Chapter 6

Jealousy

EUNYOUNG POV

Hakyeon oppa likes me?

I never thought of it like that. I mean we’ve just been really good friends for so long. I stooped even lower into the chair I was seated on. Hongbin looked at me unsure of what to do. He gave me a reassuring smile and left the room.

I recollected past memories of Hakyeon’s actions. He was also so sweet and caring for me. He always took care of me when Seyong and I had a fight. Why didn’t I realise this before? But…but do I want Hakyeon and I to be more than friends? I sighed and put my head to the table.

My mind was swirling with possible outcomes if I rejected Hakyeon and if I said yes to liking him back. Wait… Do I even like him back? Or do I just feel pity towards him?

Footsteps came into the room and I sat up as my eyes focused on the figure. “Hakyeon-oppa”

“Eunyoung-ah I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to not tell you… It was just too hard. You don’t need to give me an answer. I promise you by the end of the week my feelings will have left and we will be back to normal. Okay?” He took my chin in his hand to make me look up at him. We both smiled knowing that our friendship was too strong to break.

“Let’s go. You must be hungry right? I’ll buy you lunch” He grabbed my arm and smiled.

Thank goodness Hakyeon-oppa understands me. I smiled to myself.

HAKYEON POV

‘Get rid of my feelings by the end of the week’ .What was I thinking?  I’m in love with her and once you’re in love it can’t just leave by you telling it to… but I guess I’m determined in Eunyoung’s sake. I know she hasn’t completely gotten over Seyong so for her I’m trying to make my feelings die down… even though they started way earlier than she probably thinks.

Anything to make her smile.

“Hakyeon-oppa. I’m really sorry”

I gave her a small smile… “You can’t control who you fall in love with”

“If only I really did fall in love with you though oppa… I mean you’re so nice, very handsome and you know how to cook! But I’m sorry I didn’t… you’ll find someone who truly deserves you though”

I mentally thanked her and just laughed softly pushing her as we entered the cafeteria. After buying our food we found Hongbin sitting at a table with a girl who was of medium height, she had long black hair and milky skin. We made our way to the table and placed our trays down.

“So you must be the famous girlfriend” I smiled in her direction “I’m Hakyeon. Hongbin only told us the other day so we actually haven’t heard much but it is very nice to meet you” I extended my hand to her and she lightly shook it.

Before she could say anything Eunyoung introduced herself “Hi I’m Eunyoung. Don’t think Hongbin is cheating on you with me if you ever see us together because we’re just really close friends. So I don’t want you to misunderstand” She smiled and extended her hand.

“I’m Zinni. Hongbin has actually told me how you all are really close so I will definitely not misunderstand. I’m really pleased to meet you, Hongbin has told me a lot about you both”

She had a sweet smile just like Hongbin. They would get along really well. Zinni and Eunyoung seemed like really good friends in the first 10 minutes of sitting down. I guess Eunyoung just needed a girl friend from time to time. Hongbin changed seats with Eunyoung so she could talk more with Zinni.

“So Hyung… are you guys officially a couple or are you going to hide it from me?” he whispered

I chuckled at his remarks “you were the one who hid his relationship from me! BUT NO we are not a couple. She’s still getting over Seyong and I don’t want her to feel sorry for me”

Hongbin pat my shoulder “don’t worry, you’ll find someone good”

“Yeah like you right?... you and Zinni really seem to match”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I updated after centuries! I know it's a boring chapter but I promise you it's just a filler chapter before everything else starts to happen. Thanks for all the comments and constructive criticism. Sorry for any mistakes i made in this chapter but enjoy