Fifth

Euphoria (hiatus)

Nestled deep on the other side of the Forbidden Forest laid the kingdom of Woe.

This kingdom was anything but friendly.

Woe harbored the most dangerous of creatures both human and not human.

Hidden within the Forbidden Forest lived the broody Elven race.

These elves were not the kind and loving creatures that you read about in storybooks or see in movies. They were cruel, heartless, murderous creatures that valued no life but their own.

Elves would attack first then ask questions later. They never abided by the human laws and they were the most feared race.

Elves fought with agility and speed. They stuck to the shadows and treetops making them hard to find.

Not far from the elves was the Giant’s Cove that harbored the Giant race.

The Giants were the mightiest of warriors who fought for King Baekhyun.

Giants were both feared and respected.

Giants were the tallest creatures in the land and often fought with their fists or with whichever objects they could find.

One swift blow from a Giant could kill a man. Many people say that their strength came from the rage they harbored but none could be sure.

 

 

The city of Despair was home to King Baekhyun and his wife Queen Naeun.

Despair’s architecture was based on the Gothic period in American history.

Men and women’s clothing were made of black and black lace.

Gargoyles sat on top of buildings eyeing the crowds of people walking past like they were its prey.

The palace was built like a gothic style cathedral.

The palace was the most impressive sight in the kingdom.

Darkness fell over the kingdom of Woe ten years ago when the prince was kidnapped.

Many people say that he was the sunshine that kept the world at peace.

When the prince was stolen that’s when a cursed darkness fell upon the land. None who lived here ever saw the sun again.

 

 

“Suho, what’s your report?” Baekhyun asked as he leaned back on his dark colored throne.

Suho, the chocolate haired male with dark colored eyes stared back at the king and nodded.

“The elves will not allow us to pass through the forest, my king. We have searched the area and found no other way to pass through to the kingdom of Euphoria.” Suho said as he bowed to the king.

Baekhyun’s eyes turned dark just like his dark colored suit as he glared at his head soldier.

“Kill the elves then if you must. Just see to it that we are able to strike at the heart of Euphoria in five days’ time.” Baekhyun hissed.

“It will be done my king.” Suho bowed before he swiftly left the throne room.

Baekhyun rested his head in his hand before he ran his hand through his black locks.

“Ten years and still no sign of our son.” He mumbled in defeat.

Queen Naeun sat beside her husband and gently grabbed his hand.

“We will have our son back. He’s alive and well. I can feel it my dear husband.” She replied softly.

“Ten years since we’ve been at war with our once most trusted allies. I know they are hiding our son somewhere.” Baekhyun snarled as he slammed his fist on his armrest in anger.

“We’ll find our son dearest husband. We must have patience.” The queen spoke.

“Patience does not win a war.” The king stated.

A man dressed in a black cloak holding a wooden staff with a white orb at the top of it came walking in through the doors.

“Your majesties, king Daehyun and his guard Yongguk are travelling through the forest with two unfamiliar companions.” The strange man said.

“I see Chanyeol. Make sure they do not reach their destination.” Baekhyun smirked.

“As you wish your majesty.” Chanyeol bowed slightly before he walked off.

 

 

 

King Daehyun trotted slowly through the forest thinking about what Youngjae had said to him earlier.

Was he being selfish and not caring about how others would feel if he were gone?

“He’s right you know.” Yongguk mumbled as he moved his horse beside Daehyun’s.

“What?” Daehyun questioned as he turned to look at Yongguk.

“Youngjae is right. You are being selfish. If your betrothed were here do you think he would approve of your behavior? I’ve known you both since we were kids and I know he wouldn’t want you acting like this.” Yongguk stated.

Daehyun sighed before he spoke, “you’re right. With my parents and my betrothed gone I just don’t know what to do anymore. What should I do, Yongguk?”

“Move forward with your life. Stop living in the past. You can’t change what has already been done. Find someone who will make you want to live again.” Yongguk smiled as he patted his horses head.

“Like who?” Daehyun asked in a whisper.

