(2) My Saviour (Part 2)

Jigsaw Love Puzzle (Yunho oneshot collections)

Jung Yunho & Yoo Inna (you)


[Yunho's POV]

I've been a creepy stalker lately, not that anyone noticed that. But since I first saw her that day, I couldn't help but wanting to see her more. It's my third visit to the factory this month and this time, I caught her staring at me. I glanced at her and smiled to myself. She looked flustered as she quickly dragged her sister my way and gave me a short greeting. She didnt even dare to look me in the eyes. I wonder what she thinks of me.

After doing my rounds and greeting a few workers, I finally decided to go home. Being able to see her from such close proximity was already enough to put a smile on my face for the whole day. But I wondered how long am I going to keep doing this. Won't sooner or later people will notice my weird behaviour? My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a desperate cry for help. A girl's voice to be exact.

I dashed towards the source of the voice, darting my eyes everywhere for any signs of danger. I saw a figure of a girl running away for her life not to far away from me. Trailing close behind her was a man, eagerly chasing after her. I didn't have a good feeling about that so i decided to chase after them. i found them a few minutes later. The guy was attacking and pushing the girl to the ground. Then I realised who the girl was. It was her, my angel. Anger fired in me as I grabbed the guy's collar from behind. I punched him with all my might. He looked very shocked to see me as I gave another punch and a kick until he ran away from there.

I would've already ran after him, but I saw her very scared and lying weakly on the floor as I helped her up. I didn't know what came to me at the moment, But I immediately wrapped my arms around her waist in a comforting hug. She was gasping for air, shocked and scared of what happened just now. Her arms were around me, responding to my hug. I know I shouldn't be enjoying this moment, but this was what I've always hoped for. 

"Shh... It's okay now. I'm here. Are you okay?" I comforted her.

She didnt respond as I grew worried. I cupped her face, making her look me in the eyes. "Hey, everything is fine now. Kwenchanayo." Her frightful look breaks my heart into pieces. She seemed shocked to see me but she nodded her head in reply.

As I was enjoying the hug, she suddenly pulled away from me. I still didn't let go of her waist as I shifted my attention to where she was staring. Almost half of the factory staffs and workers were staring at us while whispering by themselves. Way to ruin this special moment.

We were now seated comfortably in the manager's office. The manager already called the police and the criminal has been caught. She was sitting on the couch, staring down at her lap while both her hands were making tight fists. Was she still traumatic of what happened? I wanted to give her another hug, but the manager was there as well. I saw her shivering a little as I stood up and placed my blazer around her to keep her warm.

She wanted to protest, but seeing my concerned look, she just nodded and thanked me. "Manager Ha, I think we should give Miss Yoo here some days off work." I spoke, shifting my gaze at the loyal manager.

"I think so too sir. Inna-yah, have a good rest before you come to work again." Manager Ha patted her shoulders like a good father.

Inna finally lifted her head to face him before shifting her attention to me. "T-thank you sir." she stood up and bowed. "Thank you again for saving me."

"It's nothing. I just happened to pass by at that time." I gave her a warm smile while searching for her eyes. It seemed that she was still afraid to look me in the eyes.


-One week later-

I thought I wouldn't be hearing from this company anymore, but what happened that morning wasn't exactly what I imagined. Here I was, sitting at one of the couches in the executive floor of Jung Enterprises waiting to meet the big boss himself. I was fidgeting in my seat, wondering what did I do wrong to be called to the big office. A few minutes later, his secretary informed that I could finally enter his office. I took a deep breath and fixed my clothes, wanting to look presentable in front of him. Not only because I was about to face my crush, but I was also about to face the owner of the factory where I worked.

And yes, I do admit that I have a crush on him. But just a tiny bit... I guess. After he saved me at the factory a week ago, I couldn't forget about that incident at all. His comforting words, his warm hugs still lingered in my mind. I even still remember the manly scent that he gave off. But I shouldn't keep my hopes up. It's one sided anyways.

I softly knocked on his door before entering. As soon as I stepped into his office, I bowed and head slowly towards his desk. He gestured me to sit down while reclining on his comfy chair. I didn't even make eye contact the whole time. I was afraid, afraid that I might drown into his gaze again.

Yunho cleared his throat before breaking the silence. "I've heard from the manager of your branch that you're quitting." he spoke, leaning in closer to his desk.

I was shocked. How did he knew about this? I know he's the big boss, but he must have other important things to think about rather my petty resignment. At that moment I finally lifted my head up to face him. His eyes showed anger and disappointment. And I could also sense some... Worries and concern?

I tried to keep myself calm from fidgeting too much before answering his question. "Y-yes s-sir... I've decided to resign." I mumbled softly, scared of his response.

"But why?" he asked. I swore his tone sounded disappointed, worried and sad. Was I right?

I was biting my lips out of nervousness. I couldn't exactly tell him the reason, it would just bring me back to the frightful memory last week. The after effect of that incident wasn't pretty too. I hug my head low, thinking of a suitable reason to answer him. I guessed I was taking so long when he spoke again.

"Is it because of what happened last week?" he mentioned as I winced. "You don't have to worry I fired him and he's in custody now." he explained.

"I-it's not that..." I tried to reason. Well, that was one of the reasons. "I just feel uncomfortable working there now." I replied, not telling him the real reason.

I heard him sigh heavily. I couldn't exactly tell him the real reason, he might just think that I like to complain or whine. Truth was after that incident, there were some people who pitied me while some who dispised me me. They mocked me, insulted me and calling me bad things. Seemed that they didn't like the fact that my saviour was the almighty Jung Yunho. Was it my fault that he was he one who saved me?

"Still, you shouldn't quit just easily. I'm sure you're aware that it's very hard to look for a job these days." Yunho seemed to surrender after my refusal. He used a different tactic, trying hard to make me stay. I wonder why...

"I'm sure I'll be able to find one soon sir." I replied, still firm with my decision to quit.

"No, I won't let you." he spoke rather possesively with a hint of authority. I'm starting to think that he's acting weirdly. Was he like this to all his employees?

"But sir-"

"I won't let you quit. Instead, I'm gonna offer you another job," Yunho was now staring deeply into my eyes. "... As my secretary."

"But sir you already have one. Besides, I don't know the first thing about being a secretary." I widened my eyes at his proposal.

"She just a temporary one. My real secretary went to further her studies. As for experience, you can start learning soon." he proposed once again.

I gazed at my lap, deep in thoughts. This is a golden chance. I haven't started searching for a new job and he was right, it hard to find one these days. But what about my sister? I didn't want to leave her alone working at the factory office.

"But I have a sister working at the factory office too." I mumbled.

"She can also work here. In the department of her choice. I will look through her profile and place her in the field she's expert in." it seemed that I can't say no in this. He looked really determined about his decision.

An update! and I think i'll make this into a short story with 3-5 chapters only. sorry if the chapter is a little short ><.

I hope you will enjoy this update!

p/s: here's a trivia... Part 1 of this short story is a dream of mine.... >///< the rest, i just thought by myself.

comments anyone?