6 Feet Under the Star (Yong Guk)

B.A.P ONE SHOTS

Time to lay claim to the evidence, fingerprints sold…….

Arghhhh! This doesn’t even sound nice! Why can’t I write like how I used to. Why is nothing coming to me right now. It’s been getting late for days now and I think myself deserving of a little time off. I mean, how can I write when I’m so stressed about writing songs? It has to come from the heart. Always from the heart.

I decided to walk over my fridge to see if there’s anything I could drink to relax for a minutes. Well, a can of cold beers might seem to just do it for me. I went back to my room and decided to dig into my “blast from the past” box. This box contain many sentimental value. From the things I’m obsessed about (which turn to inspired me in a way or another) to memories of exes that I have issue parting with. I always take a look into that box when I’m need some kind of inspiration. You never know what can inspire you.

One particular picture stood out from this box today. It was the picture of me and her when we were walking down Thames Street in the beginning of winter. Ahh….. The memories. She look so good though and she still does. It was the first time we ever hanged out and god! I was a nervous wreck! But then again, how can I not be nervous when such a beautiful girl actually agree to hang out with me.

It all started off with a text. I had trouble constructing it as I don’t want her to know I was crushing on her. So I composed and dispose my words so many times until I found the right things to say. “I’m having a rough week and I think I deserve a little time off. We can just kick it here for hours and maybe just mouth off about the world?”. It may seems to casual, but we have been friends for some time. Yes, I purposely make it look like we’re just hanging out cause I need a little breather and not a date because I am worry that she will not even come to see me.

After sending her the text, I went to get myself another bottle of beer as I needed something to calm myself down. I just can’t believe I indirectly ask the girl of my dream out. We did hang out, but it’s always in the company of other people. This is a personal achievement as I never ask a girl out before, but I dread the answer to my hopes even more.

“Cool. Meet me on Thames Street?”. Oh my god! I couldn’t believe she say. She just decided to hang out with me. Ok, Thames Street might be a little far from where I am living, but I don’t care. All I care about is that she say yes. “Meet you in 10 minutes.” I texted back while I storm into my wardrobe trying to find something decent and warm to wear cause it’s freezing outside. Do I need to bring a scarf just in case she gets cold? My mind is just had a bad time functioning because it couldn’t process what just happened.

I remember every single details of our little date. From how cold it was to how stunningly beautiful she looks under the snow. All we did that talk to our hearts’ desire in a coffee shop. It was a quite night for that coffee shop, but I appreciate the silence as I get to heart her velvet smooth voice. I confessed to her that I have been harbouring feelings for her. I still remember the exact words that I utter when I thought my heart and soul disappeared into the abyss. I said “I’ll take you out though I’m hardly worth your time. In the cold you look so fierce, but I’m warm enough because the tension is like a fire. I’m not sure if you know, but you were the reason for this tension. I had a crush on you and I have been keeping my feeling from you because I’m afraid that you will not feel the same way.”

The next thing I remember was both of us in a car. I was driving and we’ll hit South Broadway in a matter of minutes. Like a bad movie, I’ll drop a line just to make things less awkward around us. She didn’t say a word. All she did was just smile and kiss me in the cheeks. Then and only then had I realize that she had accepted my feelings for her. You want to know what line I drop? Well, it’s cheesy as hell, but at least she smiled. All I said was “Let’s fall in the grave I’ve been digging myself, but there’s a room for two and we will be six feet under the starts”. I think she find my poetic self to be adorable. I don’t know, I’m just so in love with her that I lost myself.

 

I sit in my lonely room reminiscing about the old days. Suddenly, the cold beer doesn’t seem so cold anymore. I think I need more than just a cold beer to chill out. So I grabbed my phone and texted “I should have known better than to call you out on a night like this. If not for you, I know I’d tear this place to the ground by now. I think we deserve a little time off. We can kick it here for hours and just mouth off about the world”

Few minutes later, I got a reply and it says “You do realize it’s quite late at night right? You’re lucky you’re my boyfriend or else I will smite you to pieces. You better repay me with all the hugs and kisses you owe me and that chocolate cake too. Meet me in the coffee shop in Thames Street”. She is truly something isn’t she?

I guess I need to find something warm to wear and maybe bring a scarf as well since she is always a bit chilly from the winter winds. But I’m glad that I have her in my life. After so many years with her, I still gladly take her out even though I’m hardly worth her time and she still look so fierce because the tension between us never disappear.