about this place and dreams are obviously real.” Sehun said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

“But it is real. I’m telling you there is a whole other world out there just waiting for us.”  Youngjae said happily.

“Well if that’s true then why were you the only one chosen to see it?” Sehun questioned as they walked up to their lockers.

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I’m just weird.” Youngjae shrugged.

Sehun let out a hearty laugh at his friend, “I’ll see you at lunch man.”

Youngjae merely nodded to his friend. His mind was too preoccupied at the moment to really pay any attention to his surroundings.

 

 

Youngjae sat at the picnic table during his lunch break sketching on his drawing pad that he kept with him at all times.

“Now what does King Daehyun look like again?” Youngjae mumbled to himself.

He tried to draw Daehyun exactly as he looked in his dream.

Flawless ochre colored skin, toffee colored shaggy hair, crescent shaped chocolate eyes, puffy pale pink lips, tall and slender with muscular arms, and a piercing gaze that will melt the hearts of all those he looks upon.

Daehyun was dressed in a light golden medieval outfit with a golden crown placed on top of his head. There were red and blue jewels placed intricately on his crown and his outfit seemed to make his entire body glow.

He looked rather majestic as he sat upon his golden throne. The King loved the color of gold.

King Daehyun was a fine ruler and he kept peace and order in the lands but in another land, across the sea, called Woe lived an evil king named Baekhyun.

Both kingdoms were at war with each other.

“Whatcha drawing, Jae?” Sehun asked as he sat down beside Youngjae.

“I’m trying to draw the King of Euphoria. I can never get his eyes right.” Youngjae grumbled in frustration.

Sehun peered over at the drawing and shook his head.

“You’re drawing is perfect. It looks like he’s going to come to life and jump off the page any minute now.” He said as he hovered over the perfected drawing.

“I wish it was real. I wish I could really visit this place. I wish everything I wrote was real. I feel like this place was meant for me ya know.” Youngjae said as he looked over at his friend.

“Ya! Don’t leave me behind if you go. I don’t wanna be stuck here either.” Sehun pouted.

Youngjae chuckled at his friend, “okay. I’ll take you with me then. Do you have plans tonight?”

“Nope. Why?” Sehun asked as he bit into his burger.

“Want to sleepover tonight with me?” Youngjae questioned.

“Sure. You can let me read some of your stories then.” Sehun suggested.

Youngjae just shook his head slowly, “not until I finish them. I just want them to be perfect.”

“Jae, if your writing is half as good as your drawings then it’s already perfect. Just show me one page tonight and I swear I won’t bother you about it anymore.” Sehun begged as he lightly shook his friend’s shoulders.

“Okay. Just one page though.” Youngjae stated.

 

 

Youngjae and Sehun made it to Youngjae’s house and they were currently looking through stacks of papers together.

“Just let me read something already.” Sehun whined.

“Fine.” Youngjae mumbled as he wrote something down and handed it to Sehun.

“At the of midnight, Youngjae and his friend Sehun were transported to the land of Euphoria with nothing but the clothes on their backs.” Sehun read aloud.

He shot Youngjae a dirty glare before he spoke, “Jae this isn’t even funny.”

“Okay. I’m sorry. Here. You can read this.” Youngjae said as he handed Sehun a piece of paper with writing covering the entire page.

Sehun glanced over the paper before he silently read it to himself.

Youngjae stood in front of him nervously biting at his fingernails while he waited for his friend’s reaction.

Sehun looked up at Youngjae and didn’t say a word.

“Is it that bad? It is isn’t it?” Youngjae said in a trembling voice.

Sehun shook his head slowly, “no. Jae this story is perfect. You go into so much detail when explaining something that I feel as if I’m really the character in your story. You have a gift Jae. Don’t let it go to waste.”

“I won’t. I promise I won’t.” Youngjae said as he stifled a yawn.

“Don’t fall asleep on me Jae. We still have tons of movies to watch tonight.” Sehun chuckled.

“I know. I make no promises though.” Youngjae said as he held up his right hand.

A sudden chime of the grandfather clock in the hallway had both of the boys jumping in shock before they started laughing.

“Must be midnight now. Let’s see if what you wrote will actually come true or not.” Sehun smirked.

The clock continued to chime away as both boys stood side by side.

What happened to them next was something that no magician could ever explain.

 

 

 

When the final chime of the clock stopped both boys looked at each other and smiled.

Not even a second later the ground on which they stood was now no more.

Both boys went drifting through a white light faster than the blink of an eye.

Be careful what you wish for.


A/N: First chapter is now up. I hope you all will enjoy this story. Comments and subscribers are welcome here!! ^_^