(2) My Saviour (Last Part)

Jigsaw Love Puzzle (Yunho oneshot collections)

[Your POV]

Yunho arrived at the office that morning earlier than usual. He walked hastily towards his office as I stood up and greeted him good morning. I was more nervous that morning than any other day. What happened in the weekends was something I couldn’t forget. I just embarrassed myself, and probably him too. Plus, I left that night without informing him. I bet he was upset right now for what I did.

He didn’t even reply my greetings and immediately entered his office. I was shocked with his sudden attitude. I’ve never faced an angry Yunho before. I decided to proceed to his office, hands scrambling for his schedules notebook. I knocked on his door thrice before entering as usual.

Once I stepped into his office, he was scrambling his desk looking for something. He also grabbed a few files in the shelves and shoved them in his suitcase hastily. He looked like someone who was packing to run away. I was suddenly tongue tied as I watched him looking very exasperate.

“S-sir… can I help you with something?” I tried to ask him quietly.

He suddenly stopped what he was doing and sighed before looking at me. “Go home and pack up your clothes. You’re coming with me.” He simply said.

My eyes widened as I heard his order. C-coming with him? Is he trying to run away and bring me along with him? I gulped hard, maybe he was so mad at me last night… but what is this?!

“W-what are you t-talking about Mr. Jung?”

“Where’s the files for the Jeju project?” he ignored my question and kept looking for the files.

“It’s in the first drawer on your right.” I mumbled in return. “Mr. Jung can you explain to me what’s going on?” I asked him again.

Tired of him ignoring me, I walked over to him and grabbed one of his hands and turned him around. “Yunho-sshi!” He was forcefully spun to face me as our eyes met. Our eyes were locked to each other for a few minutes. I couldn’t speak when he was staring deep into my eyes, almost reaching my soul.

I felt nervous, that stare was very unusual. It’s not the type of stare you get from your boss for doing something bad, it’s the type of stare when he’s trying to tell you something. Unknowingly, his face inched closer to mine. Then I realized that I was still holding onto his hand. I quickly let it go and stepped backwards, increasing the space between us.

“S-sir… can you at least tell me where we are going?” I turned from the demanding girl just now back to his shy secretary.

He seemed to jolt back to his senses as he coughed in return. “There’s an emergency in Jeju and I have to settle it fast. It has something to do with our secret project but I need someone to help me with it.”

He sounded so devastated and defeated as he slumped himself on his chair. “I want you to come with me because… I trust you…”

***

I didn’t know what made me agree to follow him, but here I am sitting in the first class seat on our flight to Jeju. We haven’t spoken a word since the plane took off, Yunho was currently busy on his computer. I figured that it’s best not to disturb him since I wasn’t sure if he had cooled off yet.

I shifted my attention to the other passengers in the plane. Most of them came in pairs or small groups of family. They were probably travelling for vacation or honeymoon. I suddenly glanced over at my boss feeling a little bit awkward and shy.

Who wouldn’t? I was sitting in a plane next to my crush on our flight to Jeju. It awkwardly felt like we are going on our own honeymoon. But I really have to get my mind straight. We are here for work, not romance. Besides, according to the rules of our company, relationships are prohibited in the office. Plus, Jung Yunho is way out of my league.

“Secretary Yoo, can you get my suitcase from under the seat please.” Yunho asked, eyes still glued to the computer screen.

I was stunned for a while since he rarely calls me Secretary Yoo, unless he’s in a full work-mode. “Eh? Ah… y-yes sir.”

 

[Author’s POV]

“Thank you Mr. Jung for coming in at such short notice. I hope we’re not wasting your time with this.” The manager for Jeju Branch apologized with a bow.

Yunho patted his shoulder comfortingly. “That’s ok. If you hadn’t tell me, we might even face a more serious problem.”

“It’s all thanks to you, Mr. Jung. You and your secretary worked very efficiently to solve this.” He replied with a compliment.

*** 

You watched your boss talking with the branch manager as you heaved a sigh of relief. Thank goodness they managed to arrive on time in Jeju. The secret project or building that they had been working on experienced a few problems. You couldn’t help to watch him in amazement from afar. This is Jung Yunho at his best. Working to care for his workers regardless of time and place.

