Where Did The Party Go (Jong Up)

B.A.P ONE SHOTS

 

“Ige jjaritan geonji aejeolhan geonji gubuni andwae mwoga matneunji”. I know my singing is so out of pitch, but she seems to be enjoying it really well. I should thank the peaceful midnight park for making everything feel ok. She probably didn’t know but the only reason I’m here singing to her is to collect her hearts. I have fallen for her. This is the story of how we met and it’s probably a story that I’ll never forget

 

All I had in stored for this weekend was to just chill and relax at my favorite bar with a cold beer in hand. This bar was always filled with the regulars and no new comers. One of the reason that I choose this bar was that it’s loud enough to drown all those unnecessary noises going through my head while silence enough to let me hear my own heart beat. A guy like me need time to reflect on life. I’m not that old nor am I that young. Being in late 20’s make you think and do all kinds of crazy that you will either cherish or regret later on. I feel on the inside knowing that I’ll never have much to cherish later on when I think about my life. Being outgoing or sociable was never really my things. So, there’s no surprise there if I did not do anything interesting.

 

Looking around at the this ordinary bar, you can see the guy who is overly drunk while mumbling about how he regrets about breaking up with his girlfriend and the gentleman over there who is chilling himself down with a bottle of cold beer from the heated argument he had with his new wife. I dare say that everyone who steps into this club has his problem and this is the only place you can escape from it from a while. One glance through the club and you know that it’s filled with man. Only man.

 

While I’m half way through my problematic thoughts and that warm beer, she enters the scene. From that moment on, I know that today will not be just like any other ordinary day. The way she walks into the club as if she owns it. Her faded brown waves the opposite of her energetic eyes scanning through this place. Underneath that jacket hides an hourglass body that make car collides. One look at that lady and you know she’s perfection.

 

Hypnotize by what she have, I force myself to snap back to reality. Looking at the situation without a lustful mind, I wonder, why is this lady doing here? This is not a well known bar, nor a bar that is generally famous with the ladies. So why would she venture into unknown territory? Is she another lost soul looking for a place of comfort like the rest of the gentleman here? Or she just somehow stumble to this little bar and though of joining in?

 

After surveying around, the lady finally sat down at the corner of the bar. I guess it’s the best choice if you wish to avoid the rest of the civilization in this place. The waiter approached her and she waved him off only for the waiter to return with an order of bucket of cold beers. Well, I honestly don’t believe that she’s this thirsty to want to drink that many bottle of beers in one go. So, what is she really doing?

 

She probably did not realize my stare as she was popping those bottles. Popping bottles and drowning it down like there’s no tomorrow. One bottle after another. Damn, she’s a bloody good drinking har? I never seen a lady drown down so many bottle at one go. Curiosity got a hold on me and the next thing I know, I’m walking toward her table. What am I doing?

 

“Hey, do you mind if I join you?” “No, sit down please.” “You’re new here aren’t you?” “Yeah, you could say that. I passed by this bar a lot, but I never truly walked in. It seems that today is the right time to visit this place” “I see.” “By the way, I’m Jane. You are?” “I’m Jong Up. Nice meeting you, Jane” “Nice meeting you too, Jong Up, cheers for meeting a new friend at this foreign place.” “Cheers to that.”

 

Before we know it, we were already half way through the door. I don’t really remember what happen minutes ago. I just know we started drinking and then we were talking about something and we left the bar just like that. I blame the booze for my short term memory for this. It seems that the party is not ending so soon after all.

 

I’m probably half drunk by the time I reach the park with her by my side. Is this how being drunk feel like? Like you’re at the top of the world and nothing can bring you down? If it is, then I understand why everyone is seeking refuge under this substance. It feels awesome to be partly drunk, but it’s probably way more awesome being next to Jane.

 

“You want to know something, Jong Up?” “What?” “I kind of like the little bar that we were just in moments before.” “Why is that?” “It’s very different from the ones I been too.” “Mind explaining to me how different it is? Cause I’m inexperience when it comes to bar or club.” “Haha! You’re one funny man Jae. Well, the ones that I been to are always filled with the same scene. Desperate girl meet guy with guy smoking menthols in one end while the girls are getting back rubs on the other ends. Maybe I’m growing old or something, but I don’t feel like hanging in that kind of scene anymore. Of course, few years back, that is the thing that spice up my weekends. I just grow out of it right now.”

 

To be honest, I don’t really believe a word she says but I can’t stop listening. I truly don’t know what she is babbling about. I just know that her voice is as smooth as velvet and I don’t want her to stop talking because it feels like she is singing a lullaby to me. Damn, she looks so beautiful under the midnight moon. You know, I only wanted answered then she got me all ed up on love. I feel like we are the difference between love on those predictable drama and real love that we go through. I must be dreaming or just plain out drunken cause I think I just met the angels of my dream.

 

“Hey!” she said as she softly hit my arms. “Are you listening to me? Or you are too drunk to focus now?” Yes I am drunk. As cheesy as it seems, but I’m drunk by your beauty. “No. I mean Yeah! I’m definitely listening to you. I’m just pre-occupied with your magic. I mean the moon.” “Haha! I will pretend I did not hear that. But it’s true that the moon is beautiful today.” “Hey Jane, where did the party go?” “There was no party in the beginning, so where do you think it go?” “Sorry, I guess I’m too drunk. Shouldn’t have drank that extra bottle.”  “It’s ok. Everyone always have one bottle too much.”

 

And there we sat in the cold bench in the middle of a park admiring the dark surrounding. We sat there just like that for a few minutes. I’m trying my best to come up with a conversation because I miss her voice. I think I fallen for her. How is it possible to fall for someone you had meets an hour ago? I never believe in love at first sight, but this situation I’m in is the exact description of that. Maybe it’s just two lonely souls who walk into each other’s path, but I hope I would still be able to see her when I’m all sober up. I already miss her presence when I think about her leaving me. I want her next to me forever.

 

 “Hey, are you ok Jong Up?” I felt my cheeks turning ruby red when I felt her hand on my thighs. “Yeah I’m ok. Just a little drunk that’s all”. As she lays her head on my shoulder she said “I see. That’s good to know.”  “Jong Up, do you want to know where did the party go?” “Yeah. Where did it go?” “We ended it on the phone. Even so, I don’t want to go home alone.” “Well, Jane, you’re a grown lady. You can do whatever you want.” “Will you accompany me till we fade away together?” “Don’t worry. I will accompany you till we fade away together. I got a feeling that this is a story we will never forget.” “Yup, never forget.”