Fourth

Euphoria (hiatus)

The sound of clomping from horse hoofs was the only sound that could be heard as the trio of guys rode slowly down the dirt path in the forest.

Daehyun trotted down the path on his pure white Arabian horse that had a golden saddle and golden tassels on its feet.

Beside him was Youngjae who rode a black Arabian horse that had a matching leather saddle.

Next to Youngjae was Sehun who rode a brown Arabian horse with a matching leather saddle.

The sound of a galloping horse coming up behind them made them halt their actions.

A man with chestnut colored hair that was shaved on the sides came galloping up to the trio on his black Arabian horse.

“Your majesty, princess Eunji asked me to guard you while you were away from the palace.” The stranger stated.

“If you must, Yongguk. Youngjae and Sehun here are my honored guests. Please show them kindness as well.” Daehyun instructed.

Yongguk merely nodded as he tapped the side of his horse as a confirmation to start moving again.

 

The four guys rode through the forest where Youngjae and Sehun had landed when they first got here.

“What news about our troops, Yongguk?” Daehyun asked as he continued to keep his eyes on the path.

“Nothing good, your majesty. The enemy grows closer to us each day. I fear a war within the kingdoms will soon be upon us.” Yongguk replied in a saddened voice.

“If that happens then I will stand and fight with my people.” Daehyun firmly stated.

“I must ask that you not. If you do then you will be killed. Our kingdom needs you.” Yongguk stated.

“Eunji can take my place. She would make a far better ruler than I anyway.” Daehyun said quietly.

Youngjae listened on to them with anger boiling inside him until he was ready to explode.

“How can you be so selfish?! You would just throw your life away so easily like it means nothing?! How selfish can you be?!” Youngjae shouted as he forced his horse to run deeper into the forest.

The three remaining guys looked at each other in shock.

“Youngjae!” Sehun eventually shouted as he made his horse run after the elder.

The king and his guard quickly took off after the two younger boys leaving only a trail of dust behind them.

 

 

Youngjae soon found a mystical pond in the middle of the forest. It was surrounded by trees but a solid beam of sunlight shot through the trees and hit the middle of the pond making it sparkle in the light.

A rock formation in the form of steps was perched beside where Youngjae stood.

He quickly leapt off his horse and led it over to the water. The horse glanced down at the water before it began to drink from it.

Youngjae rubbed the horses head softly before he went to sit down on the rocks.

“Why do you look so sad, sunshine?” A feminine voice asked.

Youngjae looked around before he saw a beautiful woman swim up next to him.

She looked at him with big brown eyes that were full of concern. She had pale skin, a perky nose, small pouty light pink lips, pencil thin eyebrows, and long black curly hair that hung down the right side of her shoulder.

This female was the pure definition of feminine beauty.

“W-who are you?” Youngjae questioned as he scooted away from her.

“My name is Leah. What is your name, sunshine?” She asked sweetly.

“I’m Youngjae.” He replied shakily.

Leah smiled at him as she flashed a dark blue fish tail at him.

His eyes widened in shock as he stared at her, “you’re a mermaid?!”

“Of course I am. So what’s bugging you dear sunshine?” She asked as she propped her arms on the rock beside Youngjae.

“It’s the king….” Youngjae trailed off.

Leah giggled slightly before she cocked her head, “of course it is. Tell me, how much do you know of your childhood?”

“Nothing. I can’t remember anything.” Youngjae said as he shook his head.

“I see. It’s funny you chose to come here. King Daehyun and his betrothed always used to come here. Those were of course when we lived in much happier times. Be his sunshine, Youngjae. He needs you more than you realize.” Leah said as she took his hand gently.

“Do mermaids really know everything then? I mean, do you know everything?” Youngjae asked her as he clutched her hand.

“I do. I see and hear all. I know everything. I know who you really are Youngjae. All mermaids share this. It is both a blessing and a curse.” Leah frowned.

“Then can you tell me who I really am and where I belong?” Youngjae pleaded.

“I cannot. It is forbidden to tell of one’s future or past. I can give you something that will help you though.” Leah said.

She opened her other hand to reveal a silver chain necklace with a sun emblem on it that had a bright yellow jewel in the middle of it.

“It is as I thought. You are the one they all seek. Take this necklace with you and never take it off. It will help you in the times to come.” Leah stated.

Youngjae nodded to her before he took the necklace and clasped it around his neck.

The jewel shined even brighter once he put it on and he tucked it away underneath his shirt so no one would attempt to steal such a precious treasure.

“I must take my leave now. Try to remember your past sunshine. It will help save your life and bring peace to the kingdoms once again. I know we will meet again. Goodbye.” Leah said hurriedly as she swam away as fast as she could.

Youngjae could hear the sound of horses galloping through the forest before the sounds grew louder.

Youngjae watched as his three companions halted right next to him on their horses.

“Youngjae, what were you thinking?! Do you know how worried I was? How worried we all were?!” Sehun grumbled as he walked over and embraced his friend tightly.

“I’m sorry.” Youngjae mumbled as he hugged his friend back.

Daehyun and Yongguk walked up beside the two of them and watched them carefully.

Daehyun’s gaze instantly went to Youngjae’s chest.

“Youngjae, what’s that around your neck?” Daehyun asked in a firm voice.

Youngjae pulled the necklace out from underneath his shirt and Daehyun’s eyes grew wide alongside Yongguk’s.

“Where did you get that?” Daehyun questioned.

“A mermaid named Leah gave it to me.” Youngjae replied nervously.

“You saw a mermaid?” Yongguk asked in disbelief.

“Yes. Is that a bad thing?” He asked.

“Only the truly worthy are able to see one. Those who aren’t will be killed on the spot.” Daehyun calmly stated.

“Did she say anything?” Yongguk chimed in.

“Only that I need to remember my past because it will save me as well as both kingdoms.” Youngjae mumbled.

“We must see my court magician. He may have some answers for all of this. Do not take that necklace off of you at any time.” Daehyun commanded.

Youngjae merely nodded his head in reply as the small group of guys hopped back on their horses.

In the distance Leah watched the group ride off on their horses with a smile on her face.

“Good luck sunshine.” She whispered into the empty air.


A/N: Next chapter we'll see what is going on in the kingdom of Woe. WARNING! It's not very friendly like in Euphoria. Also the mermaid in here is Leah Dizon. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have read, commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I appreciate it!! ^_^