My missing pabo

Before I Leave

 

Chapter 4

My missing pabo


It's been days since the their picnic, and baekhyun still haven'nt figured out what this "wish" of his is. Feeling frustrated, baekhyun opened his laptop and checked his email.
nothing new.

sighing' baekhyun texted chanyeol' but the giant didn't reply. Baekhyun stared at his ceiling and his mind wandered to chanyeol's ex girlfriend. Baekhyun wondered how devastated chanyeol must have felt when she died. Then it hit baekhyun.

'what if my cancer goes back, I wouldbdie and hurt him'

baekhyun thought as anxiety crept up on him. Feeling the panic, baekhyun hurriedly dialed chanyeol's number, and this time, the taller male finally picked up.

"byun baekhyun"
"chanyeol, about our picnic, you wanted to kiss me right? I wanted to kiss you too, but I think we should stop this, we shoukd jusf stick to being friends."
"whoa, byun baekhyun, slow down, breathe".

chanyeol said, imagining how baekhyun looked like right at this moment.

"byun baekhyun, , yes I did want to kiss you, and I am glad that you wanted the same too". Chanyeol started. "and if you think we should stop, then it's okay".

"thanks chanyeiol, I like you too"
"right"
"right"
"chanyeol stop flirting"
"right"

bakhyun wanted to say "right" too, but he stopped himself.

"so, see you at school?". baekhyun asked.

"yeah, we have a long weekend next week, any plans?"
"hmmmm"
"byun baekhyun, you're thinking aloud?"
"yes I am. I have no plans.".
"okay then. goodnight byun baekhyun"
"goodnight."

the call ended and baekhyun sat on his bed , and thinking about how chanyeol's hand felt good on his cheeks. Feeling confused, baekhyun stood up and went to.kyungsoo's room. Baekhyun knocked three times before kyungsoo finally oppened the door.

"what do you want baek? it's late"

a sleepy kyungsoo mumbled and scratched his sleepy eyes.

"I have a boy problem kyung!".

"let me guess, chanyeol?".

baekhyun nodedd and looked at his feet.

"I knew it!". kyungsoo said before opening the door wider and letting his friend enter.

"I knew you like him! I mean, that guy is HOT. I would love to ride him".

baekhyun sent him a death glare and kyungsoo waved his hand in front of him.

"If, you didn't like him". kyungsoo said. "sooo, what's wrong with you and chanyeol?".

"his ex died in an accident, when I realize that my cancer might come back, I felt like I shouldn't cling to.him too much, and he shouldn't cling to.me too much too. I don't want him to get hurt when I die.kyung!".

kyungsoo smacked baekhyun in the back.of.his head before.speaking.

"you are stupid baekhyun, your cancer.won't come back, you won't die! stop being so negative".

"but ky---"
"shut up baek, you'll only hurt him if you avoid him."

baekhyun nodded and bid kyungsoo a good night before retreating back to his room.

baekhyun thought about what kyungsoo said. He likes chanyeol so much, but hurting the giant would kill him. Baekhyun didn't sleep very well that night, he tossed and turned, trying to get rid of the thought that his cancer would come back.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It's a cool school day and baekhyun woke up earlier than usual. He took out his school clothes before heading to the shower. Baekhyun didn't have a good night sleep, because of the.fact that he keeps seeing chanyeol's handsome face.
Baekhyun changed into his school uniform and went downstairs.

"you're earlier than usual baek." His uncle turned for awhile before turning back to what he's doing.

"yeah, couldn't sleep well last night.".

"and why is that?".

baekhyun contemplated wether he should tell his uncle about his problem with chanyeol or not.

"say, uncle, what would you do if you like someone, but can't be with then because you are scared to hurt them?".

His uncle seemed to be in deep thought because it took him a little while before turning to baekhyun and answering his.question.

"why would you hurt them if.you love him? or her?".

"well...."

"oh just be straight to the point baek, I won't judge you or anything. jeez".

baekhyun sighed, his uncle ill never judge him, or whatever. baekhyun is just acting stupidly

"okay, so there's this guy—"

"that you like" his uncle cut in.