“He’s such a workaholic. I wonder if he has time for love.” You mumbled to yourself.

You pouted slightly at that thought. A big part of you constantly reminds that you and Yunho are worlds apart, while another smaller part of you wishes that you could be in his warm and loving embrace again.

“Aish, what am I thinking?! It’s impossible…”

“What’s impossible?” A voice suddenly jolted you back to reality. You turned to the owner of the voice who was standing very close to you.

You abruptly took a step backwards. Yunho just smirked as he leaned closer to whisper, “Nothing is impossible in this world.”

“A-are you done sir? Can we go back to Seoul now?” You immediately changed the topic, trying to hide your blush.

Yunho suddenly pouted, much to your surprise. “Unfortunately all the flights to Seoul is fully booked today. I was thinking of spending the night here.”

“W-what?! B-but… I promised my family that it’ll only be a one day trip.” You started to panic, fishing out your phone from your purse.

“I’ll talk to them.” Yunho offered.

 ***

[Your POV]

It took Yunho a good fifteen minutes on the phone to convince my parents that I’ll be alright with him in Jeju. We were now sitting on the beach bare-footed as we breathe in the wonderful sea breeze. Yunho stopped at the beach on our way to his hotel to relax his mind.

“This is refreshing.” He smiled as he breathe in with his eyes closed.

I just silently nodded with a small smile. Truth was, I felt a little bit chilly in the strong breeze. But I decided to keep it to myself since Yunho really enjoyed this relaxing time. Suddenly, I felt a warm blazer was placed around my shoulders. Glancing to my right, I saw Yunho smiling warmly at me.

“Don’t worry. I know you’re feeling a little chilly.” He reasoned.

“Thanks Yunho-sshi.” That was sweet of him.

“I’m sorry.” He suddenly apologized. I turned my head in confusion at his words. He had his hands in his pants pockets, eyes staring far into the sea deep in thoughts.

“That’s ok sir. I’m sure my family will understand-”

“Not that. I’m sorry for half-way tricking you to follow me to Jeju.” He confessed. “I brought you here so that I could talk to you in private.”

I was taken aback with his words, but I stayed silent to hear the rest of the story. “I’ve been meaning to talk to you about the banquet night. You left so suddenly… did you not like the banquet or you just felt uncomfortable with me?”

I was tongue tied at his confession. I never knew he’d be much more hurt than I thought he would. I bit my lip nervously, thinking hard of what to answer to him.

“I… I’m the one whose supposed to be sorry. I got into a little accident and my clothes were soaked in fruit punch, that’s why I have to go home.” It’s time for me to explain the truth. “I wanted to tell you but I knew you’re busy.”

“I seriously thought something bad happened to you.” Yunho faced me, staring deep into my eyes. “Please don’t do anything like that again.” I was startled when he suddenly engulfed me in a hug.

“Yunho-sshi, what are you-”

“Before I met you, I had let myself believe that my future would be lonely. All I had in the world was my work... but you changed that. You changed me.” Yunho confessed, holding me tightly to himself.

“Ever since the first time I saw you, I tried very hard to get close to you. You don’t know how happy I am when you became my secretary. I was able to meet you everyday, talk to you everyday, keeping my eyes on you everyday…”

“Y-Yunho-sshi… I-I…” I tried to say something but he placed one of his fingers on my lips.

“I wanted you to know how much you've made a difference in my life. I want you to know that you filled that space inside my heart. I want you to know that I...”

Before he could continue his long speech, I silent him with a sudden kiss on his lips. His eyes were open wide, never expecting something like that from me. I pulled away a few seconds later and smiled up at him.

“I love you too.” I admitted. My cheeks turning a shade of pink after my confession.

“I liked you a lot when I first saw you. But knowing that you’re the boss made me a normal office worker so out of your league. I always thought that a guy like you will never like a girl like me…”

“I’m glad to hear that. And I love you too, so much more.” He smiled warmly at me, leaning down to capture my lips with his again. I smiled through the kiss knowing that my love has been reciprocated.