Third

Euphoria (hiatus)

The trio stood in the center of the bed chambers.

The large silk covered bed could easily fit at least six people in it if not more.

Arched steps led up to the bed and large armoire sat in the corner next to a small study desk.

Long dark curtains hung to the side of the large windows and a balcony overlooked a magical garden.

“If you need anything please feel free to ask one of the maids here. They will be glad to assist you in any way. I must head back to my people now. You will be in good hands here.” Nayeon said as she flew out the door.

“Does all of this feel like a dream to you?” Sehun asked Youngjae.

“A little bit. I wonder what they mean by the chosen ones though.” Youngjae pondered.

“No clue but I’m heading to my room now. I’m tired.” Sehun mumbled as he yawned and stretched.

“Okay. See you in the morning then.” Youngjae said as he watched his friend walk off and close the door behind him.

Youngjae stepped on to the balcony and took in the breathtaking view.

The dark sky was lit up by white diamonds, and the white colored moon was so close you could almost reach out and touch it.

On the ground were purple flowers that literally glowed from the light they gave off.

A narrow pebbled pathway wound through the garden and stopped in front of a weeping willow tree that had a small wooden bench beside it.

The sound of rushing water could be heard as a crystal clear creek rushed through the middle of the garden. The tiny bridge that led towards the tree was made of a dark wood.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” A voice said beside Youngjae.

Youngjae jumped at the voice as he turned to look at the stranger.

He was face to face with none other than King Daehyun.

“Y-yes. It is a beautiful sight your majesty.” Youngjae stammered.

“Indeed. These flowers you see before us are called Moon Lilies, and they only bloom at night. They capture the light from the sun and absorb it then release the light when they bloom each night.” Daehyun explained.

“That sounds very beautiful actually.” Youngjae mumbled as he watched the flowers bloom.

“One would think so, right? I once stood here many years ago with someone very special to me and watched these flowers bloom. He once told me that there is beauty in darkness, and that light always shines the brightest in the dark.” Daehyun murmured as he leaned against the railing of the balcony.

“What happened to this person?” Youngjae asked him curiously.

“He disappeared ten years ago. He was the Prince of Woe and that was when we all lived in peace. Our kingdoms were strong allies and he was the sole heir to the throne. We were to be united in matrimony on his eighteenth birthday. Both of us were just kids then so we didn’t understand the ways of tradition. When he overheard our parents talking about our arranged marriage he ran and told me. I remember smiling at him that day before I kissed him. He looked at me in shock before he ran off. I tried to chase after him but I couldn’t find him anywhere. I told our parents what happened and his father became angry with me and said it was my fault that he ran off. His parents left our kingdom and soon declared war upon on us saying that we had kidnapped their only child. It was a lie of course but we’ve been at war with them ever since. A week later when I went to my room I found a message left on my desk in unfamiliar writing telling me not to worry and that he was somewhere safe. I tried to find the person who wrote the letter but I couldn’t them. I spent years searching for the writer and for him but alas my cause was lost.” Daehyun whispered in a saddened voice.

“I’m sorry your majesty. I hope you are able to find him soon. D-do you still love him?” Youngjae questioned.

“Of course I do. He was and still is my betrothed. I won’t stop searching until I find him and we are finally together again.” Daehyun firmly stated.

“Good. Don’t give up. I know he’s out there somewhere.” Youngjae beamed.

Daehyun chuckled at him before he spoke, “you kind of remind me of him. I think it’s your eyes that give you away.”

Youngjae blushed and bit his lower lip before he looked away from Daehyun.

“You both radiate this sense of pureness. I feel like you are destined for great things Youngjae.” Daehyun smiled as his eyes turned to crescents.

“Thank you your majesty.” Youngjae mumbled as he nodded to Daehyun.

“I’ll see you in the morning. We can talk more then. I’m very curious as to how you and your friend arrived here.” Daehyun smirked as he left Youngjae to his thoughts.

 

 

 

Youngjae and Sehun arrived in the dining hall the following morning with empty stomachs and wide eyes.

The dining table could easily fit at least fifty people, and the entire table was full of food fit for a king.

Daehyun and Eunji sat at opposite ends of the table with maids standing beside both of them.

“Good morning to you both. Please have a seat wherever you like.” Eunji said sweetly as she smiled to the guests.

“Thank you.” Youngjae and Sehun said in unison as they bowed to the Jungs.

Youngjae and Sehun took seats across from each other in the middle of the table.

Plates and silverware were quickly laid out in front of them as they began to eat their first meal of the day.

“So tell me, how did you two appear here?” Daehyun asked curiously as he bit into a piece of pork.

“Well it all happened so fast. One minute we were standing in my bedroom then the next minute we were standing in a pure green forest.” Youngjae explained.

“I see. Perhaps we should visit our court magician then. He has a home in the forest where the faeries live. Maybe he can tell us more about how you appeared here.” Daehyun stated.

“Good idea brother. Let’s all go see him after breakfast.” Eunji chimed in.

“No sister. I want you to stay here.” Daehyun commanded.

“But why? I’m not a child anymore Daehyun.” Eunji pouted.

“I know but I don’t want you to get hurt. I couldn’t bear the thought of losing the only family I have left.” Daehyun said quietly.

“Daehyun…” Eunji whispered.

Daehyun looked up from his half-empty plate before he spoke quietly, “please excuse me for a moment. I just need some air.”

With that Daehyun quickly got up and walked away from the group.

Eunji stared at her guests with sad eyes.

“I must apologize for my older brother’s behavior. He’s just having a difficult time and I hope you won’t take what he says personally.” Eunji bowed her head to her guests.

“Your highness if I may, what happened just now?” Sehun questioned before he bowed his head quickly.

“Ten years ago a war broke out between our kingdom and the kingdom of Woe. I was five at the time and my brother was ten. Our parents went out to fight in the war and ended up getting killed in the process trying to resolve matters between our kingdoms in a peaceful manner. Our parents were the greatest rulers who ever lived and now that Daehyun has taken his place as our king he feels like he will never measure up to be a great ruler like our parents were.” Eunji said softly as her gaze lingered towards the doorway.

“It’s time for us to go now.” Daehyun stated as he leaned against the door frame.

“Be safe my brother. May the light guide your way.” Eunji replied.

Daehyun gave her a slight nod before he looked at his guests.

“So, have you ever rode a horse before?”


A/N: All I have to say right now is f* you Hunger Games....(I work in a movie theater).....I work too much now so updates on both stories may be super slow. Not really f* you to the Hunger Games because it's a great series but yeah.....anywho, I'm sure you all can guess who Daehyun's betrothed was/is...right? Let's see how this story plays out. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have read, commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. Thanks for the support!! ^_^