"uncle! let me finish". his uncle nodded and gestured baekhyun to continue.

"okay,so there is this guy, that I LIKE--happy unlce?— who lost his girlfriend because of an accident.".

"aaand? I am not getting your point baek".

baekhyun heaved a heavy sigh before looking at his uncle

"I can't be with him because I'm scared that I might hurt him".

baekhyun's uncle gave him a questioning look.

"I don't see how you're going to hurt him ,baek, you didn't kill his ex just to get him didn't you?"

"God! uncle why would I do that?! and she died I think a year ago".

"I'm just saying! why so defensive?!". His uncle said, while laughing

"because you are accusing me of murder!".

"no I'm not!" .his uncle turned to what he's cooking and spoke again.

"in all seriousness baek, I know that you are thinking that your cancer might comeback—"

baekhyun is somehow amazed by his uncle's precise assumptions.

"I won't give you bull, it might comeback, but think clearly baek, you will hurt him either way, both of you fell for each other too deep already, right?" .

baekhyun nodded and mumbled a silent yes, but enough for his uncle to hear.

"so, like I said, think clearly, which one is the lesser evil?—"

this time, his uncle turned and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"hurt him while you are still here, alive. Or hurt him after making just a little bit of forever with him?, think baek, think."

his uncle grabbed a plate and set the food in it before placing it on the table.

"I have to go baek, kyungsoo's dad is looking for me".

his uncle said and then left baekhyun, still seating on his chair.
thinking about his uncle's words.
His thoughts were cut short when kyungsoo tapped him on the shoulder.

"too early to space out,don't you think?"

kyungsoo said and grabbed a piece of bread and munching on it.

"yeah, hurry up, I want to go to school early"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol woke up late because his stomach hurts like hell. H quickly stood up and ran to the bathroom and heaved into the toilet.

When kris found him, chanyeol was heaving his guts out.

"chanyeol! what's wrong?!". the older panicked and quickly rushed to chanyeol's side nd rubbed circles on chanyeol's back.

After chanyeol ceased throwing up his insides, kris drove then to the hospital. Chanyeol was confined and the doctor told them that chanyeol can go home after a week. Of course, the giant retorted since his plan for baekhyun on the long weekend would be ruined.

"but I need to go home!" chanyeol tried again.

"I am sorry mr. park. but that won't be possible.".
the doctor left and chanyeol sank in his bed.

"great, just great!". the giant shouted.

"don't be so down,stupid. I'll text baekhyun and tell him you are here".

"NO! don't!" chanyeol tried to stand up, bit failed in doing so.

kris shot an eyebrow and pocketed his phone.

"I don't want him to see me like this kris, It's so embarrassing".

Chanyeol threw his head back, and closed his eyes.

"he won't notice, so please, don't tell him anything. tell that to kai too, I don't want him blabbering about me, being in hospital" .

"right".

"don't say that kris, it makes me miss baekhyun".

"why?"

"it's a secret. anyways, I hope baekhyun doesn't notice my absence".

"I doubt it".


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"baek calm the down, maybe his just late..?".

"kyungsoo! two days! it been TWO ING DAYS ALREADY!".

Baekhyun screamed at the poor kyunsoo.

"he's not your boyfriend baek, so stop whinning".

"I AM NOT WHINNING! AND HE IS MY FRIEND! I'M JUST WORRIED!". another scream from baekhyun filled the school hallway.

"baek! shut up! people are staring! I'm sure he's fine! just.....just busy maybe".

baekhyun finally calmed down and dipped his head down.

"he haven't called yet kyung. I know we are not together, but, i don't know".

"you two grew so close in such a short time, it's amazing".

kyungsoo said as they continued walking.

"yeah, we like each other but I guess we're too.....stuborn? to confess?".

"you two make an odd couple". they laughed or awhile before going to their next class.


The two were walking towards the cafeteria when they spotted kai. Baekhyun ran to him so fast that
kyungsoo just stared in amazement .

when baekhyun caught up with kai, he called him and the younger turned to see a panting baekhyun.

"kai........c...chan..yeol..where?". baekhyun said, trying to catch his breath.

"hi hyung, what was that?"