“What about him?” Yongguk asked as he nodded his head towards Youngjae who was taking in the scenery.

“Youngjae? I don’t even know him though.” Daehyun stated.

“Then talk to him. Get to know him. I think he would make a fine ruler. Don’t you agree?” Yongguk smirked.

Daehyun turned to look at Youngjae as a genuine smile graced his lips.

The younger took in the scenery like a small child. His eyes were wide with wonder and curiosity as his black tousled hair blew in the wind. His gentle hand caressed the head of his horse that softly neighed in approval.

“Yes. I believe so.” Daehyun replied as he continued to stare at the younger.

Youngjae looked up and met eyes with Daehyun. The two became lost in each other’s eyes as compassion poured through them both.

A blush rose on Youngjae’s cheeks before he gently bit his lip and turned away from the elder.

Neither of them could deny the way their hearts sped up when they looked at each other for what felt like the very first time.

 

Their gazes were broken as soon as they heard the sound of a tree being snapped in half.

All four companions soon turned their attention to a section of the forest where they could see a tree falling down on the ground.

Yongguk held up a hand as he slowly led his horse to where the commotion was.

The other three companions soon followed quietly behind him and they all stared wide eyed as they watched a boy lift a tree up from the ground by its roots.

The baby faced boy was a mere six feet tall, lanky, had snow white skin, and a mop of curly blonde hair.

He instantly spotted the group of males and began to swing at them with the tree he was holding in his hand like a weapon.

A scowl was placed on his face as he began to swing madly at the group.

The horses became scared and started to buck wildly as if they were trying to get away as quickly as they could.

“Hold your ground men! State your name and business stranger!” Yongguk yelled out.

“I am Zelo. I have orders from my king to kill you all on sight.” Zelo stated.

“Great. Now we have Giants after us. Perfect.” Daehyun grumbled.

“Hey! I’m only half Giant. My mother was human.” Zelo pouted.

“How old are you anyways? You’re too young to fight.” Yongguk replied calmly.

“I’m seventeen. I have to fight though. I have nowhere else to go. The king took me in since I don’t have a family.” Zelo sniffled.

“You can come live in our kingdom. We can take care of you.” Yongguk said in a kind tone.

“What?! He’s a Giant. They are the enemy.” Daehyun hissed.

“No they are not. We all lived in peace at one time. We can surely do it again. Besides I’d rather not murder an innocent child today.” Yongguk replied in hushed tones.

“Fine but he’s your responsibility.” Daehyun grumbled.

“Of course, your majesty.” Yongguk smirked.

Daehyun just rolled his eyes at his childhood friend.

“Come with us.” Yongguk said to Zelo as he held his hand out to the younger.

Zelo hesitated for a moment before he threw the tree on the ground which made a loud crash before he gently took the elder’s hand.

An invisible spark shot through the both of them as their hands touched.

Zelo blushed slightly as he climbed on the back of Yongguk’s horse and wrapped his arms around the elder’s waist.

“Thank you.” Zelo mumbled into the elder’s back.

“For what?” Yongguk asked in a confused voice.

“For giving me a chance.” Zelo replied as his grip tightened on the elder.

“You’re welcome. I can tell you’re not a bad person.” Yongguk stated as they rode slowly through the forest.

“How so?” Zelo questioned.

“Because there is no such thing as a bad person. Only their actions are bad.” Yongguk explained.

The younger pondered Yongguk’s words for a moment before he gently back hugged the elder causing a small blush to form on the elders face.

Daehyun smiled at the display of affection Yongguk and Zelo were showing towards each other.

He just shook his head and chuckled at the both of them.

His gaze fell on Youngjae who was talking quietly with his friend Sehun.

Youngjae looked as if he were glowing and this made Daehyun smile even brighter.

To Daehyun, Youngjae was the definition of perfect if perfect even existed.


A/N: Get a little taste of DaeJae and BangLo in here. HimUp will be in the next chapter. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks for all of the love and support!! Also, thanks for the comments, subscribers, and votes. ^_^