"where the hell is park chanyeol?" . baekhyun asked the younger

"I—I..Idon'tknowwherechanyeolis" .

"what? kim jongin don't you dare lie to me". baekhyun used kai's real name and kai went into panic mode

"I really don't know baekhyun hyung" LIES.

bekhyun was about to scream at the poor kai,but kyungsoo caught up to them right on time.

"baek quit scaring him, jeez". said kyungsoo before turning his attention to kai.

"jongin, do you happen to know where chanyeol is?". kyungsoo tried using his aegyo to convince the younger.

"I-I really d-don't k-k-know". kai stuttered .

"oh, too bad. hmm I don't think I can call you tonight jongin, I need to use my phone later to try and contact chanyeol and ask him where he is."

kai still didn't budge, so kyungsoo decided to take it up a notch.

"it might take a week, or months before I can call you again jongin, sorry, bye we ha—".

"he's in the hospital! please! call me tonight, next week and next month kyungsoo please!".

kyungsoo smirked and whispered something to kai which made the latter blush .

"thanks jongin". kyungsoo smiled and took baekhyun's hand and stirred him away from kai.

"seoul international hospital(an: fictional hospital wahaa), kai will bring us to him later."

the smaller male smiled and continued walking.

"thanks kyung! you were amazing!". baekhyun pulled kyungsoo into a tight hug. "but we need to talk about you and kai later,seriously? you two talk on the phone every night?".


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three drove to the hospital where chanyeol is confined.

"could you not flirt in front of me? jeez". baekhyun said as he watch the two in front of him act like a couple.

"what? are you jealous baek?". kyungsoo asked trying to irk the other.

"shut up kyung". baekhyun mumbled and ignored the two nd stared out the window.

'I hope it's nothing serious'

baekhyun thought as his mind wandered to his giant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol sat on his bed, idly playing on his phone when he heard a knock to his door. Kris quickly stood up and opened the door. Kris seems to be arguing on who ever is behind the door, when the silent commotion stopped, kris stepped aside and chanyeol's eyes widen when he saw baekhyun with kyungsoo and jongin.

"it's kai's fault". kris quickly said and kai scratched the back of his head

chanyeol glared at kai before looking at baekhyun.

"byun ba—"

chanyeol's senten e was cut short and everyone gasped when baekhyun slapped chanyeol's face. the slap wasn't hard.

chanyeol looked at baekhyun and met the other's gaze, he was about to speak again but baekhyun suddenly embraced him and started sobbing silently.

chanyeol gestured kris and the others to leave them fpr awhile.

"pabo!" baekhyun shouted in between sobs.

"byun baekhyun, I'm sorry you had to see me like this".

"you've been gone for two days and you didn't even bother tp text or call me! I've been worried sick chanyeol! I thought something terrible happened to you".

chanyeol petted baekhyun's head before answering.

"I just don't want you to see me like this baek".

baekhyun pulled away and looked at chanyeol's appearance.
disheveled hair, hospital gown.

"you mean you don't want me to see you looking so hot? chanyeol, I look worse than you when I ha—"

chanyeol placed a finger on baekhyun's lips to shush him.

"no talking about cancer byun baekhyun".

baekhyun just nodded.

chanyeol, I don't care if you look like , as long as I know you are safe, I'm good."

baekhyun said, staring into chanyeol's eyes.

"I want to make it up to you baek".

"I'm listening".

"my uncle sent me money to go to the beach. kris, jongin and kyungsoo can come too, but we're going in a different island."

"you want me to go?".

chanyeol nodded.

"okay, but I have class"


"I'm going to ask jongin to make an excuse for you".

"thanks chanyeol". baekhyun embraced chanyeol and chanyeol enjoyed baekhyun's warmth.


outside the door, kai, kyumgsoo and kris tried to listen to baekhyun and chanyeol's conversation.


"those two are weird, they like eacg other, no doubt, but why aren't they confessing?!".

kai asked and the other two just shrugged.




——————————————–——————–———––-——

I might not update BIL and.pictire perfect tomorrow :)

hmmmm what's chanyeol's sickness? find out next tiiime.


comment vote subscribee ^^